The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-22-2019

Good morning all, and a happy new work week to most of you. For us retirees, just another day... Applause

Got lots of clouds around, humidity is way up, over 40% and the dew point in 64 degrees, just ripe for some storms tonight. Our "monsoon" season is over five weeks old now and not a measurable drop of rain yet. The TV newscasts keep showing clips of flooding and water rescues along with lengthy lessons on what to do when a storm hits. The problem is that all these clips are from years past. As for the lessons, well, they're all common sense stuff, don't drive into a flooded wash, don't drive around barriers and get inside when there's lightning or heavy winds.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-23-2019

2.3" of rain and still raining lightly.   Icon_e_biggrin   Had a busy day but now relaxing.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-23-2019

Got some rain here too last night. Some areas got some flooded streets, others, like our neighborhood, got a few puddles here and there. Lots of folks without power as well. Right now it's hot an humid, I heard one TV weather gal utter the words, "heat index".... Not common language for around here, but then she said that the humidity is up in the 60% range along with the dew point being ultra high. A good chance of more storms tonight. Nothing like back east so I'm not complaining. I probably will when the electric bill comes though.... Crazy

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-24-2019

Morning.  67 degrees and low humidity.  2 3/4 inches of rain.  All plants are happy.  Ribbon cutting at noon.  Lunch with Frankie and his coworkers at 1.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-24-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and 82 for today.
Some rain yesterday evening gave the grass and garden a nice drink.
With the cooler weather we are cleaning and rearranging the garage.
We tossed some things that have been declared no longer needed.
Actually the garage isn't that bad but my wife feels like she has to clean something everyday. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-24-2019

Good morning, a real wet one here. Lots of rain overnight, started back again around 6:00 and was heavy for around another hour. Large wildfire still causing concern just north of Flagstaff. Several small communities were put on evacuation alert. Fire is in the tall pines and folks in Flagstaff are beginning to worry, not only because of the fires, but they are preparing for flooding even though the rain is helping those fighting the fire.

Not much more rain down this way for the next few days, but more on the schedule starting this weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2019

64 degrees.  Beautiful day out.  Off to Human Services Board.  Enjoy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-25-2019

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 58 this morning with a high supposed to be about 80 with a 30% chance of rain.

3789.4 miles of pure fun. It was a terrific trip with lots of wonderful scenery. No big adventures to speak of (other than the trip itself) but lots of memories and lots of pictures.

Don - I waved and hollered. People around me thought I was nuts. Oh, wait - most people think that already.

Jim - There are many beautiful places in Colorado but with a limited amount of time and a schedule to meet I had to pick and choose.
It's good to be home again. I'll figure out the mileage I got later but a quick inspection of the gas charge slips show sometimes getting close to 40 mpg. On the agenda for today is mow the yard and start the laundry. May also get in a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-25-2019

Good morning all, glad to see you made it back home unscathed Tom. I did wave back, but it was kind of hazy here so you probably didn't see me. 2285_ Sounds like you enjoyed the trip, everyone should see the Canyon at least once in their lifetime. It's been a long time since we've been there, but our memories linger on....

Temps here today should be around 106, normal with a decent chance of rain. A few hot (110+) and dry days until next week. You can tell the folks that have lived here for a while, they're the ones that have a smile on their faces when they mention the rain we've had. Us old-timers will take rain here anytime it's willing to show up...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-26-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 69 headed for sunny and 85. Looks to be a nice day but a little breezy with winds up to 25 mph. Got about a quarter inch of rain yesterday spread out over several hours.

I did get the laundry caught up yesterday but that's all. I accomplished nothing else. Just rested and watched movies. Feeling much better today. Lots to do, including the stuff I didn't do yesterday. First up is a trip to the store. Then get the yard mowed and maybe change the oil on the car. At some point I also need to get the car to the car wash. I have 10 states worth of insects stuck to the front.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-26-2019

Good morning all, here we are on the brink of yet another weekend. Just hard to fathom that we're a few days away from August already. The school supply at Walmart looks like a tornado hit it. School starts back in August, when, I haven't a clue, but it's a bit different from one district to another. Been a very long time since we had our kids in school. When I was going to school back in New Jersey, the school supplied everything for us, paper, pencils, pens, art supplies, books and even book covers. You name it, we got it. I don't know what it's like back there now, but here in Arizona, kid have to supply everything, teachers fill in the gaps when needed.

No rain today, suppose to start again early next week. Temps are definitely  up there as is the humidity...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-27-2019

Warmer and sunny.  Mow grass and Lowes.  Enjoy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 70 headed for sunny and almost 90. Gonna be a warm one.

Got all my projects caught up yesterday. Today I need to run the edger around the sidewalk and change the oil on the car. Also plan to get a bike ride before it gets too warm. Bought a couple ears of corn yesterday for supper this evening. Along with some burgers on the grill I'm already looking forward to supper.

Gas prices dropped 4 cents yesterday morning. Down to $2.48.9.

9 years ago today I sold my Fiat.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-27-2019

Good morning Blue. 
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood in southeast Ohio and it was a beautiful week for me. 
I had a visitor from the north and we spent 4 days documenting the railroads in the area. While we were doing that we also solved all of the worlds problems,
It looks like a good day to catch up with the mowing, at least the fenced in section where the dogs are free to roam. 
Time to fill the coffee section.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-27-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and high 80s for the next few days.
We took advantage of the low 80s this past week and did our annual see what's in the garage cleaning.
Youngest son got some new milk crates for free so I converted cardboard boxes to crates on the shelves.
I have been getting e-mails from the "Z" have any of you fellers got them?
S.J.