The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, We did hit 115 yesterday, got back from my early morning doctor appointment and never left the house the rest of the day. The "real feel" was 119. Ahh, another "weather action day" according to one TV station that also claims "the most accurate forecast". Nice little catchphrases with really no meaning. Temps drop down to near a sub-zero 111 today.

Saw a gun I liked at the gun show Saturday, resisted temptation and didn't buy it. Got home and all I could think about is why I passed it up. Went on the Internet and found out why, it was selling higher than retail. I found some on the Internet that were up to $100 cheaper but out of stock. I did find the last on that was in stock here in the Phoenix area and I paid $60 less for it than I would have at the show. For the most part, there are few bargains at shows like this, but if you're looking for something specific, it'll be there. The other thing about gun shows is that there are private sellers there, not many but they are there, some have tables, others are walking around with "for sale" signs and those transactions do not require a background check or paying sales tax, and that's one contention of the gun control folks, the government has no record of the deal and the tax collector is helpless.

Got to make a run to Harbor Freight today, got a 30% off coupon on anything selling for under $10 and there's a few things there that I can use and they say that it's good for up to 4 items at one time. Harbor Freight cut back on coupons during the pandemic but they're back, even giving free stuff occasionally.

Take care, have a fun-filled day today and stay safe while doing it...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-12-2022, 06:23 AM