The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, I think it's morning. Got up so early, it's still dark outside and could still be night.

No change here, temps still around 110, the only rain I see is a 2% chance on July 24.

That's it for now, have a fun and safe day....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning

Itis 49 degrees in southeast Ohio heading for 79. We almost had a record low high yesterday.  I had to wear a jacket while I mowed. 

We have a special election today to vote for a new congressman. Ours quit to take a job running a college so we have not been represented since Jan. 

I think a fire to burn some wood scraps is in order today.

Charlie
(06-11-2024, 06:04 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good morning

Itis 49 degrees in southeast Ohio heading for 79. We almost had a record low high yesterday.  I had to wear a jacket while I mowed. 

Charlie

Geeze, our low (80), beats your high... Only fires here are up where the wildfires roam....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is a refreshing 69 and will be heading up to 80. Today is the last pleasant day as the heat will be here for tomorrow and Friday. A cold front will push through Friday evening bringing thunderstorms and a nice weekend. Next week, however, the Delaware Valley will experience the heatdome.

I didn’t do much yesterday after work as I was in some pain. I did some laundry and oversaw the bringing of the recycle bins to the curb. On the layout I just looked at things in frustration. One of the passenger platform sections broke for the third time. The first time was a while back when it got knocked onto the floor. Second time it was knocked over on the layout. This time I have no idea what happened. One moment it was alright and then it was in two pieces again. I repaired it but now you can see the glue and the roof won’t align with the other platform section. I went and bought another kit which arrived about a week ago. I opened the kit and looked over the parts. At first, I was thinking about just building one section but now I am contemplating doing all four sections. I really have been dwelling on this issue too much and it has taken away time and desire to work on the bridge area and even running trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning everyone, still running on level ground, just filled up at Costco for $3.35, TV lady said it was a big surprise that gas prices have dropped by 30 cents instead of going up that much. Could it be that most folks can't afford to fill up and go anywhere, even though it's summer?

Might take a short pause in my Christmas present project and start a bit on my challenge. I might want to put it in CAD just to keep me from guessing on just how things should be arranged. No rush...

Enjoy the day...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today. Of course that always comes with a threat of storms.
Daughter and family stopped by yesterday with my Father's Day gift card for Texas Roadhouse saying they might not be home Sunday.
Gas is holding around 3.50. Only train news is a weekend outing for the club modular layout. Big doings in Owasso Mi. with real trains and military equipment on display. 
Thursday 6/13
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good afternoon.

i Had to make an unscheduled trip to the chiropractor because of doing something stupid. I was starting to feel too good.  He got me back together but the day is now for doing nothing. 

Gas was 3.49, last Friday it was 3.17. I really think it is what the traffic will bear.  With the new executive order cars will get 50 MPG.  Why so low? Couldn't we order them to get 200 MPG?  

We have a beautiful day here so I plan to really enjoy it. I am finally almost over the viral infection I have had so life is good. 

Cheers
Charlie
'tis afternoon, another hot day in Paradise and not helping them fight the wildfire on US60 between here and Wickenburg. it jumped the highway yesterday, so the only way to Wickenburg right now is about a three-hour detour. It has to be bad when the call in the DC10 tankers. So far they say that six houses have burned to the ground with about another 100 on evacuation alert. Lots of desert brush to burn.

Nothing else going on, that's enough excitement for one day. Fortunately, I wasn't planning on going up that way, but it is the route folks will be looking to take if they're going up to Las Vegas this weekend. Let's hope the fire is under control and the highway reopens by then.

Have a great day, what's left of it...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Got a visitor to the property on Tuesday. A newborn fawn got placed in our drainage ditch by its mother. The ditch is within my "invisible fence" for the dog, who has once again been relegated to a leash when he goes outside in case there's an encounter. Based on similar events among people I know, the fawn could be here for days or weeks until the mother decides that the fawn can tag along. My usual golf practice area is right around that ditch, so no swinging clubs.

As a consequence of the visitor, I've spent more time indoors this week (despite very nice weather), so I have at least popped the cork on my challenge efforts. Short week this week at work, so tomorrow might be a good day to get after some things on my personal list.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Good evening folks

I am recovering from the day out in the 90-degree sun. This was the second day of concrete pours in the heat. Both days I have been out from 9 AM to 2 PM. Needless to say I am cooked by the time I get back to the trailer. As I type the skies are darkening and there are watches posted for the next few hours.

I am still under restrictions until I see the surgeon in a week and a half. This will limit my participation in certain household chores. I can still do laundry if the baskets are light or carried by one the kids. There is replanting of the window boxes. I may be able to carry them down. The heat is killing off the pansies so a hardier flower will be planted. I may try my hand at some light weeding in the front gardens. The darn morning glory is trying to take over again and some Hosta needs to be transplanted. Inside there is the usual light cleaning. A trip to the pharmacy and the grocery store will be needed.

I need to finish putting away the rolling stock from my last train running session so I can have another one. I want to work on the bridges area. I can lay down the road and sidewalks and the roadway tunnel portal and the pedestrian tunnel portals. I have some cars I need to add to the inventory program. And of course, run some trains.

I still need to come up with my projects for the challenge.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(06-14-2024, 03:48 PM)tompm Wrote: Good evening folks

I am recovering from the day out in the 90-degree sun. This was the second day of concrete pours in the heat. Both days I have been out from 9 AM to 2 PM. Needless to say I am cooked by the time I get back to the trailer. As I type the skies are darkening and there are watches posted for the next few hours.

was out to Yuma today the temp was 108 in the shade with a uv index of 5 not unbearable for us desert rats.
Jim
Ahh Jim, I remember when Yuma used to be the hottest spot in the country. Things change, but it's still pretty hot there.

Good morning all, today is suppose to be a sleep-in day, but my mind though it was Wednesday or something. I got up my regular weekday time and that's just not right. Got stuff to do, I guess I now have more time to do it.

Costco and Sam's holding steady at gas pricing, but others are slowly catching up to them. Their 30 cent gap has now dwindled to 15 cents, many stations now at or close to $3.50 for regular.

Temps still up there, 111 is now the norm. Fire still burning up near Wickenburg, seven houses burned to the ground, but they say that it's 100% contained. Today is the official start of our Monsoon season. It used to be that it started when there were three consecutive days with the dew point at or above 55 degrees. After a government funded study, the just picked a day now to start and end the season. Just like when the add, delete or change dates for holidays. Can't keep track of any of this.

Enjoy the weekend...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Happy Father's Day Blue.
Sun and 87 today, hi 90s all week. For us that's hot.
I grabbed #1 son yesterday and we drove to Owasso Mi. for an outing. Our club layout was there along with an outdoor display of military vehicles.
We arrived just in time to see engine #1225 chuff its way out of town. We had lunch in a dining car that I was told is still used on excursions. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
And a very Happy Fathers Day to all you dads. Not sure what my day will be like, my family likes to wait 'till the last minute to arrange anything, so it will be a total surprise whatever happens.

Nothing new here in the desert. I'm assuming the wildfire north of here on US60 is out, I have no reason to go to Wickenburg right now, and the news is too full of sports to pay attention to mundane things like folks being burned out of their houses.

No change in temps or gas prices, so we'll just sit back today and wait for the phone to ring... Enjoy the day today, especially with your family.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and