ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed (/showthread.php?tid=1244)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 11-14-2010

Thanks Gus and Ralph , I had been in a little slump but getting back into the layout with the short days.
Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 11-27-2010

So far this weekend I got the southwest corner done on the work bench and placed on the layout . I need to blend it in and also got the preliminary road in place in front of it.

[Image: DSCN0496.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0497.jpg]

Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Gary S - 11-27-2010

I like the backdrop and the trailer park. I have been considering one for my layout, but I think an old residential neighborhood may be more fitting.

Thumbsup Keep up the good work!

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 11-27-2010

Thanks Gary , The trailer folks on my layout out class the bums under the overpass!

Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Steamtrains - 11-28-2010

Hey Mike..!! Those litlle scenic "vignettes" are really cool...and an effective way to "people" the layout. That trailer park scene with the bowling alley and the restaurant looks just great. And the placement of the trailers and shrubbery neatly hides the transition from layout to backdrop....Very, very nicely done.... Thumbsup

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 11-28-2010

Steamtrains Wrote:Hey Mike..!! Those litlle scenic "vignettes" are really cool...and an effective way to "people" the layout. That trailer park scene with the bowling alley and the restaurant looks just great. And the placement of the trailers and shrubbery neatly hides the transition from layout to backdrop....Very, very nicely done.... Thumbsup
Thank you very much Gus. That was exactly what I was hoping for.
Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-05-2011

Here is what I have been doing here while off work.
I decided the yard was way to much at the front of the layout so here is what I did and seems to work well and gives more scenery space as well as better scenery transition.

[Image: DSCN0803.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0804.jpg]

Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Steamtrains - 02-05-2011

Hey Mike....Nice to see you around these parts... Goldth
I see you've been busy....I like the "snakey" look of that yard. And a double-crossover to top it off... Thumbsup
Question...That "butte" in the upper left corner...Is that on the layout or on the background..?? I like the multi-color effect. I'll have to give that a try on my layout....

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-06-2011

Steamtrains Wrote:Hey Mike....Nice to see you around these parts... Goldth
I see you've been busy....I like the "snakey" look of that yard. And a double-crossover to top it off... Thumbsup
Question...That "butte" in the upper left corner...Is that on the layout or on the background..?? I like the multi-color effect. I'll have to give that a try on my layout....
Thanks Gus, That butte is a foam stack and plastered and painted. It has been on 3 layouts and if you look at the old ACTRR videos , it was in the same spot.
Thanks , Mike

Cheers

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-06-2011

Here is the newest video , #17 , on the ACTRR.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LbGoI-Vmwns">http://www.youtube.com/embed/LbGoI-Vmwns</a><!-- m -->

Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Harry - 02-07-2011

nice video, great work Mike Thumbsup

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-07-2011

Harry Wrote:nice video, great work Mike Thumbsup
Thanks Harry and glad to have you follow along.
Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Steamtrains - 02-07-2011

Excellent video of a great layout..!! I'm Misngth with envy.....
I'm floored to see you've got an A-B-B-A Super Chief consist there... The beauty of working in N scale....If I tried that (only have an A-B consist), it would take up half the layout... Nope I will start adding some passenger cars soon to build me a mini Super Chief...
Looking forward to your yard modification video... Thumbsup

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-07-2011

Steamtrains Wrote:Excellent video of a great layout..!! I'm Misngth with envy.....
I'm floored to see you've got an A-B-B-A Super Chief consist there... The beauty of working in N scale....If I tried that (only have an A-B consist), it would take up half the layout... Nope I will start adding some passenger cars soon to build me a mini Super Chief...
Looking forward to your yard modification video... Thumbsup
Thanks Gus , but now that the yard is shorter the train will be also. I will likely remove a B unit and two coaches.
Thanks Gus , Mike

Re: ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed - Fifer - 02-26-2011

Well the McDonalds and small depot have been removed to make way for the new yard expansion.
I also am posting a picture of the re-done existing yard modification. It will all give better operation and scenery possibilities.

[Image: DSCN0960.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0959.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0958.jpg]

Thanks , Mike