The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-22-2014

Morning all. Home for few. Chilly. Enjoyed Gettysburg, visit to restaurant in York and mainly good to see some of the CTT gang. Resting up today. Meetings tomorrow. May go back to deer camp Friday and come back Sat. Bucks beginning to chase does. Rut just getting started. Saw lots of deer but none I wanted to shoot.

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-22-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 headed for cloudy and 65. Rains moves in tonight for an overnight visit. Gone tomorrow with a warming trend for the weekend.

Yesterday we had our latest round of chemo with a new drug. Don't now yet if it's working but so far there are minimal side effects. On tap for today is another assault on the yard. I need to pick up the leaves again. After that I will be running the edger around the sidewalks. Need to reclaim the sidewalk from the grass. It also makes the task or running the snow blower easier.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-22-2014

Tablet battery is OK. Been busy with physical therapy. Made five steps between the parallel bars today. I know that doesn't sound like much but for someone with no legs it's a great accomplishment! Unfortunately dinner tonight wasn't that great. It was pattetable but where I come from road kill is road kill no matter how well it's prepared and spiced.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-22-2014

Keep up the progress RB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel pump died on my truck yesterday at the local hardware store, had to be towed from the store to the garage I use.

Got the truck back this evening so I should be good to go for work in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More misadventures in plumbing--Installed a new vanity/sink for parents house had to get a new elbow and trap because the old elbow was too short to meet up with trap on the drain of the new sink. I had to take a little bit off of the drain pipe and cut to length the elbow(the elbow was a 90 deg with one long side). Got the drain all hooked up and leak free so I next hooked up the hot and cold water to the faucet. Tightened the nuts cold water was fine but hot water was leaking due to misapplcated Teflon tape, so I turned off the hot water supply and had to re tape it so that was no problem. Started to clean up tools when I noticed a small puddle between the vanity and the toilet, double checked the new install was not the sink but some how the water tank on the toilet was leaking around the bolts holding tank to seat. I thought easy fix remove the bolts and install new rubber washers, nope bolts which are brass were not budging and the slots on the bolt heads were getting chewed up. Not one to give up easily I got the bright Idea to use a hacksaw blade less the handle and cut the bolts out about 20min. later had the bolts out and like I thought the rubber washers were almost rotted away so I went to the hardware store to get some new bolts and washers, found a kit with every thing I need for under $5.00 I was thinking I will be done before lunch and that is when the truck decided to have a bad fuel pump, For the record I hate plumbing as it is always a big hassle.

Well good night all have to work 1st shift tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 10-23-2014

Might be of interest for running bear. An Apple I has be sold in an auction in NYC for $905,000 !!!! The German news magazine "Spiegel" has five photos of that very old machine
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/apple-i-ein-computer-als-versuchsanordnung-fotostrecke-120349.html

ps. This TK-80 was my very first computer.
http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=405
I built a lot of hardware and software extension. Got a keyboard and screen and two Philips digital cassette units. The last extension was a 5" floppy controller and CP/M as an operating system.
Programmed my own text editor and assembler in machine language to proceed with assembler. Had to rework my text editor and assembler to run under CP/M. It was a great time where you had to know each bit, wire and chip Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-23-2014

Morning all. Chilly so coffee is hot. Off to early Humans Services Board meeting in Raleigh. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sunny 45 degrees.
No train news, got some little chores to do and then a nap.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-23-2014

Dinner was OK. Honey glazed chicken. Sliced carrots. Buttered egg noodles. White bread. 2% milk.
Made fifteen feet on a walker today. Doesn't seem like much but it's a big issue to me. I'm being transferred to a care facility in Rosepine Tuesday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-23-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Dinner was OK. Honey glazed chicken. Sliced carrots. Buttered egg noodles. White bread. 2% milk.
Made fifteen feet on a walker today. Doesn't seem like much but it's a big issue to me. I'm being transferred to a care facility in Rosepine Tuesday.

Most any progress that is worthwhile, is made one step at a time.... Keep it up....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-24-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy and chilly. Headed to the farms to hunt later this afternoon. Back tomorrow night.
RB, sounds like you are progressing. Food good. Prayers.
All have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 10-24-2014

hi gang , RB its great to here you are up and about - remember a Apple a day keeps the doctor away !

it raining here so the out side painting the porch has come to a halt - but the inside bits have been done , SWIMBO wanted a tidy up for the folks visiting over the xmas holiday (it'll give the paint time to dry Thumbsup ) , also its school half term next week so no doubt the grand kids will be visiting ....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-24-2014

Good morning everyone, here we are heading into yet another weekend. Just one week away from Halloween. Scary, isn't it? Where the heck did this year go?

Yup, nearly Halloween and we're going to be in the mid-90's for the next few days pushing on the records, that is, of course, depending on who you listen to. I just found this in today's Beetle Bailey comic strip, which again, tells me I'm not alone in my opinions about those weather people.

[Image: content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2Z...c2MC5naWY=]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-24-2014

Good morning all.

No major problems here to deal with so far.

Truck is back in good operating order.

Got the Latest NMRA mag. and CTT, was surprised to see S and American Flyer O gauge in the issues 2285_
In the NMRA issue was a conversion of Bachmann On30 climax to S standard gauge. And there was both S and American Flyer O gauge in CTT. Thumbsup

Nice sunny cool October day.

Before the Lord of the rings movies came out I would read the books about mid September and finish by early November, but the movies ruined the books cause now if I read the books I lost my imagination and see scenes from the DVDs Confusedhock: Nope The movies are good but some things should be left the way they are.

May play with the 3D printer today or work on tidying up work area so I can get some progress done on the summer challenge project and the oldy moldy On30 kitbashing.

I will post any progress I make later today, have a good Friday all.

Well here is what I got done so far,

next 3 pics are a test fit to see how the coal tower and water tower look on the current layout.

Did not get much cleaning up done but did throw out some trash so I can clean-organize the work shop area, here is the current state of disarray.