The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-04-2018

With everything predicted for the weather, we ended up with major wind gusts and snow blowing horizontally down the street too fast to land.

Went down to model a bit and the cat climbed into my lap and stayed for an hour, demanding attention.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-05-2018

Morning. Chilly sunny start. Warming fast. Chores here. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-05-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 29 at the moment, a little warmer than yesterday. High for today is supposed to be in the low 40s. We won't see temperatures that high again until the middle of next week.

Got all the laundry caught up and the bills paid so I can live in the house for another month ant least. Also have an appointment made to replace the water meter. The city is replacing all the water meters with some fancy high tech thing so they can monitor everything I do.

Don - appreciate the offer of the cactus but right now I am blessed with 22 house plants already and don't have room for another.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2018

Good morning everyone, we did make it to 92 yesterday, and more to come. Don't know who to believe, but the forecasts are all over the map.

Tom, our cactus is best kept outdoors, they'd kind of not be too friendly with the house plants. Nope A few that we have in our front yard are well over 7' tall.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-05-2018

My iMac has an unknown problem. Any attempt to update the operating system from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 fails with no error indication. It runs quite normal but skips the last five minutes and after 20 minutes is the system back to the original step. That is currently no problem because 10.13.4 has no new functions I want to have or any important fixes.
But what do i do when the next new release or version with important content fails too?

I have to bite the bullet and setup an entire new system to be sure it can be updated. That ...... work started late this afternoon and I hope to have it completed on Sunday evening.
Reinstall application by application, set the old parameters in the new application and import the data from the old to the new system.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-06-2018

Morning. Headed east to the farms. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-06-2018

Greetings, gang.

24 and windy outside my window this morning. We've already had our high of 27 so it looks like the remainder of the day will just be crappy. Record low predicted of about 12. No warming until the middle of next week.

Quiet day yesterday. Got some grocery shopping done and in the afternoon I worked on the flooring for the stars a little. Feeling better today so I may work on the stairs some more.

Don - (one hour interruption because my daughter called and was in a talkative mood) I don't know if they would survive our winters.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2018

Good morning, almost noon here but it's been a busy morning.

Tom, I don't know if I could handle 24 degrees, I remember driving through Flagstaff a few times when there was snow on the ground and all I could do was to get out of town quickly. Yeah, I do remember seeing cactus coated in snow, and it does snow down this way, it's rare and usually it's a bit north of Phoenix, and it's gone in no time. Right now, it hasn't a chance, temps just a few degrees shy of 90 and headed to 92 today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-07-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 14 degrees this morning, stupid cold for this time of year.

Spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday. Daughter called and rambled on for about an hour. Then son called on his drive home from Dallas back to Houston and talked for an hour. In between phone calls I got all the materials figured out to finish the stairs. Need to fill in the area under the lip on each tread and each are is different, varying anywhere from a quarter inch to an inch and a quarter. Furnace is running too much to saw indoors and it's too cold to saw out doors. Maybe this afternoon when it's supposed to hit the low 30s. Tomorrow a half a foot of snow has been scheduled and Monday will be sloppy out due to the melting snow so the next chance will be on Tuesday when we're supposed to get to the mid 40s.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-07-2018

55 degrees and raining. Temps to drop this afternoon as Tom shares some of his weather with us.

Col's 1 year old birthday party this afternoon late.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-07-2018

Hello Blue
We have sun but only 32 degrees.
Sad news this morning, one of the areas biggest railfans and club member passed away overnight from complications of a heart surgery.
None of us or him knew how serious his condition was....RIP Victor.
A small train show tomorrow, one that Victor use to be the head guy of, I'm sure he will be tomorrows conversation at every table.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-08-2018

Morning. Chilly start but warming fast. No snow no thanks to SJ.

Sorry about Victor.

Have a good week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-08-2018

We have a wonderful sunny Sunday with temperature up to 72°. A great spring day.

My iMac setup is complete and all software is brand new installed and customised. I do not plan the next scratch setup earlier than in six years. I hope it will last that long :-)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-09-2018

Good morning all, start of yet another workweek for most, just another weekday for those of us that are retired.

Temps still in the 90's, some forecast 100 by Wednesday, others aren't so wild. We won't know who's right until the next day, when some of them will show their, "I told you so" smirks.... One had 100 for Wednesday, then down to 81 on Friday when some of those squiggles on their maps dip down into the lower part of the state. I can't believe that we're still seeing shots of new snow around the country. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-09-2018

Greetings, gang.

More stupid weather under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 28 degrees with a predicted high of 39. Picked up another 3 inches of snow overnight. Warming trend starts tomorrow with highs in the 60s by Thursday but only in the low 40s for next weekend.

Very quiet day yesterday. Today I need to go out and shovel again. May use the snow blower even though there isn't a lot of snow. That will help burn off the gas so I can drain the tank for the summer. Also need to finish up my taxes for the year.

All stay safe.

Tom