The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-18-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have some sun and a kool breeze. 70s for the day.
Sunday was a lazy one and today will be some small chores around the house with a nap thrown in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-18-2014

Good morning. 84° with 78% humidity. Lots of clouds and a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. 95° will be the high.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2014

Well, according to the TV news this morning, we here in Surprise got the brunt of the storm last night. "Flooding in Surprise and Sun City West" says the reporter as she stands in the middle of a street somewhere near us. We haven't been out and about yet so we don't know just how much we got, but it's clear and drying up in our neighborhood.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-18-2014

Never gave much thought to how peaceful life can be........ Wink
Four Daughters, Four sons-in-law, and Seven Grandchildren later ....... Confusedhock: :o :? Eek Still, it was good to have them all in one place for a few short days. Nerves are almost settled enough now, to get back to modelbuilding Wink

Lines drawing for the "Tern" are done, now it's time to begin lofting the frames. Because this will be a waterline model, that chore will be greatly simplified. Cutting, shaping, and laying in the deck beams will be no different, and is always a "finicky bit" to get done properly. The hull planking, and the deck are much easier to do, than the framing.

Trainfest is in November, not a whole lot of time to get things done. I'll be happy to reach the point where all the standing rigging is in place. ( the running rigging is a whole other issue ).

"Another day older and deeper in - - -" :o unfinished projects. Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-18-2014

Looks like no star gazing again tonight! We have a big nasty storm moving through and it thinks it's here to stay. Tomorrow night doesn't look much better. However should I get the chance the best time for a sighting would be RA:15h 16m 11s DEC:-19°, 53' 7". I'm gonna be a bit tied up with appointments for the coming seven days. On 8/21 I have to go see my foot doc in Oakdale on a 2pm appointment. On 8/26 I have an appointment with my primary doc in the morning. On 8/27 I'll be at the local hospital getting my gall bladder removed.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012720.jpg]

[Image: P1012685.jpg]

[Image: P1012669.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun, low 80s and storms expected later.
No set plans for today but the calender pages are turning fast.
Gonna get out and do something. Hmm maybe sit on the porch till the rain comes. Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-19-2014

Good morning everyone, and a wet one indeed for here. I don't think I've ever seen the rain fall as heavy as it did for as long as it did. I'm guessing that we got about an inch and a half or more of rain in about an hour's time. The TV news turned into one continuous weather and traffic report since the storm started here in the west side and headed east. Humidity right now is 100%, rare for us when it's usually below 10%. I just got an alert from the Weather Channel saying that there is a valley wide flood alert issued by the county. Interesting though is that the Weather Channel forecast shows "light rain" for today. 357 And if you want to know, I'm not complaining, we really need the rainfall and every bit helps. Smile

Have a great day. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-19-2014

afternoon all not a lot going on here today. need to take wife to pick-up her glasses and then a little food shopping. and that's it. wife is just starting lol so it will be about another 2 hrs before we get going.

Well that just changed told her we will go tomorrow and you need to get up and in gear so now just staying home just as well as the idiots can't drive here on a good day and now its raining so makes it even worst.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-19-2014

Went to the courthouse today to turn in my release from jury duty that I got from my doc this morning. The reasons he listed are just the tip of the iceberg but should prove to be sufficient. I went first to the old courthouse which has been there since 1910 then had to go across the street to the new courthouse which has been there since the late 90's. By the time I got to the second floor I was wiped out. There I turned the aforementioned document over to the judges secretary then made my retreat. I had parked behind the post office, not even a quarter mile away. Getting back there took about forty-five minutes. By then I was well and truly hurting and was more than happy to be on my way back home. Nothing else planned until Thursday when I have to go to Oakdale.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-19-2014

Looks like no star gazing tonight. We have big lines of thunderstorms coming in from Texas and they really got things jumping here. May get a chance tomorrow night.

Calling it a night early due to storm activity. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6451.jpg]

[Image: P1012692.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6751.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-19-2014

Evening all. Spent a hot humid day at the farm. TIRED!!! New feeder up and running. Deer and turkeys on cameras. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-20-2014

Good morning all. Nice a quiet here today, but boy, what a day yesterday. We asked for rain and boy howdy, we got it. The area just to the north of us got over 4", we got around 1 1/2" in the morning, and some more later on in the evening. Washes, creeks and rivers that are normally dry overflowed their banks closing roads including some freeways and they stopped traffic at the airport for two hours as well. Strange because usually flights going elsewhere are usually diverted to Phoenix, now they were diverting Phoenix flight to land somewhere else. The TV coverage went on for hours showing many water rescues that included getting people out of cars and there was this one house washed away and held in place by a tree, and they had to drop a rescue team on the roof to get the people out. There are still roads just to the south of us that are closed because of flooding and some major closures and cleanups of roads to the north. The Weather Channel shows no sign of rain today, but the TV people say differently.

That's it folks, the storm yesterday is the most exciting thing to happen here in a while. Things get pretty dull around here in the summer. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have gray skies and everything feels damp.
Finally..A Lionel shipment is expected at the store soon, but my friend does not know what will be in it.
A chat with some of the guys last night took me right to bedtime.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-20-2014

Good morning. 81°f, 64%h, high: 95°. No plans for today. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Oakdale.

See y'all later .
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

[Image: P1012660.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-20-2014

Radar shows a nasty storm front coming up from the south. It sounds pretty nasty too.

Be back later.