The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-21-2019

80 [already] and fair.  Chores interrupted by a lunch meeting that person insisted on late yesterday.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cold and windy with rain on the way. 51 when I got up and down to 47 right now. We could have winds up to 40 mph later along with another inch of rain by tomorrow morning.

Had a good workout at the gym yesterday but not much else accomplished. This morning I'm headed back to the gym for a swim and some walking. Tomorrow I'm headed to Des Moines to have the car looked at.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-21-2019

Good morning all, a ton of rain (1/4") on the east side, none here though. Temps still well below normal and into the 70's for the next few days. We will enjoy what we have because those triple-digits are not that far away.

Got some woodworking done yesterday, needed to finish while it's this cool. Sounds like Frank has it hotter than we do here in the desert.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-21-2019

seen the heart surgeon today and he said things are coming along fine, but he told me to keep taking it slow , said it could be another 4 to 6 weeks for me to be hitting on all 8 cylinders. Don when you go shooting what are you shooting ?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-22-2019

Greetings, gang.

56 and windy with clearing skies this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70. Another 3/4 inch of rain since yesterday afternoon.

Went to the gym yesterday and that's about all I got done. Today I'm headed to Des Moines for some minor car repairs. I'll also visit Harbor Freight and look for some new suits. I'm tempted to stop at the G scale dealer on the way home.

Jim - glad to recovery is going well.

I forgot to mention the other day that gas, which had been $2.48, jumped overnight to $2.64. Happened at every gas station in town but of course there's no price fixing or collusion.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2019

Good morning everyone, still going to be in the low to mid 70's today and tomorrow, better chance of rain as well. Normal for this time of the year is around 95.

Jim, we have an assortment of handguns, .22 and 9MM. I sold anything beyond that because it became too harsh to shoot. The same goes for rifles, I sold everything over .22, including my trap gun. We become too tender as we age. We shoot plastic bottle and paper targets. Easy to clean up after ourselves, unlike a lot of yahoos that shoot up furniture, glass and electronics, then leave their messes behind. We go about half way between you and I, so if you shoot, we might be able to meet someday. There's this great truck stop right off of I10 were we normally stop for breakfast before we set up to shoot. Glad to hear you passed the test and are on the mend.

Hey, anyone interested in the N scale auction, it's still on for a few weeks, but don't wait to the last minute, get your bids in early.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-22-2019

Morning.  74 and some clouds.  Will be fair skies soon.  Cooler day but heating back up tomorrow through the weekend.

Jim, keep mending.

Veterans' Fund Raiser luncheon.

Chores and gardening after that.  Garden plants are looking good.  One tomato is turning ripe.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-22-2019

Tom thanks , the only trouble recovery is going to slow I feel like a kid waiting to get my first drivers license. before surgery my energy level was zip but now its back waning to do something.

Don I sold off most of my weapons too  all I got left is the first 1911 I bought in 63 along with a 30-40 Kraig that I still have , also have a Remington A3-03 made in 43 along with a international harvester M1.haven't popped a cap in years. got one shotgun left a 1951  Browning Broadway prestation grade with both trap and skeet  barrels  , don't keep it at home though its in a weapon storage vault couldn't afford the insurance to keep it at home.

Chief Eagles how far are you from Alamance ?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 08:29 AM)jim currie Wrote: Tom thanks , the only trouble recovery is going to slow I feel like a kid waiting to get my first drivers license. before surgery my energy level was zip but now its back waning to do something.

Don I sold off most of my weapons too  all I got left is the first 1911 I bought in 63 along with a 30-40 Kraig that I still have , also have a Remington A3-03 made in 43 along with a international harvester M1.haven't popped a cap in years. got one shotgun left a 1951  Browning Broadway prestation grade with both trap and skeet  barrels  , don't keep it at home though its in a weapon storage vault couldn't afford the insurance to keep it at home.

Chief Eagles how far are you from Alamance ?
You're right about the insurance, I insured my trap gun many years ago and found that it was cheaper to buy a gun safe, so after one year, that's what I did. Insurance companies will not include guns in a homeowner policy without a rider. Big guns somehow get heavier and heavier every year to the point that they're hard to hold up and tend to get less and less accurate for the same reason, Icon_rolleyes that's why most of what I have left are .22's. Got rid of my M44 and my trap gun before my shoulder ripped apart and my .357 before I snapped a wrist. Getting old sucks at times, but thank god for cortisone....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-22-2019

Our iPhones (6 and 6Plus) are getting older and I thought to be clever to switch to much cheeper Android smart phones.
I gave it a try and ordered a nice one for 190€/ 200€ and played all day with it. It is really not bad but if you are used to the (close to) perfection of Apple is it hard to satisfied with such a low cost device. I am sure top Android smart phones are at par with Apple but there would be no savings just the hassle of learning a new system.
It is packed and will go back for a full refund and we will stay as long as save (security updated provided)  with the old ones.
That postpones the decision for two new smart phones by tree to five years :-)

We can be relaxed with smart phones because we are very light users of them. We prefer the iMacs with a screen, mouse and real keyboard. When ever possible to we do all computer work at home. The smart phones are mostly used as navigation systems in the car and the messaging is used by my wife to direct her laborer to get some additional goods when sent for shopping.....
The iPad is an exception. It is by "book" and holds tons of model railroad magazines and data.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-22-2019

Hello Blue
Gas is $2.79 here in lower Mi.
Rain again this morning, can't even get the veggie garden planted. High of 70 today IF the clouds move out.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-23-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 52 headed for cloudy and 70. Rain again tonight.

Had a good trip to Des Moines yesterday. The car repair took less than 60 seconds and the mechanic showed me how to fix it if the problem occurs again. Hit a few other stores and looked for some new suits. Prices weren't too bad. I couldn't find my G scale dealer. His place is hard to find and my gps can never figure out where he lives. Oh, well. Gives me an excuse to go back.

This morning I'll be heading to the gym. After that it's time to mow the lawn and if there's time I'll try to get in a bike ride. This evening is my weekly beer and bereavement group.

When we got our first cell phone it was a flip phone because my wife was paranoid about accidentally calling someone. Eventually I upgrade to a $30 smart phone - basically a training phone. Last year I went whole hog and spent $100 on a new phone - so I could connect it to my drone. Other than that I use it to order a pizza from Papa Murphy when I'm on my way home from a road trip out of town. If anyone tries to call me the will normally get in touch with the kitchen table, my desk, or the coffee table in the living room.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-23-2019

Good morning, a chilly one again for us. It did rain overnight here, and it's still snowing up in Flagstaff, so far 2" on the ground.

Speaking of cell phones, I have one with a pre-paid plan, $20 for three months gives me way more than I need. I rarely use it to call, even less to text and even less than that to browse. Right now, I'm paid up to August and have over 1800 talk minutes, 3274 text messages and 518 Mb of data in the bank. I'm a bit old-fashion and keep my landline for most everything I need a phone for and a computer to do my browsing. If you text me or leave a message on my cell phone, it may be days before I take a look at it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-23-2019

guess I'm the odd man out I don't have a smart or a dumb phone. wife has a prepaid that if you call her you get her purse. 
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2019

Jim, I'm Rolesville just north of Raleigh [actually or limits touch].

Back injections this afternoon seem to be doing fine.  I had never had them.  Following instruction sheets and resting.  I felt a slight pinch for the deadening.  Then pressure [I guess when injecting back] a few times.  Got up and came home by way of Fire house Food for a couple of hotdogs.  So far so good.