The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-03-2015

ezdays Wrote:it's June already and I've got to put some plans together for our anniversary next week. I won't say right now how many years that it's been, but take a guess if you dare....

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Well . . . . if I have done my arithmetic correctly . . . You've been here only 1 week longer than I have !

Eek are we really getting THAT old ? Wink :o Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:it's June already and I've got to put some plans together for our anniversary next week. I won't say right now how many years that it's been, but take a guess if you dare....

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Well . . . . if I have done my arithmetic correctly . . . You've been here only 1 week longer than I have !

Eek are we really getting THAT old ? Wink :o Icon_twisted
Yeah, but I was talking about my wedding anniversary. I guess I wasn't too clear on that, sorry.... :oops: :oops:

And yes, I've been married quite a few more years than I've been around these parts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 61 headed for a high of about 80. Looks to be a nice day. The NWS has taken most of the rain chances back out of the forecast.

The invitations were dropped in the mail at 3:07 PM yesterday afternoon. 2285_ 2285_ Glad that chore is off my desk. Now I have to sit around and wait for the RSVP's to roll in.

Today looks to be a good day for a bike ride and mow the lawn. That's about all I have on my agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-04-2015

Morning. Rainy. Got a showing of lake house today. Hope they "bite". Went up and mowed in the rain yesterday. Now off to lunch with son. Mayor's show videos in afternoon. Dinner with Wifey and Daughter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-04-2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the CHIEF 548

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-04-2015

Good morning all, a bit chilly last night and for the next few days, high temps don't get into the 100's until Sunday. That's great since we're planning on doing some target shooting Saturday. Still, we're headed out around 6 to beat the crowds and the heat. We've been stopping at local restaurants for breakfast before we shoot until a few weeks ago when we decided to stop at a truck stop which is at the exit we get off to go to our shooting spot. Wow, it's a good thing it's close to 50 miles away or we'd be going there every morning to eat. Great food at decent prices and friendly service, but then I guess you'd expect that at a truck stop. Not only that, but they're open 24/7, otherwise at 6:00 AM, we'd probably wind up stopping at a Denny's. Nope There's a Cracker Barrel off the Interstate there, but the last time we ate there, the biscuits were hard and the gravy was like paste. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 06-04-2015

There are damn good reasons why truckers stop at truck stops, and not at Big Macs or other chains - that is because they get damn good meals and service - Here in UK I always use a "truckers kaff" with several rigs outside, in preference to any chain joint! The only decent chain-type restaurants are at Forton Services , northbound on the M6, and Lakeside on the M6 southbound

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 06-04-2015

Having driven trucks for a couple years I can tell you there is good food at some of the truck stops, but sometimes it is the big parking lot that attracts truckers. Goldth
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-05-2015

Good morning all, right now it's trying to rain out. Lots of thunder and a few spots on the driveway. Other parts of the valley got some rain yesterday and I'm sure are getting dumped on right now, but not us...yet... Still, if they get any measurable rain today at the Phoenix airport, that will be the record for that day. Besides that, it's been around 22 years since we've had any rain in June and they're saying that it was only .01" back then. Oh yeah, I see that the Weather Channel is saying "20% chance of rain, today will be mostly sunny"... go figure...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-05-2015

Morning gang. Sun is trying to pop out. That is good. Things growing fast now. Got time to run some trains yesterday. Not much until this evening. Tomorrow is HS graduation in the middle of the afternoon.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-05-2015

Good morning Blue
Sun and 78 now.
If they don't need fuel or a shower then I'd say it's a large open parking lot they look for.
No train news. The sudden death of a family friend means a visit to the funeral home today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-05-2015

Yeah, I agree on the large parking lot where truckers can navigate easily, but it's the food and other amenities that keep them coming back to those that are better than others. There was a show on one of the channels a few years ago that featured some really way-out truck stops. Not only did they have a selection of different restaurants, shops, showers and bunks, but movies, a chapel, barbers and a multitude of recreation areas. Some even had medical help and counseling. Confusedhock: I looked this truck stop up, it's on I-10 at the 399th Ave. exit, and the only negative on Yelp for the restaurant was some trucker complaining because he couldn't get the attention of a mechanic to service his truck. Geeze, what does that have to do with the food? Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-05-2015

Hey all,

They say bad things happen in 3's my foot still a problem, my employer just got sold and I have gained some weight lately do to staying off the foot and eating out of boredom.

Monday I see the foot Doc. , the weight I can do something about the job I have to work two more days before taking care of foot if I still have a job will find out Saturday what the situation is there.

Weather is sunny hot and a slight breeze.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-05-2015

One comment I read on truck stops was about getting back on the highway. If you get between a couple of trucks, you can't accelerate to highway speed but the trucks can push their way into the traffic better than a car.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s.

Not much accomplished yesterday other than a 14 mile bike ride and a quick visit with the local Social Security office. After supper last night I walked down to the local Dairy Queen (about 7 blocks) and got a cherry sundae. DQ used to be a block away but moved several years ago. Since they moved I don't go nearly as often. Nothing major on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom