The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-16-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 at the moment with a predicted high of 86 but that's not going to last. By Sunday the high is only supposed to be 62. Rain predicted for later today through Sunday evening.

By yesterday afternoon I was feeling well enough that i got in a 10 mile bike ride. Today I need to look at the dehumidifier. Runs a lot but doesn't seem to do much. It's several years old so if a coil cleaning doesn't do the trick it's time for a new one

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-16-2019

Hello Blue
We finally got some Michigan spring weather in the 70s.
Thanks to some sunshine things are drying up a bit.
No train news except our club meet Saturday evening.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-16-2019

Speaking of getting to 100, this Hobo Camp Fire is now at 100 pages.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Soggy and cool are the weather words for today. The rain has stopped for the moment but there's more on the way. I have an inch in the official rain gauge for the word so far and it's 59 degrees outside. High for today is supposed to be about 70. Rain is predicted through next Tuesday evening.

Didn't get the dehumidifier looked at yesterday but I did get in a bike ride and also repaired a heavy duty extension cord in the garage. I'll work on the dehumidifier this afternoon. Off to the gym this morning. May need to do some grocery shopping afterwards.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-17-2019

Good Friday morning to ya all. To quote that TV lady, "temperatures are going to plummet into the 80's". Yes, "plummet" she said, a bit cooler yes, close to freezing, not quite.... Temps on Monday are suppose to be in the 70's, which is good since we're headed out to the desert to do some target shooting. 2285_

Remember, we have an auction of a N scale Big Blue anniversary car going, it just started, and it's the first of a few surprises that we have in store, but we're asking for your support for these forums and are willing to give something back in return... The auction is right HERE with all its features and flaws, regardless, we are hoping that it will be a keepsake and a way of helping us to maintain Big Blue.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-18-2019

Greetings, gang.

Weather roller coaster in store for me. 60 now headed for 80. The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 52.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday but I drove past it on the way to the grocery store. Took the dehumidifier apart and the coils were sparkly clean (I cleaned the filter regularly like a good boy) so I took it to the junk yard and bought a new one. Of course the drain fitting is different so I'll need to go back but also need some other stuff so not a wasted trip.

This morning I'm headed to great-grandkids soccer games. I'll be gone most of the morning. This afternoon if the rain holds off I'll get the yard mowed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-18-2019

Just back from Town's summer camp building.  Garden Club building raised beds to teach gardening this summer at Town's summer camp. large independent Baptist Church in town came and helped. Really helped. Mostly young couples with kids. Kids played and never misbehaved. Great to see.

101 on weather station [in sun right now].

Garden to plant. all fixed up and ready [finally]. Tomatoes in raised beds in front of Train Box 5' tall with tomatoes.
Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-18-2019

G'day to ya all. Sunny, breezy and reasonably warm. Temps will not "plummet" too much below 90 until Monday when it will be nice enough to go target shooting once again. Looks like we're in the 70's and 80's for at least the end of this coming week. We'll take what we can get....

Have a great weekend...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-19-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy with a light sprinkle and 51 degrees which is going to be the high for today after a high yesterday of 80. Got about 3/4 inch of rain overnight.

Busy day yesterday. After the soccer games yesterday morning I went to Menards and got the fitting I needed to hook the dehumidfiier up to the floor drain. Got that done, mowed the yard, and went for a bike ride. Busy day. Also managed to lightly singe the top of my head. Every spring I manage to sunburn my head. I forget there's no protective layer of hair up there.

Right now I'm waiting for the arrival of the paper so I can have breakfast. Nothing planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-19-2019

Good morning all, really nice weather here, unlike some that I see happening in the middle of the country. Prayers for those dodging floods and tornadoes.

Tom, with our humidity frequently in the single digits, I doubt that you could find a dehumidifier anywhere in the area. To be sure, there are still folks using swamp coolers that act as humidifiers to cool things down. We had one in our first house, and didn't know what a blessing A/C was until we had a house with it. Then again, there's those summer utility bills.

We thank Charlie for his generous bid on the N scale anniversary car, that doesn't mean he can't be outbid, so wander over to the auction and see how much you are willing to bid, there's still time to do so.... Welcome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-19-2019

Hot, dry [too much rain a few weeks ago] and humid.  Later, running Rain Bird on front yard as big oak dries out the grass.  Got a Safe Space fund raiser this evening [will be hot as outdoors].

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-20-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clearing and 39 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 59. Should be in the mid 70s by this time of year. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be in the upper 40s and rainy.

The only activity other than watching movies and eating yesterday was filling out a Menards rebate. Nothing on the agenda so far today other than a trip to the gym.

Don - I feel fortunate that I only have a dehumidifier. Most people around here have sump pumps.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2019

Good morning, the start of another workweek for a lot of folks, for some of us, just another day on the calendar to do what we wish. Well, we can if we don't have a bunch of appointments. It was cloudy and windy yesterday, a slight chance of rain today, but we're heading out to the desert to do some target shooting while temps as still well below normal. We don't hit 90 again until mid next week. I'm good with that, but it usually means an excessively hot and long summer. Not much more going on today, maybe I'll stop by the auction house to see how our anniversary car is doing....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-20-2019

don
the temps here are way below normal had 49 other day and I had left house open to cool down , big mistake calling for 50 tonight  .  heading to Tucson tomorrow for more appointments  at the VA .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2019

(05-20-2019, 11:43 AM)jim currie Wrote: don
the temps here are way below normal had 49 other day and I had left house open to cool down , big mistake calling for 50 tonight  .  heading to Tucson tomorrow for more appointments  at the VA .

Yeah, beautiful (chilly), day here too, was in the 50's early and not going past 75 later on. We usually go out past Buckeye (335 Ave. north of I10), to shoot, but my friend chose to go see his dentist instead, so I just stayed home and did a bit of woodworking.

Good luck with your appointments...