The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-11-2014

Morning all. Early out this AM. Dr. put implants in right hip. Got to ice all day or will look like I was hit by baseball bat.

9-11 luncheon.

Still tired. Going to be lazy today.

No rain!!! Sun is out. Tomorrow, another story. One says scattered showers in morning. Another says late afternoon. ?????

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-11-2014

September 11th. I don't think I'll ever forget that day. I was busy running my paper route. Two hundred miles a day, five days a week. I was about halfway through it. Listening to NPR Morning Edition as was usual for me. They had special report come up which was unusual for NPR. It stated that a small plane had hit the World Trade Center. A little while later it was changed to state that the plane was an airliner. Not long after that a report came through that the second tower had been hit by another airliner and that the Pentagon had also been hit. I went on about my business until I got to Burr Ferry. Stopped at Peavy's store. He had his TV on CNN where by that time the reporter was getting hoarse. We both watched as the towers fell. Since that day I haven't logged even as much as an inch in the air in anything bigger than a single engine Cessna.

It's 82° with 86% humidity. The high will be 95° with a small chance of thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Gotta go see the cardiologist this morning then call the hospital to reschedule my foot surgery. Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: P1010061.jpg]

[Image: P1010385.jpg]

[Image: P1010357.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-11-2014

Lots of rain, lightning and thunder today and to top it off I got smacked by a train. No kidding! A close lightning strike knocked two Bachmann GP7's off the display rack. One hit my right arm and the other landed on my head. I don't care what anyone says, those babies are heavy!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-12-2014

Up early. Off to the east to sow the last food plots. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-12-2014

Good morning. It's 76° with 96% humidity. The high will be 90° with a slightly better than fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond60.jpg]

Feel better today. My headache from yesterday's bonk on the head by a Bachamnn GP7 is gone. Now just waiting on my Home Health nurse to call. Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: P1010329.jpg]

[Image: P1010314.jpg]

[Image: P1010309.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-12-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cold, and rainy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 43 with an expected high today only in the low 50s.

No major plans for today other than a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll be making a pot of chili and some cornbread for supper.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-12-2014

hi guys , nice and sunny here at Redcar UK , nice for September , had a walk down the beach the local fisher lads had plenty to sell from the boats - so its fish (cod) for evening meal . Will get some photos of the local fishing fleet posted .

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-12-2014

Yesterday we had intense thunderstorms and heavy rains. I also got popped on the head by a Bachmann GP7 (14.6 ounces, Digitrax DCC) that fell off my display rack. Today is a carbon copy! EXCEPT! Today I got walloped by an Athearn remotored AHM C628. (14.8 ounces, Digitrax DCC).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-13-2014

Good morning all. I've been missing posting here for a few days. Been busy trying to get the house organized enough to be able to put it on the market. Our Realtor sent a "stager" by the other day and she piled a lot of work on us. "Move that over there, put those things in the storage". She wants our home to look like a model, and I guess they know what they're talking about and why they get those big bucks.

Anyway, one of the first things we had to do was to make my train room back into a bedroom. :cry: Sadly, I chose to just remove all the structures and take the rest to the city landfill. I did manage to save some turnouts, but nothing else. Don't feel bad, the biggest enjoyment I get in model railroading is building things. I now have a clean slate and a fresh start wherever we wind up living. No, we haven't a clue where we plan on going, or what kind of house we'll have, just that it'll be a good deal smaller than what we're in now, meaning my space allotment for a layout will also be downsized.

We will be busy for the foreseeable future, but I'll be here as often as I can. We do take frequent breaks, more than we used to, but that comes with age. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 09-13-2014

Bit cloudy here this morning, but the sun does get to peek through here and there. Off to Union Grove, Wi. again this morning. The annual train show, at the fairgrounds there is going well. So far no major problems. Today and Tomorrow are the last two days, and being the week end, there should be a lot more visitors than there were yesterday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-13-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and drizzly. 60% chance of rain.

Came home last night to discover feet and legs looked horrible. Dark red under the skin rashes. Probably from reaction to an antibiotic I'm taking.

Rolesville Chamber has its big bar-b-q cook off today. 70 entries. Pork and chicken. I am a judge. Also do the children's train driving routine all day. Mayors never get sick. [legs and feet still look horrible and had head sweats all night].

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-13-2014

Good morning. It's 62° with 100% humidity. The high will be 78° with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

No sign-off post last night. Sorry about that. I was busy fixing the C628. Hitting my head was a bit more than the motor could take and it broke loose from it's mounting. I had to mix some epoxy and secure it back in place and put the drive shafts back in place. Then I moved the heavier locos to the BACK of the display rack. Athearn F units and Atlas FP7's mostly.

No plans for today.

[Image: P1012731.jpg]

[Image: P1012704.jpg]

[Image: P1012692.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-13-2014

Good evening. Compared to the last two days it's been dry and quiet. It's 70° with 72% humidity. Cloudy.

The lightning strikes of the last two days blasted two trees in my yard, both less than ten feet from my trailer. One is already felled and gone thanks to one of the neighbors. I look for the other one to be gone within the coming week.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010733.jpg]

[Image: P1010708.jpg]

[Image: P1010675.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6421.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-14-2014

Morning. Sunny, breezy and cooler. LOW humidity.

Rash or whatever is still the same. No pain or itch. All under the skin. Dr's practice was at the bar-b-q cook off. She looked at it and said reaction. Go home, take off shoes, take off socks and put feet up. 3 1/2 hours later, I did. Actually cut my tour of duty off an hour earlier.

As a judge: paced myself as a lot more entries in the contest.

10 plates of ribs

10 plates whole hog [chunks]

10 plates of pork [the normal eastern NC finely chopped]

8 plates of chicken.

Was about to die. Plop plop fizz fizz. We all drank three sodas [help relieve] and water during the judging. 1 hour 15 minutes. Already told them they need two sets of judges next time. Split up the "judging".

Then I had to drive the train for 3 1/2 hours.

[Image: ry%3D400]

As you can see, the tummy is over full.

Resting today.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-14-2014

Good morning. It's 61° with 100% humidity. The high will be 82° and cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Not much happening here. I've been watching some TV programs that I had recorded on the DVR. Next I'll be starting the //e and I may play a game or two later. Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: DSCN2335.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2328.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2319.jpg]