The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-28-2019

Greetings, gang.

More rain this morning with a good chance for severe weather this afternoon and evening. 53 right now headed for 67.

Wasted day yesterday but I did at least go for a walk. Today doesn't look real promising either. Still battling this cold.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-28-2019

Good morning all, just a bit about the weather here since it's been so drastic in other parts of the country, yet we are still very comfortable here. Yesterday was the coldest Memorial Day on record, cloudy but no rain, today should be a bit better (84), but still well below average and the low (58) still may tie the record low. The record high for today is 110, no thank you....

Not much else going on, just have a few plans to add storage to my train room, really need to get organized there....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-29-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 right now . Supposed to get to the upper 60s. That was the forecast for yesterday also and never made it to 60.

Got the new phone book in the mail yesterday. It just keeps getting thinner and thinner. Nothing planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-29-2019

Hello Blue
Yes more rain here  too. Can't even get all the grass cut. Too wet. 70 for todays high.
Yesterday was a doctor day. Foot and eyes. Only problem was eyes in the afternoon meant we were blurry eyed till evening.
Gas is still around $2.79.
S.J

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-29-2019

Good Morning Blue. Beautiful morning in southeast Ohio but we have saturated ground. We had 3 inches of rain in a little less than 2 hours late afternoon yesterday and picked up another inch over night.  
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-29-2019

Good morning everyone, still a bit chilly here for us, not complaining though, I can remember a few days where the temps never went below 100, so lows in the 60's and highs in the upper 80's are a delight for this time of the year for us.

We are still looking for a few more bids on the N scale anniversary car, you may not be into N scale, but it will make a nice keepsake, and most of all, help support Big Blue while getting something in return. Please consider bidding, the auction is right here....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-29-2019

nice day here also bit warmer than Don but still relatively cool. just got back from morning walk (two blocks without stopping 2285_ 2285_ )

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-30-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 headed for less cloudy and 77. Only slight chances for rain over the next several days.

Had a really down day yesterday. Didn't sleep well Tuesday night and was just really depressed all day yesterday. Feeling better today. Lots to do. Some grocery shopping, mow the lawn, go to the gym, and maybe get in a bike ride. All before my usual Thursday evening group.

Jim - congratulations on your walk. Keep up the good work.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-30-2019

Good morning y'all. Yeah, I spent a year living in Texas a long time ago, but I haven't forgotten that popular way of addressing someone.

Got a few things rearranged in my train room, slowly making it easier to find things. Just that the room I'm using is about half the size of the last one that I had. That's why they call it, "downsizing".

Glad to see that you're doing good Jim, as for me, I couldn't walk two blocks without stopping, an affliction that comes with age. And Tom, every day is a new start and a chance to put yesterday's issues out of sight, seems like you're doing just that.

Everyone, y'all have a great day....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-30-2019

HELLO BLUE
Well no global warming here. All it knows how to do here is rain. 65 chilly wet degrees.
We had eye exams yesterday afternoon so we spent the early evening trying to watch the news with blurry eyes.
I'm good for one year or ten thousand miles whichever comes first.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-30-2019

Hello folks

I wonder how many remember me. I know it has been a long time since I frequented these forums. Let me tell you I wish things had been different and my involvement had been at a better pace. Things are calming down and I am hoping to have more time for model railroading in the coming months. I have not touched a model in about five or six years. Getting my kids off to college took up a lot of time. Throw a car accident and recovery in there to add some spice. However, the last two years has been the toughest as we have been caring for my 85 year old FIL at home. Unfortunately his health is deteriorating to the point where he requires skilled care more than we can provide at home. My wife and I spent the holiday weekend looking at rehab and long term care facilities.

Under orders from my son and my doctor I am trying to get back into the things I enjoy. So here I am. Since retirement is literally around the corner for me, probably late summer, my time should free up. I have already finally cleared the workbench.

Not sure when I will post again. I hope in a few days. I will, however, be lurking.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-30-2019

Good to hear from you Tom. I enjoyed your roll by pictures and I hope you can do them once again.  
I'm sorry that life has not been so kind to you in recent years..Things will get better. The pot holes in life do get patched. 
Keep in touch with us.
Charlie.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-31-2019

Good morning all, and it's good to hear from you again Tom. Things change and modeling cannot always be one of our top issues, but it can be helpful when you need a respite from other life issues. I hope you're able to get back into model railroading, I took a few years break as well, and now I enjoy the time I can spend back creating things while all other issues fade in the background.

Temps here are warming up. All prognosticators have us in the high 90's now, they differ a bit on when we'll be back into the 100's though. I guess that's the unpredictability of their jobs so I'll give then credit for coming close when they do... One thing that I found out is that there are, "meteorologists" and there are, "broadcast meteorologists". The difference is in the training. The latter take more courses on how to act and look good in front of a camera, the former focus more on earthly and factual things.

Have a great day and weekend....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-31-2019

Welcome back, Tom. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

Greetings, gang. Hazy and 59 at the moment. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s. No significant chances for rain for the next several days.

Very productive day yesterday. Got the pantry restocked, went to the gym, mowed the yard, and ran the trimmer and blower to clean everything up. Ran out of steam before I got to the bike ride. Got a few projects lined up for today. Going to the gym for a swim and walk. Also need to repaint the wheelbarrow. Also need to put insect control spray on the yard and I'm going to try for the bike ride again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-31-2019

Tompm the things that befall us in this life have no rhyme or reason I never expend to have open heart surgery at 72 as we always tried to eat well and exercise but a bad aortic valve changed all that   . its good to see that you took care of your FIL till it exceeded  your ability to do so .