The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2019

Good morning everyone, yup, we broke a high temp record yesterday, old one was 112, new one is now 113. Today should be a walk in the park, the record is 110, the forecast is 114 to 115. Got some early things to do, then it's just stay at home for the rest of the day. They're saying that this is one of the hottest years on record so far and I can testify to that.

Got a sort of question, or a point to ponder. Ever watch a TV commercial and comment how neat the commercial was but you can't remember what they were selling? Or maybe you got to the end of one and still had no idea what their product was? How about, watching one that was so annoying that you wouldn't have their product if they gave it to you? I say this because I think commercials are getting way too "off the wall", silly, stupid and pseudo-funny. One full minute of a bunch of people having a great time because of WHAT, (beer, shoes, skin cream, a new car, waffles???), or two minutes of the side affects of a medicine that you have no idea about what it's used for.... Just thinking out loud again. Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy 68 degrees outside my window this morning with possibly some more rain on the way. High for today is only supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Still battling the pinched nerve. Comes and goes. One time I can stand up with no problem. 10 minutes later getting up is an adventure. Had this problem before and eventually it will go away. Rode the bike for a while. Examined the shed floor again. No leakage while it was raining but a couple of hours later the floor is definitely wet again. My next attempt at a solution will be to empty the shed and pull out the floor. Then lay a sheet of plastic to cover the entire area and then put the flooring back in. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what I can do next.

Laundry is the only thing on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-21-2019

Don - you snuck in while I was typing. Wife and I have commented many times about the commercials and how pointless/stupid they are. My theory is they have to keep getting more and more outrageous just to attract attention. Just my 2¢.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-21-2019

Good morning...the topic is my favorite....stupid commercials.  I have a few favorites, but Liberty, Liberty, Liberty is at the top of the list....not only are the commercials stupid but the theme song took a real rocket scientist.   Another that sets me smiling is J G Wentworth. At least they have some singers with really great voices and I hope the ads lead these folks to a brighter future. It would be sad to invest all the money in Julliard and only get work singing in commercials. 

I remember when Ford advertised their tailgate step and Chevy jumped right on the "sissy step"  Now all Chevy has to talk about is the great tailgates. 

Some commercials over the years are classics and if you have never seen the ads for a Trunk Monkey it is a worthwhile google for sure. 

We have a pleasant morning in Southeast Ohio with cloudy skies and a comfortable 80 degrees and low humidity. 

Frank, I bet you are counting the days until you get your life back. I admire you for participating in politics but you have done your job over and above what many would do. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-21-2019

Hello Blue
Just checking in with temps 85 to 90. Lot's of sun very  little rain.
I think Da Chief's legacy will be the high school he was able to get built in spite of the nay-sayers and the usual political resistance.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-22-2019

Good morning all,  yeah, we did it again, another record-breaking day yesterday. It got up to 114 in Phoenix, our van showed 114 around 2:00 in the afternoon here in Surprise. Today starts the easing off and possible chance of rain for the next few days.

Watched "America's Got Talent", last night, got four out of five right on the worst acts, most often, that becomes obvious. Been watching that every year since it started. Lots of great acts over the years and some really dumb ones as well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-22-2019

Greetings, gang.

56 and sunny with a predicted high of 75 and sunny.

Off to a late start this morning. got the laundry caught up yesterday but no bike ride. Too chilly with occasional sprinkles. Just enough to make it too wet to ride. Nothing planned for today until late afternoon. Thursday evening group will meet for the first time in a month. Everyone has been busy this summer.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-22-2019

Today was early out [Human Services], haircut and Town stuff.  Red Robin with Wifey, hunting partner and his Wifey.  1" of rain this evening.  Was going to farms tomorrow.  89% chance of rain all day.  Think not.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-23-2019

Greetings, gang.

Skies are clear this morning and predicted to remain so for the rest of the day. 54 right now with a high in the mid 70s.

I've been taking it easy all week due to back issue. Yesterday afternoon I was feeling pretty good. Started on a bike ride and lasted about 3 blocks before I turned around and came back home. First time I've had back pain while riding the bike. Plan for today is to take it easy again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2019

Good morning everyone, got a bit of rain yesterday, unfortunately, it stayed to the east and missed us completely. Some forecasts show some rain the next few days, some don't. Some forecasts show low temps, others don't. Getting so that I suspect that they just toss a coin when putting their forecasts together.

Tom, we gave up riding bikes years ago. For some reason, they don't make seats that fit either of us. That, and the time I had to have a rotator cuff repaired when I straight-armed it after hitting a curb. You're doing good with you bike riding, I wish I had your stamina. I don't blame your "backing" off for now..

Went to Sam's Club yesterday and passed by a whole line of, uh, Halloween candy and stuff. That's well over two months away. I'm sure Walmart, Home Depot and Target are chomping at the bit to dig out their Christmas tree displays. Man, how time flies whey you're having fun.... Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-23-2019

Morning.  Very warm and humid.  Our super TV station, who has commercials of people saying dependable weather forecasts, messed up again.  Last night, 80% chance of rain all day.  Now 40% until late.  Messed up my trip to Edgecombe to build stairs to last stand.  Well, mow fast growing grass [due to rains].

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-23-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and 70 going to 75.
Home from Aldi's.
For some reason(wife) I feel grumpier than usual. No fight.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-24-2019

(08-23-2019, 06:15 AM)ezdays Wrote: "backing"

[Groan!] Did you really have to say that?

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 56 this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s again.

Got out of cooking last night. Went to dinner with friends. After dinner we came back to my house and sat on the patio for another hour just shooting the breeze. All in all a really pleasant evening. Rib cook-off downtown today so I think I can avoid cooking again tonight.

I think today I'm going to tackle the shed project. Take everything out, pull up the floor, put the plastic sheeting down, and put everything back. Hopefully that will cure the seeping of water up through the bottom. If anyone is in the neighborhood you're more than welcome to stop by and lend a hand.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-24-2019

Doing little things getting ready for the open house in November.
Yeah, I procrastinate, so i have to start early Smile

Drying out and cooler here after 2 days of rain. Grass is way too tall, but its very wet.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-24-2019

Morning.  Cloudy and 40% chance of rain.  Probably rain all day.  Weather guessers worthless.  Never rained until last night.  2 1/4 inches.

Wifey trying to drive new Caddy.  Backed out of garage.  Checking tire pressures and getting them right.  [use gauge display on a menu for dash display  had too much air in tires]  She didn't know how to put car in park.  Kept pushing the shift lever forward.  "You don't move lever.  You push the P button on top of lever.  Goes into park." 

Rib cook off.  Oh boy!

Have a good one.