The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-17-2017

Good morning, yup, the prognosticators were right, we got rain, it was sprinkling on and off around 6:00, and continued to do so all the way past 7:30, then the sun came out and the clouds went where clouds go and everything dried up fairly quickly after that... Gotta water the plants, even the cacti are beginning to wilt.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-17-2017

faraway Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:....., I told her to do the math,....

On our first cross country drive my wife and i checked in a hotel at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I remembered the north and south rim have different times zones and I asked for the local time and the time zone. I add "the local time in New York is xx:yy o'clock" (because I forgot to adjust my wrist watch since we started in NY).

Her nice answer: "I don't know, I have never bin to New York"

I learned to much information confuses some people :o
On the subject of this sort of thing:

About 10 years ago:
A local asbestos abatement company donated their extra bags to our company for our groundskeepers to use for trash. About 2000 in all.
The bags were stamped "CONTAINS ASBESTOS". We figured, if we turn them inside out then they should be fine for trash disposal.

Well, after we were using them for a few weeks, the bean counters gave the "Cease and Desist" order because the bags themselves could be construed as having asbestos, that is, the bags could be taken as being manufactured with one of the ingredients being asbestos. If someone found a broken bag in the landfill where the commercial garbage employees dumped their trucks and they saw the stamp on the inside of a torn bag, there could be a bunch of trouble.

So, a bunch of us got free bags from the donating company and used them at home in our personal trash that went to an incinerator. But there were a few employees that took it to mean the bags had asbestos in the plastic Sad Sad Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-18-2017

Good morning all and the start of a great week. We are down the the last few days before Christmas, and we actually heard a Christmas carol on the radio. They have been playing a continuous bunch of "Christmas songs", but not a single carol. Yesterday was different, maybe because it was Sunday, or maybe a change of heart. Nonetheless, they did follow it with Mariah yelling something about, all she wanted was you for Christmas.... My ears are still ringing...

Yet another story about a clerk not being the brightest light on the string. We went to Burger King with a coupon, "Buy one, get one free". I handed it to her and also ordered other stuff. I thought the bill was a bit high, but I paid. I checked the receipt and was charged $6.00 for the two burgers. I told her that I gave her a BOGO coupon and she responded that they had a sale, two burgers for $6.00 and that was the price. When I asked her how much was one she didn't know so she called the manager who said one was $3.49. The clerk just had a blank look on her face, not understanding the whole concept, I guess there wasn't a BOGO button on the register. Anyway, the manager did give me back the difference, but without any apology.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-18-2017

Morning. 46 degrees and warming fast. Windows 10 major update had really made some screw-ups. Chores today. Mayors' Christmas party tonight. DAZ, ding a ling. OH, says snow might get way down your way for Christmas. :o Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 12-19-2017

I have trouble with a molar tooth since some time. It got worse and I was afraid to get critical pain over Christmas or new year holidays.

Called my dentist today, got an appointment 10 minutes later, two shots in the jaw and the tooth was extracted in less than 5 seconds.
That is the perfect dentist Christmas story Smile

The wound will be fine for Christmas buffet on Monday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-19-2017

Hello Blue
Just passing through.
Sun and near 50 today, most of the snow is gone. None expected in the near future.
A nice train show Sunday, unusual but most had prices to sell. I found some passenger cars that I had been looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-19-2017

Greetings,gang.

Bright sun and 45 degrees this afternoon in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. That should be about the high for today but I'll take anything above that.

Lady friend just left for home. Will see her again in about three weeks. Not much other news. This afternoon I'll be getting the snow blower ready for winter. Our friends at the National Weather Service are predicting rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow for Thursday with much colder temperatures through Christmas. High for Christmas Day is predicted to be 9.

Reinhard - good deal with the dentist. Around here it takes a couple of weeks to get to the dentist and then there are a battery of tests to make sure that a.) the tooth really needs to come out, b.) you are not allergic to any medication they may administer, and c.) you have adequate insurance or other means to pay.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-20-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 with a predicted high near 40 today.

A productive afternoon occurred yesterday. I got the snow blower lubed, changed the oil, and test fired it. Started on the first pull. After that I flew the drone for the first time. It works well when one follows the directions for start-up. I'll be playing with it more this afternoon.

Also on the agenda for today is a grocery run and hopefully enough motivation for a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-20-2017

Rainy good morning to all. Nice slow rain. Really messes up plans for this week but will take it. Warm now but cooling later. Messy weekend and Christmas forecasted. Been busy last few days. Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-20-2017

Good morning, a bit cool out by our standards. High temps now in the high 60's, lows getting down into the 30's in some areas. I'm not counting up in northern Arizona where snow and single-digit temps are the norm. Went to the Post Office the other day, it took about ten minutes to get into and out of the parking lot. No spaces available so we just drove through and went back home....

Good luck to all of you who haven't finished their Christmas shopping.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-21-2017

Good morning all, getting down there temp wise, yesterday's high only got to 70 and next few days shouldn't get over the mid to high 50's. We seem to go from one extreme to the other, record highs followed by well below average. Christmas Day is suppose to be in the high 60's though, and no snow for those kids that want to try out their new bikes and skateboards....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-21-2017

Evening all. Had busy day. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-21-2017

On our Village web site today:

It's winter in Canada
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
'Cos I'm frozen to the ground!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2017

Very cleaver David, just so you know though, a lot of your fellow Canadians got loose before the ice set in. This is how they get to feel even though we're in the middle of a "cold snap":

It's winter in Arizona
And the gentle breezes blow
Just two miles an hour
And not a sign of snow.

Oh, how I love Arizona
Where the sun shines bright
You take a breath of winter
And keep the A/C on all night.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Arizona
'Cos that’s where all the sunshine is found

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 18 with a high expected to be about 28 and maybe some clearing skies later this afternoon.

Busy day yesterday. Had to be at the hospital at 7:30 yesterday morning. Grandson was having dental surgery (5 teeth pulled) and everyone else was busy so it was call out the reserves time. As is typical with today's anesthetics he was somewhat silly afterwards bu no blackmail videos were made.

On tap for today is snow shoveling. Picked up about an inch for the season's first snowfall. Not enough to use the snow blower. Then a trip to the gym and after that who knows.

Not going to even attempt to to match the literary skills demonstrated above. Nice work, guys.

All stay safe.

Tom