M. B. Klein Closing?
I have connections to some inside sources - some guys who USED to work for M.B. Klein part time.  The part time status gave them the ability to get employee discounts which helped cut costs for them.  Sorry, Tom, but my last message was not completely accurate.

Word has it that the Timonium, MD headquarters has been shuttered, and new owners have bought out the Klein family.  The old man passed away over a decade ago, and the daughters don't really want anything to do with the business.  Everything on the property has been moved to somewhere in the Midwest (Nebraska maybe?).  The good news is that the business is still operating through modeltrainstuff.com, but that's not to say that the new owners won't change their price structure (which was pretty hard to beat).  It also means locals like me won't be able to place an order and then have the option to go pick it up from the front desk.

The website still has the Timonium address listed as the headquarters, but I would suspect that's about to change.

I still have memories of one of my first visits to their Timonium showroom in the early 2000's, when this guy by the name of Brantley saw me pondering a display of diesels and asked "How are your TRAINS????"  If there was one example of a what the general public thinks of model railroaders, Brantley was probably the poster child, but his heart was in the right place.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
M. B. Klein Closing? - by tompm - 12-06-2023, 07:34 PM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by TMo - 12-07-2023, 04:44 AM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by TMo - 12-27-2023, 01:11 PM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by TMo - 01-29-2024, 11:34 AM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by Charlie B - 01-30-2024, 08:16 AM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by tompm - 01-30-2024, 02:21 PM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by nachoman - 02-13-2024, 11:57 AM
RE: M. B. Klein Closing? - by Charlie B - 02-14-2024, 07:36 AM