E-paw's Orphan challenge part 2
On to the next one,,,, Thumbsup
For the "part 2" I will be doing improvements to on my layout to the city of Easton PA. According to my "new Project", thread the last time I did any work to Easton was Aug. 2012...But that is not why I am calling it an orphan. Although the town is firmly set on the layout and connected to the main by a branch line, the track-age is completely inaccessible because of a few operational problems. This keeps it isolated from the rest of the layout and a true orphan.

The things I hope to accomplish are that I need to install and some manual switch, and some remote ones also, as some turnouts are out of reach. One of the biggest problems is that I need a way to switch control of the Easton track-age from one part of the layout to another. Most of the track needs ballast, I only did a few small sections when I was taking pictures for my RMC article. Not all of the blocks are connected and some more track needs to be laid to complete another connection to the main.

My problem is that Easton ( shown here)    

is a separate city that is serviced by the CNJ. It connects to the SH&D main at Allentown (shown here)    

The branch starts at the switch with the track leading behind the mountain. The first two turnouts that the branch hits are out of easy reach, so remote switch machines are in order.( shown here )     Also all the track leading up to that switch is dead. At the other (west) end of town the track ties into another railroad. The Bangor & Easton is the section of that turns off into the tunnel portal.( shown here )     It is supposed to connect back to SH&D rails on the other side of the mountain in Bath. But some one has stolen the track Confusedhock: .    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread