The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-31-2019

Home from Tybee Island and Savanah GA.  Good trip.  Got home and it rained good.  First in 3 weeks.  Will not have water tomorrow as planned when I got home.

Wow, Tompm and Jim has joined us.   Icon_e_biggrin 

See you all tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-01-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy with smoke in the air. Apparently Canada is burning to the ground again. 63 right now with an expected high in the mid 70s. May get a light shower soon.

Went to the gym, painted the wheel barrow, and got in a bike ride yesterday. Forgot about the outdoor bug spray until too late. Will do that today after the rain headed my way. Also need to do laundry.

Welcome back. Frank.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-01-2019

Good morning everyone, a nice day yesterday, a bit hot though. The van's outside temp reading showed 100, but the TV gal says it only reached the high 90's. Can't remember exactly how high, but these things never match up anyway. Last year, the van would show 120 when I knew it was only 110, but I finally got the dealer to put in the upgrade it needed. It seems as if that's how they fix cars today, software upgrades. My tranny was shifting hard, yup, another software upgrade to fix it. But then again, it seems to have worked. I did have one update happen while I was driving. Got a message on the screen saying to push a button if I was not going to turn the van off for a bit to allow the update to download. I guess that's the new mechanic fix, downloads while you're driving, but then, how can the dealer pile on "necessities" when you don't stop by to have them do it?

Speaking of stopping by, how about stopping by our auction, we are but a few days away from it closing, so it's time to get your bids in.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-01-2019

Morning.  75 and partly cloudy.  Resting up today.  Will get unpacked and wash clothes [Wifey did hers last night, told her I'd do mine].

Don, "official" temps are in the shade.  Sunny temps run a lot higher.  Sunny is what we experience when we are out and about.

Tom, got rain last night but need more as been so dry. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-01-2019

temps are higher here , but still my favorite time of year , temps still let you be outside some but high enough to run off the snow birds.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-02-2019

Good morning all, yeah Jim, it's getting a bit toasty around here, but still a bit below normal. It's around 5 AM here and 72 already. Just a few days ago, that was the high for the day. Heading out to the desert tomorrow for some target shooting. High temps there look like in the mid-90's, but still in the high 80's about the time we're packing up to go home. We probably won't go out again until the Fall, trying to shoot when it's 100+ out is not only uncomfortable and stupid (no shade out there), but sometimes requires wearing gloves to touch the guns, they become so hot. Yup, better to stay indoors and work on your layouts.... Hey, just got an idea for my layout, an official shooting range. I'll have to research if anyone makes N scale people shooting or guns. Maybe it's time to buy a 3D printer....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-02-2019

Greetings, gang.

Still hazy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 53 right now headed for 75. No rain in the forecast until Monday night and Tuesday and those chances are quite low.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the bug spray on the yard and got the laundry caught up. Also went for a short bike ride. Today I need to do some house cleaning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-02-2019

Hello Blue
Storms yesterday afternoon dropped our temp to 57 this morning.
Snowbirds eh well I can easily see why some do it. My cuz spends 6 months here and 6 months where it's warm. Nothing wrong with that.
I would not like 100 degrees every day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-02-2019

Morning.  90 and sunny.  Slight chance of rain.  Off to a black sorority luncheon.  Was invited. 

Have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-02-2019

All sunny here. First day of 30°C / 86°. Looks and feals like summer!
It's time for ice cream and ice cold coke again.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-02-2019

72 here with 23% humidity , did a mile walk this morning , great weather for walking getting off restrictions Wednesday need to do some yard work then.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-02-2019

We made it to the hobby shop's customer appreciation day. I bought a turnout motor (Rapido) while Dayle bought a Lionel gold bullion car and a print of 6060 which we rode behind while we were courting. Still didn't qualify for the 15% off (under $100).
Gas prices dropping for some reason.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2019

Good morning everyone. Yeah, gas prices are down a whopping two cents here. Most are still selling at $3.17, but I see Costco is now at $2.99 on Gas Buddy. Too far to drive and save anything. We're suppose to be getting a Costco here in Surprise. There's been rumors for years, but now they've called out a place where they're going to build, just about two miles south of Sam's Club, which right now is selling gas for $3.04. Seems like they've released the restrictions on Ethanol and might help drive prices down, plus help the corn farmers as well.

Planning on going out target shooting this morning. We're still in the 90's for a few days, so it shouldn't get over the high 80's while we're out there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-03-2019

Greetings, gang.

Still hazy outside my window. 58 headed for 75 later this afternoon. Slight chances for rain through tomorrow night.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the second coat of paint on the wheel barrow so I can take that off my to do list. Also went for a 13 mile bike ride. Took and hour and ten minutes. This morning I need to dispose of the used oil and go to the gym This afternoon will see me on the bike again. Gas prices hear are unusual. Prices range from $2.46 to $2.64. Most of the time prices move in lock step at all the stations.

Some rather poor planning by the local school district. High school graduation on the same day as the local Frontier Days event.

Jim - well done on the walk. Glad to see you improving so rapidly.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-03-2019

Not as hot and sunny.  Chores here and County Commissioners at 5.

Was watering new plants behind the Train Box and looked back.  Wifey had already put out corn over the fence.

[Image: enhance]

Have a good one.