The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-12-2014

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 37 which is supposed to be our overnight low. High for tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 40s.

Had a good day today. The physical therapist was here today and supervised My Fair Lady going up and down the stairs twice. This is his last visit. All goals have been accomplished. We will still take the walker when we go out and about but around the house she will be free wheelin' it. Also today i got myself signed up for supplemental insurance for Medicare. In the past it had been provided for retirees by my last employer.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-13-2014

Morning. Off to Nephew's [diesel, big truck and equipment mechanic] to put replace axle bearing and hub in rear of 4 Runner.

Sunny and chilly but stayed above freezing. High 50's today.

Nutcracker Ballet tonight.

Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-13-2014

Good morning all. Yes, we did get rain last night and this morning, quite a bit too. This is the remnants of what hit California the past few days. They showed pictures of houses up to their rooftops in mud, and the insides had a good five feet of mud. That's just one of the reasons we moved out of SoCal a very long time ago. Today's forecast for here is kind of like a moving target, I've seen everything from 0% to 90% chance of rain, but right now it's starting to dry out already. Speaking of moving targets, we did postpone our target shoot until next Saturday, but guess what?, the forecast calls for a 20% chance of rain that day :cry: ..... And before you ask, we will not go to one of those indoor ranges. We'd rather wait and drive out 50+ miles when it's not raining, then do that. Too regimented just shooting at a paper target and shooting next to a bunch of strangers. Call us overly cautious if you want, but that's how we choose to do things. 2285_ Shoot

Have a great weekend.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have the usual cloudy skies and a temp of 37 degrees.
Our club meeting is tonight, until then I will just goof off.
Happy Friday the 13th
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 12-13-2014

Saturday afternoon in the Far North suburbs of Chicago, in the "Land of Lincoln" . . .
The sky is a "featureless gray". Kind of like a "Green Screen" but Gray. A good day to start the "serious research" on the next "Harbor" project, a Plank-on-Frame, 1:87 scale model of a Three Mast Schooner.
Tonight I'm "getting the -------- out of here", and going to a dinner at one of the area Hotels. The walls of this place are "closing in on me" :o Wink Icon_lol I need a "change of scene" Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 56. Rain is supposed to move in overnight then by tomorrow night the temps will drop and snow will return.

Not much going on this morning. I've been to Walmart to pick up some supplies and up next is attic cleaning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 12-14-2014

Got back home early this morning. As I walked into the house, the first thing I saw was the digital clock on the microwave....
Interestingly it was showing 1:23 Wink Icon_twisted 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Got back home early this morning. As I walked into the house, the first thing I saw was the digital clock on the microwave....
Interestingly it was showing 1:23 Wink Icon_twisted 357

For some reason, it's 11:11 on our clocks that we notice more often than not.

Good morning, almost noon here and it's a nice sunny day. A bit cool, no rain, but a pollution advisory in affect. Usually that means no wood-burning fires anywhere in the county. This morning was very damp thanks to the heavy rain. More in store for Wed and Thurs, but clear by the weekend, that's when we're going to try to go target shooting again. The area we go to is about a half-mile off the highway, it's not maintained, full of ruts and probably right now, mud. :o I'm hoping it dries out by Saturday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2014

Just in case you missed it, I posted a thread about Jeff here: http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8017.

It does not sound good, he is in our prayers as he has been for a lot of folks here and on other forums. If anyone has more updated info, please let us know what's going on.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-14-2014

Hello Blue
Last year on this date we had almost 8 inches of snow outside.
I am happy to say today the grass is green and we had a high temp of 53.
Way above average but I'll take it.
Our club meet last night was well attended and our host has a super nice 3r layout.
Today was a rest day, nap, Lions game and Columbo for dessert.. Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Gumpoleon - 12-15-2014

Evening Gang, (It's 8pm here)

Reading about RB leaves a strange empty feeling Nope

Wishes for a grand day for you all

Martin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-15-2014

I'm sorry to be barer of bad news guys but on MR forum they posted by Maddog ( one of the moderator's ) that Jeffery Running Bear Past away this am. He is now drive ole 97 in the sky. train

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-15-2014

Sorry to read that RT. The way he was getting chopped up I would want to pass.
RIP Jeff.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 12-15-2014

I am very saddened to hear of Jeff's passing. I never met him in person, but I feel like I have gotten to know him through his many posts on forums. I will keep him, his family, and friends in my prayers. Rest in peace Jeffery.

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

My Fair Lady and I are saddened by the passing of RB. Our prayers go out to his family.

Cloudy, windy and 21 degrees this morning. Our temperature at this time yesterday morning was 50.

Yesterday we had our first chemo here in town. We were done and home again in less time than it took to drive to Ames and back. It almost seems like we never went. The remainder of the day was spent wrapping presents and some grocery shopping.

Today's agenda will include laundry and continued preparations for the approaching holidays.

All stay safe.

Tom