finally building layout
As most of you know,a while back i started a standard gauge HO logging layout in the late 1940's in the pacific northwest.well,it took a backseat for a while and i finally got the scratchbuilding bug after being on the new site with all my freinds again Thumbsup .so this thread will have anything and everything i do to the layou.over the weekend and my day off ill post a diorama i built to test my scenery making skills Nope .and next up will be 2 spool donkey and a work train with a totally scratchbuilt machinists car,flat car,wood chip gon and at some point ill build a caboose and boxcar to go along for the ride.i also have a 25,000 gallon water tank in progress and a fuel oil station made form a tanker.hobby lobby finally got some good stuff in so that really helped me out,so hopefully scratchbuilding will take much less time.and at some point ill HAVE to finish my sawmill,its way overdue but its been a real pain to find enough pics of the interior to do so.but even still,i cant wait to get home and start postin pics!--josh

about the water tank.i found the best form for the tank EVER.a 20 oz powerade bottle is the EXACT size in HO for the tank and the angled top has the right roof pitch to boot :o ,ha what luck!
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]

Messages In This Thread