The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-09-2016

Speechless this morning.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-09-2016

Morning. 53 degrees and cloudy. Off to a TV interview.

No, friend was here getting a degree in textiles. At that time Canada did not have a BS degree in textiles. He was a manger for Albany Felt.

Laughing all morning.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-09-2016

Good morning all, yes, it's over, no more negative ads and speeches, at least until the next election. Crazy I don't want to comment on the results, just that regardless of which way things went, we just need to accept what is and move on.

Just in case you want to know, Sheriff Joe, the "toughest sheriff in the world", can now sit back and enjoy retirement.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 11-09-2016

I was just going to look that up. How many felony charges does that guy have against him?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-09-2016

Mike Kieran Wrote:I was just going to look that up. How many felony charges does that guy have against him?
Surprisingly, none. Although Joe has a number of court cases to deal with, as far as I know, none are felonies. A recent article in the news said that if he is re-elected and had lost any or all of those cases brought on by the Feds, that he would still be able to stay in office.

Now that he's going to retire, maybe he'll take up MRR as a new hobby. Ya never know. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-10-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 43 this morning headed for a high of 66. Looks to be another beautiful day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. We've had a pretty good run of nice days and the long term forecast holds more of the same.

Been a quiet day around here. Not much planned for today either. Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-10-2016

Good morning all, temps have been going down a bit here, but still over normal. We're still in the high 80's for a while more, according to those that appear to know these things. No rain in the forecast, I guess we need to go to the car wash again. That's what we did last week and it rained the next day.... 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-10-2016

Morning. Fair and 50. Cooler today. Really chilly tonight. May have first freeze Sunday morning. Hope to get away to farms to hunt tomorrow afternoon. Hide from phone and Mayor things. Come back Saturday night. Got memorial service for Captain Byers at Veterans' Memorial tomorrow AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-11-2016

Morning all. Big screwed up day so far. Hope Capt. Byers' and Veterans' Day thingy goes better. Wifey slept upstairs so I would not wake her when I got up and got ready for news interview [6AM]. At 4:30 she comes in to wake me thinking it was 5:30 and I had over slept. She forgot to reset the clock up stairs in guest bedroom. Couldn't go back to sleep. [she did until 7:00] Get up and start getting ready. Cell rings. Reporter says producer has sent him to breaking news in Durham. What!!! And I agreed to do this just for you all. So watch the news. Nothing on all three major channels. Finally on that channel. 18 wheeler turned over on an off ramp. No traffic problem, nothing hazardous and driver not injured. Other channels covering with traffic camera. Am I mad? They will get no more interviews from me. I will not be available. Even worse, that station did not list the many Veterans' Day events. Other two did including a nice one on our honoring Capt. Byers. That station has always had a reputation of being unprofessional. Also, a lot of black screens as someone forgets to "flip the switch".

Hope all are doing well today. Special salute to my fellow Veterans.

Smile, it has to get better.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-11-2016

Thank you veterans, past and present.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-11-2016

Good morning to you all, and a very pleasant Veteran's Day to all that have served, regardless of your country. Around here, as probably everywhere else, there are a lot of restaurants celebrating this day by giving Vets a free meal. I was going to look for my DD250 and head out to Denny's, but decided it would be too crowded. We passed it by on the way to another place, and the parking lot was indeed full at 6:30. We looked at the Golden Corral parking lot on our way back from shopping, and it was also full. No need to check the others, just glad that there are vets taking advantage of their generosity of providing a free meal in appreciation. The ones that I question though are the, "a free slice of pie for vets today". Just wonder if they expect the vet to buy something else to eat while they're there, thereby getting something back in return Curse .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store. 44 right now headed for the upper 50s.

Not a good day yesterday. Got a call from my son. Now there's a spot on his lung and another (possibly inoperable) spot in his neck. Biopsy next Wed. and we'll get the results on the following Tuesday, the 22nd.

I figure I'm going to heaven because the last 2 1/2 years have been hell on earth.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-14-2016

Where the heck is everyone?????? Hope all are OK. Sunny and chilly 59 degrees. Had a little rain last night.

Hunting was OK. Saw deer and one nice buck but he was passing by and didn't stop for me to take a shot. Skeeters were still around. Think yesterday's freeze [first of the year] will cut them back.

Goofing off but doing house chores. Did catch up on most of my DVR'd shows while I was gone.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-14-2016

Good morning, I'm still here, just that I don't always have something to say. The weather is getting chilly here but still in the 80's and a bit windy. Getting ready for Thanksgiving, bought a turkey and will stay at home, just me and Peggy again this year. We're past the age and stamina to host a family dinner like we've done in past years. I too hope everyone else is OK and just too busy to post.... Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-14-2016

I am here too
A death in the family and our club meet Saturday evening has kept me busy,
The weather has been nice for November here. Sun and 50s most every day.
One night it did go down to 30.
I bought one of Lionel's sound box cars, not the sounds I was expecting but I like it.
The sounds are like a car being shifted in a freight yard more than running on the main.
S.J.