The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, here we are into Summer already, Summer Solstice was yesterday, didn't get dark here until well past 8:00, glad we're not on DST or that would be ridiculously late. Temps still running below normal, today's average is 107, we're not expected to hit 100 today. I can remember days where it was still 100 at midnight and a few where it never got lower than 100.

The wildfire just east of the valley is now past 65,000 acres and threatening homes. One area is under evacuation orders. The humidity is very low and that doesn't help the firefighters any, which I understand number over 900 along with a few of those large tankers and a few helicopters.

Tompm, glad to have you stop by. I know about the time-consuming frustrations of caregiving, a break now and then is essential and as you say, strange to have some time to yourself. Good luck with your FIL, and hope to see more of you.

EDIT: The wildfire in the Tonto National Park is now over 80,000 acres with over 1000 firefighters on the line. So far it hasn't hit the tall pines though. I17 was temporarily shut down last night due to another wildfire between Phoenix and Flagstaff. All the fires we've had so far this year have been started by humans. I just don't get it.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-22-2019, 06:39 AM