Gluing Track To Foam
MrBill Wrote:.... For curves, I weight down the section overnight. .....

Ah! For me, that would be the "waiting" part, as most of my track is on curves. Misngth Misngth
And it never occurred to me to use a hammer (with a nailset, yet) - I've always used pliers, just like when handlaying track. Obviously, both methods seem to work well, although the caulk would be preferable when working on foam.
I did find, about two months after putting down the track, that there were several lateral "waves" in some areas of straight track. I'm uncertain as to the cause: The lumber had been in the layout room for a couple of years, so it wasn't humidity (or lack of it), and it wasn't temperature variation, as there's probably less than 10F degrees variation through the year. Some of it was cured by removing a few nails and re-aligning the track, while a couple of spots needed all of the nails removed. The "waves" were then "walked" to the nearest curve, dissipating in a slightly increased radius. Never had a problem with it after that. Goldth
I may use caulk on my second level's track, as I'm leaning towards Central Valley tie strips, but that's not in the near future.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread