The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 headed for cloudy and 77 with a slight chance for some light rain.

Quiet day yesterday. I did find about a 4 foot section of track that will need some repair before I can run the trains again. I was thinking I could pick up the needed supplies when I go to Des Moines on Monday but when I checked their web site they are not accepting walk in traffic until Wed. I may have to go back to Des Moines on Wed. so I guess the repairs will have to wait until then.

Reinhard must be having a difficult time transitioning to retirement with all the vacations he's taking.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-14-2019

Hello Blue
Just checking in. No train news.
No Global warming here either. 
Yesterdays high was a cold damp 62. Sun today in the 70s, rain again tomorrow.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-14-2019

Good morning all, yeah, same problems here with light rail. Big signs, flashing red arrows, all to no avail, let's try to beat the train to the crossing....

Temps weren't so bad yesterday, 107 and dropping. We're looking at a cool down into the very low 100's through to the end of next week. One good thing about the heat is that the weeds don't like it. I can count the number of weeds I see in the front yard on one hand, this time last month, it was a sea of green weeds, a few months ago, there were weeds in the back that were peeking over the fence.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-14-2019

Mikey
story with picture
https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/9434835-ion-train-involved-in-another-collision/
I don't know if he got a ticket, but he had a streetcar in his driving seat.

System is still in testing phase. They promised to be operating this spring -- ceremony will be 1 1/2 hours before summer starts.

Kitchener has not had streetcars since about the time I was born.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-15-2019

Good morning.  Cooler NC day.  Hope all have a good one.  Great software improvement when someone redid the forum months ago.  Was OK before but great job.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-15-2019

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 67 headed for thunderstorms and 83.

Quiet day yesterday. Ordered a new dslr. Should be here next week. Today I have a date - lunch with my daughter and her husband. Daughter's birthday is tomorrow but she is babysitting one of her grandkids tomorrow. Also on deck for today is laundry. Always an exciting and fun-filled project.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 06:46 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Good morning.  Cooler NC day.  Hope all have a good one.  Great software improvement when someone redid the forum months ago.  Was OK before but great job.

Thank you Frank, that's the handiwork of my son Duffy (used to be Packey). He implemented the software change, did the design work and manage to migrate all the data over without losing any of it. I'm a proud pappy.... Oh yeah, he also designed our new logo, bringing us into the new age with an overall fresh new look. The change was necessary since the old software was outdated and no longer supported. This is so much easier to work with as well.....

Temps here are running just a bit below normal and in the low 100's. I even see a 99 in the forecast for later this month. All the rain we had earlier this year brought us out of the drought, but it also brought a lot of growth and so now we've got at least four wildfires to contend with. The largest is over 16,000 acres already, and all of them are human caused. The had to shut down aerial efforts for a while since some yoho was flying a drone over one of them. I guess they either don't listen to the news, or they just don't care...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-15-2019

Hello Blue
Weather here is opposite of the west coast.
Cloudy and gloomy with a high of 66 today. Average is 79 for this time in June.
So much rain there are parts of my back lawn with water laying on it. Can't mow that part. My neighbor got his JD mower stuck trying to cut through the wet ground.
No real train news. Our annual outdoor club meet is next weekend. Yes the extended forecast say's thunder showers.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-15-2019

79 this morn , heading to 100's

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-16-2019

Happy Fathers Day, gang.

Foggy and very humid this morning. Right now it's 62 headed for a sunny high of 77 with the fog lifting soon.

Routine day yesterday. Went for a bike ride and met my daughter and her husband for lunch. Celebrated her birthday, which is today. She was born on Fathers Day so kind of special. Fell in love when I first laid eyes on her. She is my first born. After lunch I popped into Walmart for a few things. Not a bright idea on a Saturday afternoon. The place was mobbed. Had to wait to leave the store as a thunderstorm popped up. Very heavy rain and winds of 40+ mph along with some thunder. I waited about 10 minutes and the storm was over. Typical Iowa storm. According to my rain gauge we got an inch of rain. According to the NWS website we got almost 2 inches. Their reporting station is about a mile north of me. South of the main road through town they probably had even less. Very typical of this type of storm.

On the agenda for today is breakfast, followed by putting weed killer on the yard. Also have a couple of bills to write out so I can put them out for our friendly postal service tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-16-2019

Morning Crew.  So good to see more visitors here.  Happy Father's Day.  Pretty day in NC.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-16-2019

Yes indeed, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I hope you all get treated well. We have no plans, just to take it easy all day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-16-2019

(06-14-2019, 07:21 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Mikey
story with picture
https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/9434835-ion-train-involved-in-another-collision/
I don't know if he got a ticket, but he had a streetcar in his driving seat.

System is still in testing phase. They promised to be operating this spring -- ceremony will be 1 1/2 hours before summer starts.

Kitchener has not had streetcars since about the time I was born.

Wow!!   Yea - that looked bad.  He deserved a ticket if he got one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-17-2019

Good morning everyone, we're back to below normal, temps will be skimming around 100 with a few days in the high 90's. The records for these days are all in around 115 or higher. Been here through those days and so 100 sounds like we need to get out the jackets and woollies. Icon_lol  Not quite, but it's fun to think that way.

Got some time today so I'm going to start wiring my tracks. Got lots of lighted buildings, but I haven't a real clue where they'll be so I'll just have to wait on that for now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-17-2019

Good morning.  Up at 8:30 [well, after being awaken at 6:30 but luckily went back to sleep].  Cooked sausage biscuits.  Sausage was hard to cook as didn't have any fat.  This place usually has lean sausage but not this lean.  Putting on work clothes and mowing.  Then get ready for County Commissioners and Mayors' Assoc. [Mayors' is in the far south of the county, long drive home.]  Driving for buddy Mayor who has Parkinson's thanks to Agent Orange or wouldn't go. 

94 and humid.  Hot and humid back after a few days of cool and low humidity.