The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Very foggy outside my window this morning. 67 right now headed for the mid 80s and sunny before day's end. Got about a half inch of rain yesterday. much needed around here.

Spent the day resting and today will be more of the same. I need to make a Walmart run but nothing urgent so that may wait a day or two. Only activity for today will be a short bike ride after the fog lifts.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2019

Good morning all, got kinda hot yesterday, the van showed 109 outside late in the afternoon. The TV gal says expect up to 115 in the next few days. No chance of rain until next week.

Got a few things done on my layout yesterday, finished the trackwork under  the chapel and secured the chapel in place. Don't know if I want to continue with the trackwork or just detail around the area that I've finished, then continue on. Let's see, trackwork is not high on my list of things I like to do, doing scenery is, so I guess I have my answer...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 58 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning but clouds are supposed to move in later. High for today is only supposed to reach the mid 70s.

Very quiet day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up and went for a short bike ride. Today will be busier as I'm feeling more rested from my trip. After breakfast I'm headed to Menards and Walmart. I need caulking for the lawn shed and I want to give it time to cure before the rains currently scheduled for tomorrow night through Saturday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2019

Good morning everyone, I think we're going into hibernation for the next week or so. Temps are headed up, some say up to 115 for the next week. Some chance of rain and lower temps starting around Thursday of next week. But hey, this is our monsoon season, so anything can happen. Oh, our lows are in the 80's, last night it was suppose to be 87 at midnight, and I wonder why the A/C is going all night. Got an offer from the utility company, if we allow them to put solar panels on our roof, they'll give us $30 a month off our bill. I get a bit suspicious when they want to make us any kind of a deal.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2019

Had nice rain yesterday afternoon late.  Farms got it too.  Some had pretty bad storms.  May have more later today.  Taking Wifey's CRV to get new tires.  Probably wash pickup and park it for a few.

Built two of these stairs for us old guys to get into stands.  Climbing metal steps almost straight up is not fun.  Climbing out is even worse.  One more to build.  Give us total of 5 with stairs.
[Image: enhance]

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-14-2019

Hello Blue
A nice stretch of weather here in the 80s. We do need some rain though.
Most of my activity has been weekends with birthday and graduation parties.
I am just enjoying the summer and feel sad that it's almost over.
A big issue on OGR about copyrights, be sure if you post pics online that they are free to post. Some hotshot lawyers are jumping on the copyright issue. A new place to grab a buck.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-15-2019

Good morning everyone. For the record, I'm not sorry that we're getting to the end of summer. We'll still be in the 100'suntil sometime in October and we're all saying, "enough already".... Just got my electric bill, just short of $300 for July, and we keep the A/C set fairly high. I can imagine the bills for those that keep their A/C in the low 70's.

Not much else going on, got a break today so I can spend some time on my layout. Got a few ideas to try, that's what makes this hobby so interesting.

Nice set of stairs there Frank, just that for some folks, you reach an age where ladders and stairs are things that really fight back.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2019

Greetings, gang.

58 and sunny right now headed for 78 and cloudy with a 40% chance of rain tonight. At one point the chance for rain was up to 70% but it's fading fast. We really could use some around here.

Got my shopping completed early yesterday. In the afternoon i got the caulking on the shed so if I ever do get some rain I'll find out if my latest attempt at repair actually works. Nothing planned for today other than to mow the yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2019

Morning.  Cloudy with chancer of rain.  No rain????  High 80 with super humidity.  Heat index near 100.  That is a lot of humidity.

Cross fingers.  Nothing on agenda.

Have a happy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 08-15-2019

getting ready to head north tomorrow to the high country were the high temp is going to be 85  with night time low of 58  Eek  burrrrr , need to pack warm clothing and the flyrod.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-16-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 with an expected high in the upper 70s. No rain in the forecast now until tomorrow night.

Got the yard mowed and the bike ridden yesterday. Also had a conversation with some of the neighbors. There were 4 police cars at another neighbor's house. Apparently a domestic dispute, according to a neighbor who is more familiar with the situation (he lives next door to them).

Nothing on the agenda for today other than a long-delayed trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2019

Good morning everyone, well, so far we've had 22 day of 110 or higher this year and we've got more in store. Yesterday was 114, today could go to 115. Lake Havasu City is looking at 119. Bullhead City, also on the Colorado River, used to be even hotter, but then someone got the bright idea to put the measuring instruments on some grassy area and their official temps dropped considerably. They didn't want to drive away the tourists heading to Laughlin to gamble.

Might run the van through the car wash today since there's no rain in the forecast for about a week. How they know that it could rain a week or more ahead of time is beyond me, but I guess it's good that they at least try.... Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-16-2019

Morning.  Same old same old.  Hot and humid.  Wifey SUPPOSE to go to the beach to visit Niece [SisterIL too].  We wills e how the wind blows.

Jim, good luck with the fishing.

DAZ, HOT!!!!

Tom, enjoy the easy life.

Lunch with a School Board member.

Have a happy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-16-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
By mid Sept. the summer season starts to change here in lower Mi. Winter usually shows it's ugly head by Thanksgiving.
No train news, a graduation party tomorrow for #3 grandson.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2019

Good morning all, back again to another weekend of fun and games. Well, some of us anyway....

Temps plummeting to 111 yesterday and 106 today. if Jim is headed to the high country, he'd better bring his long johns, just in case. Icon_rolleyes However, our humidity was so low the other day that the "it feels like" temp was several degrees below the actual. Wednesday should be a bit sticky, temps up to 115 with a chance of rain.

So much for the weather report, no much else to talk about around here though, so have a great weekend and enjoy whatever you weather is like where you are. If not, like Jim, you can always head up to the High Country....