The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-10-2019

Passing through.  Still babysitting.  Sun is out for now.  Had some more showers last night.  Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2019

Good morning all, hot yesterday, 105, the highest for this year, but it should be topped by today at 108 and Wednesday at 112 (ties the record for that day). So, we're going from really, really pleasant days (80's and 90's), to really really hot ones... Also, the TV news is featuring stories as to what to do during our Monsoon season, which starts at the end of this week. They used to have a formula, the first day when there are five days in a row with a dew point of 55 or higher, was the start of the season. Now, it's a lot easier to just pick a day and stick with that. I can't remember what the formula was for the end of the season, but now it's fixed at September 30.

High temps with low humidity mixed in with lots of wind and dust, followed by enough rain the flood sometimes and just make a muddy mess of things other times. Welcome to Arizona....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-11-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a chilly 59 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning with a predicted high of 74 and rain on the horizon through tomorrow.

Had a super good time with my niece and her family yesterday. Her kids are active, intelligent, inquisitive, and know how to tease and take teasing - all requirements for being in the family. All in all one of the best days I've had in a long time. Need to make a grocery run soon as I don't even have any milk for breakfast. Nothing else on the agenda for today.

The temperature got to 79 here yesterday afternoon but it certainly didn't feel like it because of the super low humidity. Humidity was only 25% yesterday afternoon - extremely low for these parts.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-11-2019

Morning.  Rain has stopped.  Waiting for sun to come out as guessers forecasted.  Then mow.  Last morning of babysitting.  50% chance of rain tomorrow late.  Then dry.  US 401 will be out until middle of August.  That is a biggie.  Contractor adding two more lanes was the major problem when all the water hit the stream there.  Completely washed out two sections of the highway.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2019

Good morning everyone, it did hit 110 yesterday, a few more days of this and we're back down into the low 100's. Stay indoors, crank up the A/C and you don't know the difference.

Today, my bride and me are celebrating our 59 anniversary. Hard to believe, but time goes so fast as one ages. Talked to the greeter at Walmart this morning. She was so enthralled with us walking hand-in-hand all the time, that she had to show us a picture she took of us about a month ago. Little does she know that we do that to keep us both upright and on a steady path to the parking lot.... Icon_rolleyes People our age tend to wander a bit. Icon_lol

Spent time on my layout yesterday, got all the track down, now to test it before I do anything else. I'm sure I have a few kinks and curves that need adjusting.

Cheers, and have a great day... Thumbsup

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-11-2019

Germany is split by the weather. The east gets very hot air from Africa via Italy. The west gets cold weather from the Atlantic.
Those two weathers meet in the center of Germany with severe rain, thunderstorm and hail.
We got the cold weather, light rain and 60°.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-12-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 59 at the moment. Supposed to get down to 44 by tomorrow morning. Back to more normal temperatures by the weekend.

Had some rain yesterday so I checked the shed an it was dry so hopefully the repairs worked. Only a slight chance for rain this weekend so it won't get a real test. Went to great-grandkids t-ball games tonight. The games were fun but the weather was not. Wind was at about 25-30 mph from the north and the temperature was in to low 60s. Downright cold out there and of course it was a double header tonight. Nothing major planned for tomorrow.

Reinhard - very interesting about the weather. I watch the F1 races and whenever they are in Germany the weather is always unpredictable. Thanks for the explanation.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Lots of sunshine outside my window but not much warmth. 47 right now after an overnight low of 42. I'm going to apply to FEMA for some disaster relief funds since I had to turn the furnace on this morning to take the chill off the house.

Nothing has changed since last night. Still no plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-13-2019

Good morning, still a bit warmish here, I think we did hit 112 yesterday to tie the record. Today should be another tie or record breaker, but with so many sources of input data, I can't be sure. Let's say, somewhere between 108 and 112. The record for today is 109 for Surprise, 110 for Phoenix. Yup, summer is here. All the TV newscasts have segments on how to deal with the extreme heat, and what to do during a Monsoon storm. Someone referred them to "our patio furniture relocation program". How true, one can find their furniture in their neighbor's yard or out on the street. If you had your garbage cans out, just hope you had your name on them since they're somewhere down the street as well....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-13-2019

Morning.  Sunny and cooler.  Rain yesterday afternoon and night.  Not like last weekend.  Not suppose to rain for a while per guessers.

Nothing much on the agenda.  Hotdog special at Firehouse Foods.

Tomorrow is horrible early.  HS graduation at 8 AM downtown Raleigh.  Crazy to have it at 8.  Mix lost drivers with regular commenters.  Wake Co. Schools doesn't care.  Icon_rolleyes 

I have checked my computer.  Today's date and time is correct.  Time zone is Eastern.  Forum shows Sunday June 9 and then today.  HUMMM  As I said, all other forums show correct date and time.   Will check my account in this forum.  Just started this last week. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-13-2019

Found it in setting in this forum.  Seems they had been changed.  ??????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 08:43 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Found it in setting in this forum.  Seems they had been changed.  ??????

Shouldn't have changed on it's own. We had some down time yesterday, but even then, no user info gets changed when we reload the database or download an upgrade. Even then, we cannot access your account beyond changing your password, and we only do that at your request since you can do all those things yourself in your user CP. Keep me posted if it changes again, if it does, you might want to change your password.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-13-2019

We will be on vacation next week. This time in Schwangau, Germany. The weather forecast indicates better weather at home ..... :-(
I expect to hit the rain after about half the way south of Ulm.
Again a vacation in Germany after many years on the Canary and Balearic Islands. German vacation weather is always a gamble with many many losers......

The current east/west split is not the usual situation. Most time is the weather in the south west the best. We got a lot of weather from north Spain via south France. That is quite nice. Most heavy rain will be grounded at the west side of the black forrest.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-13-2019

We got the motorhome out of servicing today -- annual oil change, etc. They tightened up the mounts on the exhaust. On the way home the tailpipe fell off. Took it back; the mechanic said that he'd had some concerns but we picked it up while he was out. They'll fix it for no charge (!) but will take time to get a new piece made. We picked up the bit that fell off -- who needs a couple of feet of 4" dia steel pipe?

New Kitchener streetcar line has had its 3rd accident and they aren't open yet. This one was some SUV making an illegal U-turn in front of it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-13-2019

Frank:  Glad you found the time issue

Reinhard:  Have a great trip!!!  

David:   ....made a u turn? in front of a streetcar?  Hopefully they got a ticket!  It never ceases to amaze me - the people that don't pay attention while driving....  Sad...  Sad  Sad