MWaz Get off your duff challenge
Little bit more on decal work. Number board on smoke box. Looks like I need to straighten out that generator bracket.
[Image: IMG_0173_zpsuxn6jf8o.jpg]

I was searching the inter webs one night looking for a Pullman Green color that resembles the color green that Floquil used to make. And it's difficult to compare paint chips from different paint makers on a computer screen. But, I settled on a upstart RR model paint company from GA, Called Modelers Paints and Decals and decided to give them a try. Started by a longtime model railroader who also missed Floquil and Pollyscale paints. Manufacture claims to match Floquil paint color exactly. Selection is rather small at this time, but will take color request under consideration to add to they're product line. The reason why I mention all this is, they also have a color called "cab green", which I decided also to pick up. When I saw how Steve detailed the cab of his camelback, I thought that looked pretty cool. I'm not going to do that much detail on the backhead because it will mostly be covered by a backplate. But a little different color in the cab could add some interest.
[Image: IMG_0168_zps6o6oik1w.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0169_zpssrekv1nz.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0172_zpslljfpxhc.jpg]

The cab green went on thin and took a couple of coats. The grey on the top of the cab is suppose to represent "Insulmat" a product PRR used in the cabs when the wooden ceilings were removed. Photo was also taken with a flash.

Messages In This Thread