The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Raining heavily and 75 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Went to Des Moines today to drop off my car for some minor repairs. They were supposed to give me a loaner. They couldn't find it. They found the key but couldn't find the car. And I'm going to trust these people to fix my car? Anyway, they looked at it and decided it needed new parts so those are on order from California. I also ordered two new suits. Those will be here a week from Wed. so I told the car dealer I would bring the car in then to have it fixed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-18-2019

Good morning everyone, got a bit warmer than expected yesterday, I think it hit 105 in some places, our van showed 104, so I believe it. Not that I have that much faith in the van's outside thermometer, but they did do a software update on it a while ago. Last year it would show 125 when it was only 110 out. The last two times we had the van in for service, they never took a wrench or screwdriver to it, all upgrades. Flash this module, reprogram that one...

Got some wiring done on my new layout. Maybe do a bit more on it today and put the ground throws in place before I test the track.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-18-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning. Right now it's 64 headed for the low 70s. Got about a half inch of rain overnight after and inch and a quarter in yesterdays downpour.

I am going to California a the end of July for a memorial service for the wife of one of my wife's uncles. On the way home I'm going to take some side trips - Grand Canyon, Durango and Silverton, and whatever else I find. Could be a fun trip and give my new dslr (due here Thursday) a good workout.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2019

Rise and shine, you slackers!

60 and some light fog this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Busy day ahead - groceries, gym, mow, and t-ball this evening. Had a very close call in front of my house yesterday afternoon. Most people fly through the intersection. One guy had to lock up his brakes because the other guy was flying faster. Probably less than three feet at their closest point. That seems to be the rule around here. Right of way doesn't matter as much as who's going faster. Enough grumbling. Time to get on with my day.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-19-2019

Yeah, you're right Tom, get up, move around. Of course, it's only a few minutes after 5:00 here, and moving around can be difficult this early, especially for us old folk, but we'll try.....

Got some nasty wildfires, mostly in the hills, but the worse one is to the east in the Tonto National Forest, over 40,000 acres burned and less then 10% contained. We can see the smoke from the fire from our area, a good 50 miles away. A few smaller fires burning even closer to us, one brush fire took out three homes yesterday, another is burning down a hillside and getting close to a residential area. Still not as bad as in years past where we've had hundreds of thousands acres of forest land burned, just about all of them are caused by humans.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-19-2019

Hot, humid and actually we could use a shower of rain.

Tom, sounds like a good trip.

DAZ, your area is different from ours.  Our woods is more dense and what falls rots.

Got some Town stuff today and tonight.

Garden Club board coming to the house.  Got to get out of here.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-19-2019

Sun and 80 today, yes of course rain will be back before morning.
Well with my BD, Fathers Day and a class reunion we have ate out 3 times in less than a week. Add an ice cream cake to that and it's time for me to back off awhile.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny at the moment headed for cloudy and rainy all through the weekend.  60 right now expected to rise to the mid 70s by this afternoon.

Busy day yesterday.  Went to the gym, got groceries, mowed the yard, cleaned the sidewalk, went for a bike ride, and went to a t-ball game.  A really good day.  Today should be easier.  Only items on the agenda are a bike ride and maybe run the string trimmer.  Then weekly group this evening.

I do need to learn how to read (more carefully).  I got a text saying there was a t-ball game last night.  I mistakenly assumed it was at 6 as all the previous ones have been.  Nope, it was at 7 and a half hour away from home.  Went to the small local grocery store and picked up some insect repellent and then had something to eat at the local bar and grill.    I did not partake of the offerings from the bar, only the grill.

After the game I took my new dslr (it arrived a day earlier than originally promised) out to get some sunset shots.  I think I may have bit off more than I can chew.  This Canon Rebel EOS SL2 is w-a-y more complex than anything I've had before.  There's going to be a steep learning curve on this thing.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-20-2019

Morning.  hot and real humid.  Chance of storms this afternoon and evening.  Staked out the tomato baskets with conduit and cable ties.  Too tall and top heavy now.  Getting lots of tomatoes now.  This is the greenhouse set.  Others are now growing and blooming.

Lunch meeting and one this afternoon in Raleigh.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2019

Good morning, headed out to breakfast this morning and couldn't turn on Grand Ave. (US60), a huge sheriff's "Command Center" van was blocking the road. As were about a dozen other police and unmarked vehicles and lots of people in uniform or in vests. Checked the news when we got home and it turns out that the FBI had a shootout with someone in a small pickup. There were bunches of bullet holes in the windshield but no LEO's were hurt in the event. The thing that puzzles me is that it happened sometime last night and here it is almost 9:00, and the road is still shut down and will be for a few more hours. Why does it take so long to document what happened? It always seems that way making a real mess of traffic. Still, they got the bad guys and that's what counts....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-20-2019

another fine morning here 78 at 7:30 almost cold  Awesome  have to  get off duff and finish the pool today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-20-2019

We are having a 3-day celebration of the 25th annivesay of the Village by the Arboretum this weekend. Tomorrow is activities day where all the clubs will be showing their wares.

We are still debating going to the first day of the new Kitchener-Waterloo streetcar line. There may be massive crowds, especially when you consider what showed up when someone won a mere basebasketball game. If we go, we'll start at the far end.
I just checked and the last streetcar ran in the area when I was a week old. They were converting to trolley buses and the last day was supposed to be Dec 31 but there was an ice storm that pulled down lots of the overhead and they weren't going to replace it for 4 days.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-21-2019

Good morning all. Well, they finally reopened US60 after that FBI "incident". Traffic running normal, so I think we'll try to go to the same place for breakfast that we started out for yesterday. Also in the news yesterday, three people shot just a few blocks from our house, just a quiet residential neighborhood, but one never knows for sure.

Speaking of streetcars, It seems like all over, rails were pulled up, and rail lines dismantled replaced by modern buses. I remember there was a conspiracy trial against GM (bus manufacturer), a tire company and I think an oil company for buying up and dismantling the LA trolley lines and replacing them with buses that used tires and gas. They all were found guilty and fined one stinkin' dollar. Talk about a conspiracy, I wonder just how rich that judge got just around the same time. Now we're spending hundreds of millions to put those rails back. In the Phoenix area, all the streetcars and buses go downtown. If you want to go anywhere else, you still need a car.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

Waking up to thunder and lightning is probably not the most promising start to the day, weather-wise. 64, rain and the aforementioned other weather activities at the moment. More rain is predicted through next Monday. The high for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. I did get the grass trimmed yesterday morning but the rain in the afternoon curtailed my plan to ride the bike. This morning a trip to the gym is planned and if the rain lets up maybe a bike ride this afternoon.

A few years ago after some careful planning our local street department managed to block all three of the main streets in downtown (yes, it's a very small town) simultaneously. I'm sure someone got a bonus for pulling off that stunt.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-21-2019

Just read the morning paper. There's an unconfirmed sighting of a mountain lion just a few blocks from my house and along the bike trail where I ride.

Tom