WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: P5se Camelback - Bil Marsland (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build (/showthread.php?tid=2117)

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Ralph - 03-09-2011

There ya go! I can't think of any better visual proof that this scene looks absolutely terrific! I say don't change a thing! Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - tsby_fan - 03-09-2011

I agree! Looks absolutely fantastic, and quite realistic. Excellent job!
Al Cheers

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - P5se Camelback - 03-10-2011

nachoman Wrote: ... One piece of more abstract advice that sometimes helps me. The road scene looks good enough as it is right now. Move on to another area, forget about this area, and a few days (or weeks) later come back to it with a fresh eye. You will see and understand things differently than you did before.

Gary S. Wrote: ... my wife said the same thing. Take a few days off from this scene, and move on to something else, then see if any further inspiration occurs.

Some very insightful advice from two very thoughtful people! Kevin and Vicky have the right idea ... walk away ... work on a differnt area a good distance away from South Wayside for a while. When you come back, you will have "fresh eyes."

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Gary S - 04-23-2011

Haven't posted on this in over a month, so I took some pics of the room as it is right now. I had a couple visitors this morning, so I hastily cleaned up and we ran the trains a bit. I should have taken some photos with the visitors, but didn't.

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - faraway - 04-23-2011

Gary, that layout is making good progress. The most remarkable thing is the sparse use of tracks. It is really scenery with tracks not vise versa. That is very impressive Thumbsup I hope to get a chance to see it in real later this year.

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Gary S - 04-23-2011

faraway Wrote:I hope to get a chance to see it in real later this year.

Woohoo! Remember, you have a place to stay if you need it!

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - P5se Camelback - 04-23-2011

WOO HOO!
Things are really progressing!! I'm depressed ... I mean, impressed! With all the concentration on the development of a few individual scenes, I forgot about the rest of the layout!!!

Things are lookin' GOOD!

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - mountaingoatgreg - 04-23-2011

Gary,

Its great to see how all the pieces are fitting together. Sometime it is really nice to step bakc and take a good over view look at the layout to see how much has been done, and with everything you do IT IS A LOT!!!

Keep up the great work and keep us posted!!!

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Charlie B - 04-24-2011

Gary, You have really turned this into a very impressive pike. 2 thumbs up! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - steinjr - 04-24-2011

Holy cow! Seeing the whole thing really brings it home how fast you are working, and how amazing the results are.

Bravo!

Smile,
Stein

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - tetters - 04-24-2011

Very nice Gary! Good to seeing all that hard work coming together. Thumbsup

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Russ Bellinis - 04-27-2011

I've been gone on vacation for the past week, that layout & room is looking great.

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Gary S - 04-27-2011

Thanks everyone. The past few days have been spent ballasting the SF interchange and Middle Yard, along with painting the rails and ties. Planning to get on Houston's October Layout Tour, so I need to make some progress.... carving in the remainder of the terrain, painting the foam, completing all the ballast, and some more of the backdrop painted. Oh... also want to work on the little neighborhood on the peninsula.

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - P5se Camelback - 04-27-2011

To anyone else that would be looked at as "a rather ambitious set of goals" ...

... but at the speed that you work, having ALL THAT done in time for an October Layout Tour ...
... should be child's play! Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build - Gary S - 05-07-2011

Hey all, although good progress is being made, not much to report from the layout room. Just mundane things like laying track on some unfinished spurs, getting caught up on all the ballasting, and doing some basic terrain features here and there, mostly ditches and culverts. Am also contemplating removing a couple of spurs at the "Hobby Industrial Park," putting more distance from the yard.... a little more room to just run trains in the rural areas.