The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-20-2016

Morning all. A little foggy and 65 degrees. Too warm for late Oct. Should change to a lot cooler this weekend.

Nothing much but several Dr.s apts.

Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-20-2016

Good morning folks, we're looking at well above average temps for the next few days, normal is in the high 80's, we're looking at the high 90's for today and tomorrow and still in the mid 90's though the weekend. It's hard to believe that we're just a bit over a week until Halloween, Walmart already has their Christmas stuff on display, wouldn't it be nice if they joined the other stores that have decided not to open on Thanksgiving Day? I hope this is a trend, people will spend their money on Friday if they can't do it on Thursday, so no one will lose out if they wait a day to start the Christmas rush... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 28 headed for sunny and 62 today.

Excited for this afternoon. Cement is supposed to be poured around 2. I'll be glad to see this project completed. Not much else on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-21-2016

Well, here we are at another Friday, a hot one around here. Normal temps should be in the high 80's,today's forecast is for 97. Still, we're looking at rain possibly on Sunday on into next week.

Been busy getting stuff we didn't sell at our yard sale last weekend put in boxes. A few things we'll keep, the rest goes to the Salvation Army or the trash bin. Hard to believe that we had stuff for sale that we are now throwing away, but they say that one man's trash is another man's treasure... Not slighting the ladies, but that's how the saying goes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - railbuilderdhd - 10-21-2016

Hey Don,
I think the ladies are too smart to want our trash so thats how the saying ended up like you said.

hehehe

Dave

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-21-2016

Hello Blue
We had lite rain all day yesterday and gloom all day today. Hi in the 50s.
I have a "bug" so it's been basic online time and a few hellos.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - JaBear - 10-22-2016

Gidday Campers, a very belated thanks for the enlarged photo of your former 124 Spider, Tom. My interest in Fiats comes from having a friend who has had, for many years, the reputation as the go-to-man for not only fixing the idiosyncrasies of Italian cars, especially Fiats, but also making them go faster. He has a Fiat Abarth 124 Spider of a similar vintage, though when I caught up with him last week end when I went over the hill to do the annual service on he and his brothers aeroplane, he informed me that it was currently off the road getting that curse of Italian cars, rust, removed, though as usual with mechanics own cars, it is way down on the list of priorities.

BR60103 Wrote:but I wonder why it might have been scrapped for WW1?

I wonder if the journalist who wrote the article either misheard or got finger trouble as later on the article refers to the replacement of the street cars in 1937, David. After WW 2 would have made more sense as far as scrapping the rails goes. Anyhow it piqued my interest to look further and I came across this site, which, of course, you maybe already aware of.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/electric/guelph.htm">http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/e ... guelph.htm</a><!-- m -->

Have fun ffolkes,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa today. Right now it's 37 headed for a high of 67. Looks to be a beautiful fall day.

I have cement! The great construction project of 2016 is getting closer to completion. Cement was poured yesterday and I spent a nervous several hours watching so that inappropriate comments were not indelibly carved into it.

Today's agenda will include some routine house-cleaning chores and this afternoon a friend is taking me four wheeling for the first time. Should be a fun afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-22-2016

Morning. Fall Festival is going strong in front of my house. South Main Street is closed. Vender tents all up and down on both sides. Main Street Park is Garden Club [Wifey and crew], PD and FD. Windy and 58 degrees. BIG change. Getting ready for the free HOTDOGS the PD gives away. Then early afternoon, go south to the wedding. Kids will have sore throats by end of the day. Barking and barking at all the folks.

Tom, landscaper finished the front brick walk way. Started last spring. Rain stopped him. Then farming [he farms too]. Finally got back. He was telling me about a buddy that poured a sidewalk in Raleigh near a "project". Left. Next morning, had to completely remove it due to comments in the wet cement, bikes ridden through it and some even walked through it. Poured again and spent the night watching.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 10-22-2016

Mornin all. Another beautiful day on the West coast of Canuck land. I was knocked flat with the flu this past week, It has been a long time since I have been that sick. I guess I had better go get my flu shot 357 I only missed getting the shot once about 20 years ago and ended up getting Pneumonia. Considering the shot doesn't cost anything I should not be so deadbeatish about making the effort to go in and get it.
I have to go and get on the Deere and start chopping up the leaves, there are lots of huge Maples out there that produce monster leaves. I'll do that for an hour before I go to the arena(s) with the kid for Hockey. I just love being involved with those kids, it is nothing but pure joy on their faces as Saturday is Hockey day in Canada. We spend hours at the rink(s) with all the kids and then have a house full of friends watching the NHL in the evenings. This happens most Saturdays.

We have introduced a lot of recent refugees to the game. They found their way to the arena with the church groups that are sponsoring them (wanting to show them some Canadian culture). There are tears of joy on the parents faces as their kids are once again starting to smile as all kids should be doing. A few stories of some of the horrors they have faced in the past few years is sickening. I am really proud of our hockey families, parents and kids, as they go out of their way to help these kids get on the ice and make sure they have sticks and helmuts. We are bending some rules and the staff at the rink close their eyes when I go into the rental shop and pull skates and brainbuckets for these kids. No one is going to charge them a dime and that is fine with all of us. Who knows maybe one of them will be in the NHL one day. Nothing would make me happier.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, whether it is Fall Fairs or Hockey, there is nothin like community involvement to leave your innards full of satisfaction. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more warm day in store before the weather turns cool again. 45 right now headed for a high of 67.

Yesterday's gorgeous weather (70 and sunny with low humidity) made for perfect day for 4 wheeling. Had a great afternoon followed by train running on the Backyard & Southern. All in all a very good day. Nothing much planned for today other than the F1 race from Austin, TX, this afternoon.

Frank - it's just so sad to see the decline in simple courtesy that results in the kind of activity you described.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-23-2016

Afternoon. Slept about 10 hours. Vacuumed the house while Wifey went to Church. I didn't get going good enough to get ready in time.
Pretty day out and 65 degrees.
Now get ready for Mrs. Dorothy's funeral. Bet it will be long.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 10-23-2016

Good morning all.

It is another beautiful sunny day on the West Coast. It is the kind of day that if I owned a Fiat Spider, the wife and I would take a rip up to Whistler, have a nice lunch and come home. It is a stunning drive on a very good sport car friendly winding highway.

Daydreaming aside, 357 I will be finishing my leaf chopping on the John Deere and then will probably watch the winter classic from Winnipeg and then the Canucks who are in Aniheim to play the Ducks. It is amazing how much more time I am spending in front of the Boobtube as this arthritis sinks its teeth into me. I would rarely watch any TV in the past as doing just about anything else seemed more productive and more enjoyable to me. I subscribed to Netflix and have been watching old series like X-files that I never saw when they were on. So much of that show was filmed within walking distance of where I live now, it is kind of funny to watch.

My Daughter just wrapped up her entry for the Zoom Film Festival. They are given themes they must use and have 72 hours to produce a film and send it in. They had to write a script, produce a screenplay, edit and do all the other things you do to make a film. Her school has incredible audio/ visual facilities and her short film is amazing. She has made other films just for school projects and the finished products were only so-so at best, however, this one is as good or better than a lot of the winners from past years. We are all very excited for her. She spent days on the set of "Wonder" this summer as an extra and was elbow to elbow with Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson and was able to watch everything the Director did, as she would be standing next to him and the actors for most of their 14 hour days. She learned a lot and it shows in this project. She is 15 and had only some short naps for the last three days, so I don't expect to see her for a while as she came home and fell asleep before her head hit the pillow. 357

Getting back to more RR time as Winter approaches. It is sure nice knowing the layout is just a walk through a door when the spirit moves me to wanting some train time.
All the best to all for a great Sunday.
Brent

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-24-2016

Morning. 55 degrees and sunny. Off to the east to hunt. Back tomorrow night.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-24-2016

Hello Blue
Fall temps have arrived. 50s today.
I had my dental cleaning this morning so my tooth is good for another 6 months.
Road construction on the city streets is winding down so that helps. Of course the freeways and interstates are never done.
S.J.