The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2019

Good morning everyone, here we are at the start of another weekend. I think a lot of folks are taking today off, making it a four-day holiday weekend. We did have a few people in our neighborhood shooting fireworks off last night. Our legislature made selling and using fireworks legal a number of years ago. I have no idea what they were thinking since it's so dry around here that starting fires is easy. Right before New Years and the Fourth, out-of-state vendors set up tents in vacant lots and shopping center parking lots. Walmart sells them too. One little catch, it's not illegal to sell all kinds of devices, just that some of them are illegal to use.

Another short story: I remember when we lived outside of Houston back in the 70's, most communities made it illegal to possess fireworks of any kind. However, there was this small unincorporated county island where you could buy them. But, just outside of this area were cops in unmarked cars waiting for someone that just bought fireworks to pass them so they could pull them over and confiscate their illegal booty. It didn't matter which way you went, they were there... Don't know what it's like there now since that was a very long time ago.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-05-2019

Hello Blue
Sun, humid and 90s today.
We spent the afternoon with the kids. 4th. Fireworks are legal in Michigan on holidays so we drove home through a haze of fireworks smog.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2019

A few degrees cooler and still real humid.  Vacuuming house.  Ribs tonight.  

Stay cool.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-06-2019

And a good Saturday morning to ya all. Time to relax and avoid anything that feels like work. It's hot out, but not as hot as in the forecast. We're now just below normal, a pleasant 105, but headed to 110 and above by the middle of the coming week. Monsoon moisture is coming up from the Pacific, but suppose to miss the Phoenix area and hit to the north of us. I wonder just how they know all this Icon_e_surprised .... Our monsoon season started on June 15, but so far, nada....

A 7.1 earthquake in California was felt here in Arizona last night. We didn't feel anything though, I normally don't, maybe it's an ear thing. I do remember one California quake that made our pool water here in Arizona slosh around, but I couldn't feel any movement. Back in the early 70's when we lived in Orange County, the one that hit Simi Valley did wake us up and yeah, I did feel that one because the bed was going in one direction and we were going in the other.... Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-06-2019

81 here nice morning, we felt the quake here made anything hanging from ceiling sway and pool slosh .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-06-2019

Morning.  Hot and humid with chance of showers.

Don Baker [who drops by once in a while] train buddy in Cerritos CA has been shaken twice.  Lat one was harder.  Sloshed 3 feet of water out of his pool.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-06-2019

Norfolk Southern had a derailment on Horseshoe Curve at 8:40 PM last night....
All types of videos on Youtube... Just search for Horseshoe curve derailment.

11 empty centerbeam cars left track 3
Curve Live Feed: (you can go back to the beginning and see some of the work. The camera missed the cderailment but the sound is there....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45InTaXwzs

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-07-2019

Hot and humid [what's new].  Chance of showers.  No rain yesterday as guessers said we would get.  Keep playing up and down with % chances.  

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-07-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a beautiful day today. 74 now and it's supposed to hit about 80 with blue skies and moderate humidity.

Very quiet day yesterday. Due to the medications and a self-imposed restriction. I did nothing yesterday and today is more of the same. I'm hoping my neck will heal so I can travel. I took two of the pills last night (doctor said I could) and slept for 10 hours.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-07-2019

Good morning everyone. Cloudy, no rain in the forecast but we could see some rain way over on the east side, just about where they're fighting the wildfire. Don't know for sure, but the TV guy said we had, "sprinkles", he just didn't say where.

I-17 should be bumper to bumper in a few hours. Folks heading back from a long holiday weekend. There's plans in the works for adding a reversible lane to ease traffic heading north on Friday and coming back on Sunday during the Summer. Might get that done somewhere around 2023 they say....

Temps still a reasonable 105 today, ramping up past 110 later this week. I keep forgetting to use our remote start to cool the car down before we get in. Tried it yesterday and it works great. Gotta write myself a note to remember that..... Awesome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-08-2019

Greetings, gang.

Another beautiful day underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 66 right now headed for a sunny high in the low 80s.

Another very quiet day yesterday. Need to get out and about this morning followed by house cleaning. Got a call from one of my nieces yesterday She and her family are stopping here on Thursday to be fed. I've invited my daughter and grandson and their families also. Could be a fun evening. Still battling this sore neck. May have to get a massage.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2019

Good morning all, our holiday vacation is over, everyone back to doing what they were before last Thursday. Someone in our neighborhood must have had some fireworks left over from the Fourth and decided to shoot them off around 10:30 last night.  Damage for this holiday included a rather large brush fire and a house burned down because someone shot some illegal fireworks into the air. It's crazy, we're dealing with enough fires right now as it is. Yesterday, someone stole an ATV drove out to north Surprise and intentionally set a fire. Burned about 30 acres before they put it out. And yes, they did apprehend him. Another fire started up north thanks to someone's model plane crashing. Maybe that guy should give up flying planes and get into model railroading.... Waiting

Temps around normal, still no rain in sight. It looks like it's going to be a very dry summer....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-08-2019

low 80's here humidity still low , makes heat more bearable . had a pool disaster yesterday one of the recirculation hoses split in the night  dumped around 2000 gallons before I found it , city water bill will be high .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-09-2019

Morning.  Had some rain.  Headed east to spray Glas Star Plus [Roundup].  Real humid.

Coffee and Krispy Kremes this AM. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2019

Good morning everyone, kinda early, even for me, but at least I've got a fresh cup of coffee to deal with. There are a few 110+ days in the forecast as are a few rain days now as well. Just that no one seems to agree on what days will be very hot and which will have a chance of rain. Some show rain by the end of this week, others show it early next week and one app says only on Sunday. Confusing, you bet, they can't even come close on the temps, some show one day being 105 while another says 111. I guess each guesser is trying to interpret the data using what they learned in weather school. Just that each one seems to have gone to a different school.... Icon_rolleyes

Busy week for us, our van keeps prodding me to get the oil changed, just don't know when I'll have the time. Drove by Walmart several times this weekend and there had to be at least 20 cars in line. I guess with everyone going out of town, they needed to get their oil changed and new tires as well. Just don't feel like sitting in a small room with a TV or walking around the store for four hours waiting for an oil change. Got to look somewhere else....