The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-12-2014

Hello Blue
Sun and 57 degrees.
We had our monthly club meet last night. A good video can be found on that other popular forum.(detroit3railers)or on the club website.
A quick run through of today's train show left me with nothing new.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-12-2014

I was curious as to what post RB meant at the Diner....

I googled the MR forum with Elliots Diner and found this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/238909.aspx">http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/238909.aspx</a><!-- m -->

I also saw Jeffrey's "post" there:

left leg is gone. Both legs are now stumps below the knees.

Sending Prayers to Jeffrey!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-12-2014

Thanks for that update. I followed that thread and by golly, Jeff has a whole bunch of people all over that are behind him. He's had far more problems than any one person should have to endure and he continues to bounce back. Our prayers and hopes are with him that he can continue on the same way.

The best to you Jeff, and we hope for a quick and uneventful recovery.... Keep us posted as best you can.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-12-2014

Looks like I might be getting out of here tomorrow sometime between 8 and 8.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-12-2014

RB, take care of yourself. I'll include you in my prayers and pray for a full recovery.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-12-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Looks like I might be getting out of here tomorrow sometime between 8 and 8.

Wow, that's a lot quicker than the last time. Stay strong, we're all pulling for you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-13-2014

Good early morning all.

No excitement today just relaxing after a hard nights work.

Found a Cadillac Deville 1999 with 65,000 miles on it. Looks clean inside and out. The only thing that stands out is a minor scuff mark on the rear drivers side fender and the 65,000 miles. Green metallic paint with white top and white leather seats and interior. Starts up nice and quite. Tempted but the 2 vehicles I already have are paid off.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-13-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 with rain promised for today and tonight.

Yesterday after family left I got the leaves cleaned up and the yard mowed. On tap for today are a number of small chores. Get the tires rotated, paint some storm windows, do some laundry, etc.

AF - that;s not bad mileage for a '99. I have an '08 and it has about 62,000. I think the average is about 12,000 miles per year so the mileage is actually fairly low.

RB - glad to hear you're getting released.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-13-2014

good to here from RB again . The prayers must be working .

its back to autumn weather over here , but its dry , and the area is full of leaves , good job the drain covers went back on last week and during the summer put some net over the house guttering (comes in a kit) , so hope it wont need clearing - let the wind do its job Smile

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-13-2014

Morning all. Had health assessment nurse come for her visit. She actually knew us. No need to come back for 12 months. Humana Enhanced thingy.

Meetings and Dr's follow up today.

Was suppose to be misting rain all day like yesterday [which wasn't suppose to happen]. Sun is out right now and has been since sun rise. ???

RB, get well.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-13-2014

Good morning everyone, and a happy Columbus Day to all in the US of A. Well, some states have changed the name to such things as, "Founder's Day", but the meaning is still there regardless.

A bit chilly today, we went to breakfast and it was 61 and breezy. Highs for the next ten days are in the high 80's to low 90's. Typical for this time of the year. We are starting to see a parade of large motor homes, usually pulling a small car or pickup truck with bikes strapped to the back. It must be getting cold back home where they are coming from. The flight of the snowbirds has started.... I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, it just means longer lines at the stores and Post Office and up close store parking is out of the question, at least until spring. We won't even discuss the increase in the traffic... Nope

RB, get better real quickly, you have lots of friends pulling and praying for you. It's amazing how resilient you are. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cn nutbar - 10-13-2014

Quote:RB, get better real quickly, you have lots of friends pulling and praying for you. It's amazing how resilient you are. Thumbsup

You're a real trooper Jeff,stay positive

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-13-2014

Getting out of here today. Going to Leesville Rehab hospital and staying there as long as I can.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-13-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Getting out of here today. Going to Leesville Rehab hospital and staying there as long as I can.

Good luck and a fast recovery there. Isn't that where you went the last time?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-13-2014

RB,

Get well and recover soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiat fan,

Been on the look out for a better mode of transportation as parents not able to drive as well lately, they can not fit in my Trans Am and they have trouble climbing into the truck(crew cab). At the moment I am driving them around in mom's Grand am which is a nice car but if you are over 6 foot like I am the windshield and roof comes together right about at my eye level Curse and the top of my head touches the roof. The grand am is a great car it is just too small for me Icon_lol They also have an 84 ford conversion van with dual tanks for extra long trips been in storage for quite some time needs new battery and a tune up but other than that is in good shape but they would have the same problem as with my truck. Transportation is an issue but we can limp along as is a little longer as there are more pressing things to take care of at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No trains today I have to swap out a bnathroom sink vanity and fawcet fior parents.