Rainbows in the Lehigh Valley Gorge
Chalk up one barf bag! Thanks, Tom. Glad you could make it through to the end.

One thing I did not include was some road dust - typically gray. Definitely need to address the pilots with that for sure. I'm working on the final installs of the railings. The bright yellow horizontals were harsh on the eye in comparison to the grime on the rest of the beast, but again, the burnt umber wash took the shine off. Maybe some pictures of a finished product early in the week. I'm taking it in to work where there's a guy with a fondness for the Reading. He might not make it to the bathroom in time.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Wow Tmo that looks awful in the best way possible. I like the makeup brush idea.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
Yep - can't remember where I got that tip on the makeup brushes, Amanda, but I did steal it from someone. I think I got the full kit at Rite Aid or Walgreens (pretty cheap if I recall), and I do remember the cashier giving me a bit of an odd look. The fellas at work got a kick out of the finished product today when I brought it in to handle, and one thing I can say, is that the camera doesn't really capture the extent of the weathering. The common theme was "man, that thing looks BEAT!" Mission accomplished.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
I upgraded my makeup brushes a few years ago but could never bring myself to throw them out as they’re still perfectly good, but the idea of passing them on to someone else (despite being clean) was gross to even consider, so they’ve just been clean and sitting in a drawer ever since. I think I finally have a use to put them to!
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda