The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, yet another new week is upon us. Getting warmer, low temp today is 66, high around 98, I guess I'm going to have to turn on the A/C pretty soon. Temps going up, gas prices slowly going down, more stations now at $3.99, going to fill up at Costco this morning at $3.69.

Went to Walmart the other day, wanted something selling for $7.00 and it was locked in a case in the pharmacy area. There was an employee right there so she opened the case and got what I wanted, then said, "I'll take it over to register 11". I said, "no you won't, if you can't trust me with a $7.00 item while I have close to $100 of other stuff in my cart, just put it back". I know that's store policy, but they should give the employee a bit of judgmental latitude in who might want to just steal that item or who would pay. There are so many other items nearby that sell for $20 and more that are not locked up. I guess I don't blame them, shoplifting is getting way out of hand. What gets me more though is when they fire someone for trying to stop a shoplifter. We all pay when they have these "hands off" policies and so most of what they steal winds up on eBay.

Speaking of eBay, I also found what I wanted at Walmart on eBay for as low as $4.00 and as high as $60. Are people crazy? Why would anyone actually pay that much for something that most likely is watered down since it was listed as "pre-owned" when they can buy it brand new at most drug stores or Walmart (if they want the hassle) for well under $10?

That's my rant of the day. I hope yours is a good day without hassles and enjoyable whether you are working or playing.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hi all. its Monday May 13th again still trying to figure out what happened to April. not much going on other than ac not working had to all repair guy this morning the rest of the week is kind of slow other than a trip to Tucson Thursday.
stay safe Jim
Greetings, gang.

Hazy skies this morning which will partially clear off as the day progresses. 50 now going to maybe the low 70s later.

Fairly quiet recently and it looks like that streak will continue. Big item on the agenda today is mowing along with the usual string trimming and sidewalk cleaning. Maybe I'll work on trip planning this afternoon.

Gas was down to $3.15 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tues. 5/14
Hello Blue
We have sun and 60s for the day. Monday the temp went to 83. #1 son came and cut the grass for us. Gas is around $3.59 here. Eggs are still $2.00 a doz.
Since I didn't have a gift, I took my wife out to dinner Sunday. Chinese food, we finished it last night for supper. I have no plans for today but there will be some homemade chocolate chip cookies coming from the kitchen soon.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good afternoon, just a flash by, been busy doing stuff around the house and it's time to rest. Did fill up at Costco for $3.69, close to the cheapest in the Phoenix area. Temps are getting up there to the point that I'm ready to turn on my A/C, it hit 100 the past two days and there's no turning back until around October.

Take care, stay cool and stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

It's a hazy 56 outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to the low to mid 70s by this afternoon with a 50% chance for rain this evening.

Routine trip to the gym yesterday. After that I got the yard mowed and cleaned up. This morning I need to head to Walmart. Also got word on the recall on my car. Seems they just want me to drive it until it breaks. I said that wouldn't work as I needed to make a couple of 2000+ mile trips and don't want to get stranded somewhere. They agreed to fix it on June 4th. Not much else to report this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning, not much going on this way. Getting hotter, turned on the A/C yesterday, was sleeping good until the power company did their scheduled shutdown around 10 PM. Got uncomfortable really quick until they restored power a bit after 1:00. Not really complaining, it's rare that we have a power failure and they warned us several weeks ago, just that it took over 20 minutes this morning to reboot my computer. What was funny though is there was an email from the power company saying that power was restored and that I should call them if I still don't have power... Waiting 

Nothing really important happening today, no appointments, all chores are either done or put aside for later consideration, so I have a free day. I do need to go to Sam's Club and get a refund on my membership. They automatically renewed it and I don't recall giving them permission to do so. No need to have a Costco and a Sam's Club card when I mostly use them to buy gas, plus Costco is a few miles closer anyway.

Have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 57 outside my window this morning. Headed for continued clear skies and the low 80s for the next few days. Rain chances Sunday night through Tuesday.

Routine day yesterday. Was trying to swim 3/4 of a mile and had to quit one lap short as my legs started to cramp. This morning I'll be heading out the the door for graduation from preschool for one of my great-grandsons. Also need to stop at the bank and make a donation to his mom's campaign fund. She's running for county auditor.

Gas was down to $3.04 with one automated station at $2,99. Personally I don't trust those as it's too easy to put in a card skimmer.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning, Friday already, sheesh.... Had a few pock marks on my windshield yesterday, talked to someone on the east side and she said she actually heard the rain on her roof, but the streets and sidewalks were dry and officially it did not rain.

Gas is down a penny or two in some places but still close to $4.00. Don't expect much change since we've gone over to the "summer blend". I talked to a friend who was heading to Oregon and said he was in California getting gas for well over $5.00 and I read where they're going to add another fifty cents to that for some sort of environmental impact tax.

Got an early morning appointment then the rest of the day is mine to do as I please. Gee, ain't retirement great???? So hard to decide what to do sometimes.... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good afternoon folks

It is a cloudy 63 with a predicated high.

I have not been around much tis week. Of course with the week we had who could blame me. It started Saturday with our chimney inspection. The liner for our chimney that vents the gas water heater and gas furnace had collapsed. Now we finally had an answer to why the paint was peeling in our bedroom. It was from the carbolic acid that was being formed by the gases from the appliance mixing with water. Three thousand dollars later we have a new stainless-steel liner and a rubberized chimney cap.

Monday, I had to take the car back to the shop. The flat tire that was fixed on Friday had developed another leak or as I found out three more pin hole leaks. I had to get new tires for the front. I will get the back at the end of the month. Tuesday my wife is sitting at the dining room table working on cleaning some jewelry and she hears a loud ping followed by a cracking noise. My wife goes to the front door and opens to find the full-length window on the storm door shattered. She also finds the owner of our lawn service standing there holding a blower with a amazed look on his face. He was cleaning up and apparently a stone was blown into the glass. He has taken responsibility and is in the process of getting the glass replaced.

Wednesday my wife got a letter from her mail order pharmacy warning her there could be another shortage of mounjaro when she goes to order it in a month. Yesterday I had to be at work at 5 AM due to an early concrete. I was there until 4 PM. Needless to say I was exhausted, and nothing got done at home.

This weekend we are hoping for boring. There is laundry to do and runs to the grocery store, produce store, and pharmacy. We may try to get some gardening done. I found out yesterday that I will be having my second attempt to have the hernia taken care of on the 30th.

I a hoping to run some trains this weekend. I also want to work on the bridges, but we see how it goes.

I hope everybody has a good weekend.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery