The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-01-2018

Hello Blue,,,,,,He has risen
Easter afternoon was spent with our 3 kids. Lot's to eat. Much sent home with each family as usual.
Still cold here can't seem to get past the 40s.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2018

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 21 in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 40. Rest of the week is supposed to be in the 30s. I could use some of SJ's 40 degree weather. Snow starts again tonight with 2-3" expected.

SIL and her hubby arrived about 10 last night with a Tahoe full of stuff from father-in-law's house for various grandkids. Late afternoon will see the arrival of family to pick up their stuff. Also planning to feed them hot dogs, burgers, and brats on the grill.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2018

Good morning once again. And once again we are at the beginning of another week. Well, actually, yesterday was the first day of the week, but for most, this is the first workday. Yesterday was calm, no big dinners, no chocolate bunnies or jelly beans, just a simple dinner for two and some ice cream afterwards.

We've been in the 90's for a few days now and expect more of the same all this week. No rain at all in the forecast and I think they've seen the last of the snow up in the northern part of the state. Not so elsewhere, I see pictures of people shoveling snow from Minnesota to the east coast, I guess the groundhog missed on his predictions...

A question, around here, gasoline prices are going up like a rocket. A few weeks ago, I filled up for $2.239 a gallon, now the lowest price that I've seen is $2.559, more than a 30 cent increase. I think it has to do with them shutting down to change to the summer blend, at least that's usually their excuse, but I'm wondering what kind of prices are you all seeing in your area?????

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2018

71 degrees and mostly sunny. Outside work and then County Commissioners at 5.

Tom, think I'll fly up and eat with you. Thumbsup

Have a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-02-2018

Easter again over , rain rain and more rain although some parts of the UK have had a good covering of snow .
quiet this end never seen the grand kids or daughter-in-law - even early on in the year when UK had all the snow (Sod them all Eek ) , if they don't come for the easter eggs and bunnies I'll enjoy them - and it wont happen next year .
rant over take care guys ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-02-2018

Don
The price at Costco is 117.9/l. The report goes up to 122.4 but we've seen prices up to 130.
(Note: prices are in Cdn $ and for a litre, which is a generous quart. You do the rest of the math.) Costco was at 111 to 114 last week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-03-2018

BR60103 Wrote:Don
The price at Costco is 117.9/l. The report goes up to 122.4 but we've seen prices up to 130.
(Note: prices are in Cdn $ and for a litre, which is a generous quart. You do the rest of the math.) Costco was at 111 to 114 last week.

Doing a bit of math, that compares to about $3.50 (+/-) a gallon in the US, so we're somewhere about a dollar a gallon cheaper here in the Phoenix area if I did the math right. Icon_lol That's right in line with what they're paying over in California.

Temps plummeted to the high 80's yesterday thanks to some of those wiggles on the weather map pushing to the southeast. But not to worry, they're starting to head to the high 90's once those wiggles leave the state. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-03-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and drizzle outside my window this morning. Right now it's 32 headed for a high of 29 with 1-3"of snow predicted. Not a pleasant day. May make a pot of chili for supper this evening.

Yesterday went fairly well. Daughter and SIL came for supper along with oldest grandson and his family. Lots of fun and laughter. Cooked hot dogs, burgers and brats on the grill but had to eat in the house. Was hoping for warmer weather so we could run the train in the back yard but at 40 windy degrees it just didn't work. Also had macaroni salad, beans, and chips. Fruit cocktail cake and ice cream for desert.

Today sister-in-law and her husband are leaving for Omaha to visit other relatives. Travel could be a little tricky. Roads are somewhat ice and snow covered.

Frank - you are welcome at any time. Just bring some of that warm weather with you.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2018

Morning. Tom left the door open. 47 and foggy. Guessers say high of 76. We'll see.

Dermatologist apt. this afternoon. Town Board this evening.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-03-2018

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 40s with rain expected by evening.
I was out this morning, all I saw were at 2.79 for regular.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - MountainMan - 04-03-2018

ezdays Wrote:Good morning once again. And once again we are at the beginning of another week. Well, actually, yesterday was the first day of the week, but for most, this is the first workday. Yesterday was calm, no big dinners, no chocolate bunnies or jelly beans, just a simple dinner for two and some ice cream afterwards.

We've been in the 90's for a few days now and expect more of the same all this week. No rain at all in the forecast and I think they've seen the last of the snow up in the northern part of the state. Not so elsewhere, I see pictures of people shoveling snow from Minnesota to the east coast, I guess the groundhog missed on his predictions...

A question, around here, gasoline prices are going up like a rocket. A few weeks ago, I filled up for $2.239 a gallon, now the lowest price that I've seen is $2.559, more than a 30 cent increase. I think it has to do with them shutting down to change to the summer blend, at least that's usually their excuse, but I'm wondering what kind of prices are you all seeing in your area?????

Colorado prices have been up at $2.59 for some time now.

"Changing over to summer blend" is an overworked excuse for jacking up prices any time people are going to be traveling. Since the holidays occur every year at exactly the same time, the real question is why the increased demand is not anticipated and planned for. Oh, yeah...that would cut profits for the Big Oil bloatocrats.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-03-2018

We have a winter storm warning on the weather radio. The sooner we renegiate NAFTA to put MAJOR tarriffs on US weather , the better.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-04-2018

Greetings, gang.

Urgent request to ship all available warm weather to the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 9 ridiculously cold degrees outside. Normal high for this time of years is in the 50s. No relief in sight until maybe the end of next week.

Quiet day yesterday. Sister-in-law and her husband left by about 11 and I didn't lift a finger the rest of the day. Today I need to do laundry, pay bills, and schedule a time to get my water meter replaced.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-04-2018

Good morning all, no, we didn't hit 90 the other day, but we got close. At one point, they had an 97 in the forecast but now the highest high is 93 for the next few days. It would be nice to be able to bottle this weather up and send it to Iowa or Philly, but it would lose something in the transport, so we'll just send out some of our cactus instead. It's a lot heartier but a bit more difficult to handle. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-04-2018

Morning. Tom sending us some of his weather. 71 degrees which is one degree lower than a few minutes ago. Temps to drop and be windy this afternoon. Guessers can't agree about showers or storms as front moves through.

Food security meeting this afternoon.

Have a good one.