The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2019

Good morning, is it getting hot here? Well, yesterday's low-high (or is that high-low? Think about that a bit), was 91, tying a record. There were a few rain spots on our windshield yesterday morning, the paper says there was a few sprinkles, but mostly "verga", or rain that evaporates before it hits the ground. 110+ in the forecast until mid next week.

Only two more days left for someone to nab the O scale anniversary car. It is surprising that we haven't had much bidding (an N scaler right now has the high bid Icon_rolleyes )  , even though it's summer and participation is low, I would think that we'd have more interest there...... We'll keep trying.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-14-2019

Hot and humid.  Heat index 100+ today.  Wifey buying Cadillac XT4.  Selling 4 Runner.  I'll mainly drive her CRV.  Save gas.  4 Runner gas mileage is about the dame as 97 Silverado with big 350 engine.

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-14-2019

Hello Blue
We have sun and 80s today. 90s for the coming week.
No train news except the new Lionel catalog. It has some HO trains in it. Me I'm a 3 railer.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, humid, and hot are the weather words for the day. 84 right now with 72% humidity. Supposed to hit the low 90s this afternoon.

Didn't do much yesterday other than clean the kitchen drain. I had noticed it was running a little slow and was hoping to wain until after my trip to deal with it. Took me longer to gather the stuff I needed than it did to fix the drain. This morning I was out of the house by a little after 7 to get the car wash. Also watched a pretty good F1 race. Up next is laundry and packing. I'll be leaving here early tomorrow morning so participation for the next two weeks could be spotty at best.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-14-2019

Good morning all, yup, it's still morning here for a good hour. Not much going on here, just a bit of warm weather, today should be under 110, then back up for the next few days. We just stay in, and if I can remember, we can start the van remotely and let it cool down before we go anywhere. The key word there is, "remember". We've had the van three years now, and I'm guessing I've remember to pre-cool it down less than a dozen times in those three years.

If it appears that I'm nagging about the O scale auction, I guess I am, but it's worthwhile enough for me to do so. There's only one more day until we close the O scale anniversary car auction. Let's see a few more bids before it closes...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2019

Morning.  Same old hot, humid and no rain.  Off to pickup new car.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-15-2019

Good morning everyone, a few sprinkles the past few days, just enough to coat our van in dots of mud. Forecast calls for some monsoon moisture next week. Even the Win 10 app shows a 20% chance starting Sunday. Do we get the van washed or do we wait, that's our point to ponder today. We could bring the rain on sooner if we did.

TV news says that gas prices are down here, but I don't see much difference. Just one place looks like it's down .04 to $2.85. Most others are sitting on $2.85 to $2.95. Around Tucson, prices are down below $2.30....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-15-2019

We had an early morning fog...I mean frog. I went into the computer room and noticed some things on the floor and figured Bonnie (our female Samoyed) had nosed them off the shelf. I replaced them and sat down to read the paper on line and I heard something on the desk and after looking around I found this staring at me. We have had several little fellows come in and thought they might have been hitching a ride on the dogs but this guy must have snuck in the dog door. The neighbors lake is only 75 feet from the door and there are lots of bull frogs that we listen to at night.     . Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-16-2019

Good morning all. Charlie, we have little critters coming in out of the heat, like scorpions and crickets, but none like you get.

Temps today suppose to be back to 114. Dew points are up, but still not to the point where they expect rain, at least not until the weekend. The only good thing from the heat is that the weeds don't seem to like it. The few we had are all dried out and no new ones showing. That could change quickly with a few days of rain with a cool down in temps.

The O scale auction is over, won by a N scaler. Sorry if you were going to bid late, but didn't. It's probably the only O scale car that we'll auction off. We have other cars that we planned on putting up for auction, but because our Summer season is slow here, we're going to wait until September to start any new auctions. Just wait, we have a real surprise in store though, so you don't want to miss that one..... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-16-2019

Busy morning.  Groomer here doing dogs.  Running errands.  Town stuff starting at 5.  Watering.  Heat index at 105 today.  New Cadillac XT4 is great. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-16-2019

heats up around here too 103 at 9:00 , headed into Yuma to VA and then some shopping.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-17-2019

Yeah Jim, it did get a bit toasty yesterday. Hit 115 here, the hottest day of the year so far and our eight day of 110 or higher. Temps dropping a bit starting today though, only going to be around 108. Still, no rain on the schedule until this weekend. "Monsoon season" is now over a month old and all we've seen so far is a few trickles, enough to mess your car up, but not enough to count as rain.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-17-2019

95 already.  107 heat index forecasted. Errands and a meeting in Raleigh later this afternoon.

Jim, good luck with VA.

Enjoy and stay cool all.

PS: where is Tom hiding?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 08:05 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: ...PS: where is Tom hiding?

look up a couple of posts, he says he's heading on vacation for the next two weeks, and my not be able to stop by here as often... When he gets to the Grand Canyon, he can look to the south and wave, I'll try to wave back. Welcome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-18-2019

Thanks Don.  Hotter and more humid.  Heat index forecasted to be 113 Sunday.  Slight shower last night.  Off to meetings.