The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-24-2019

(08-24-2019, 06:24 AM)FiatFan Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 06:15 AM)ezdays Wrote: "backing"

[Groan!] Did you really have to say that?

Tom

Uh, yup, I'm not backing away from that pun... Nope

I know this won't make you feel any better, but I'm well aware of what lower back pain is all about and how it can restrict what you want to do. All we can do for now is to joke about it and hope it goes away.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-25-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 at the moment. Supposed to be cloudy all day. Slight chance for rain tonight but 80% chance for rain tomorrow.

With the rain chance that high I should be able to get a good test of all my hard work yesterday. Started about 10 and finished about 4. Emptied the shed, pulled up the floor, put plastic in, and put everything back. Took a little longer because of a couple of unexpected delays. First one was when I put the plastic in 90 degrees off. Had one of the 4X8 sheets of plywood in place and couldn't figure out why the plastic was too short. I knew I had left extra material on the end. Then it dawned on me. Pulled up the plywood, turned the plastic, and everything worked much better. Second delay was just as I finished putting the floor back in place. Neighbors were out so I talked to them for about a half hour.

Nothing planned for today other than keeping a bottle of ibuprofen handy, just in case.

Don - honestly I love puns and use them as frequently as possible. My kids (and wife) always hated me for that.

Frank - never made it to the rib cook off. I was too tired after all the work in the shed. Pancakes were a poor alternative but required a lot less energy. I understand what your wife is going through. After I got my new car I narrowly avoided accidents while learning all the new gadgets and gizmos.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-25-2019

Good afternoon, I like puns, unlike pranks, they are harmless and funny and show a clever sense of humor. I like Alton Brown (food network), he is one of the punniest people on TV.

Not a drop of rain the past few days, I guess a "10% chance of rain", should really be announced as a, "90% chance of no rain". Temps are up and down all week with a few low hundreds and a few 110+. Some even have a few rain days, but none of this is really worth repeating, so if it rains, it rains, if it's hot, it's hot, but we don't need to guess what's the weather like in a few days....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-26-2019

Hello Blue
Lower Mi. is enjoying a cool down. Sun and 75 for today.
No A/c for 3 days now, windows and patio door open.
We do need some rain. There has been lot's of rain but most has missed us.
What was green grass looks like a field of straw.
Tired this morning, helped a club member move his layout lumber to his newly purchased home yesterday.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-26-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy 65 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 75 but I have my doubts. 70% chance of less than a 1/4 inch of rain.

Very disappointed in the rain forecast because I doubt that will give me enough rain to test the repairs on the lawn shed. Not a lot I can do about it though. Only thing on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym and a quick stop at the grocery store for some milk.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-26-2019

Good morning all. Been seeing articles about the price of gas going down. Apparently, the folks around here missed that message, gas has jumped up to ten cents a gallon the past few days. We're a good fifty cents above the national average.

Above average temps, no rain. I saw an article where there are people trying to get a mass bunch of us to wash are cars in hopes of it bringing on the rain. Kinda like the "storm Area 51" thing. We're way behind on our summer "monsoon" storms. Good idea, I did my part. Misngth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-26-2019

Morning.  Busy and Wifey had computer tied up most of morning.  Why did I buy you a laptop?  Off to meeting on food security.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-27-2019

Good morning all, early even for me, not even 5:00 here. We're all waiting for the rain. No rain dances but the underground says that we should all go to the car wash on Friday. One usually knows what happens after you just washed your car, they're hoping that a mass wash will do the trick. Our monsoon season so far as brought only 0.27" of rain, only a tenth of what's normal.

Ahh, the word is out, ex-sheriff Joe is running again for sheriff. That should be loads of fun, he spent 20 years in that office and retirement is not an option, but I suspect he is cashing his retirement checks regardless.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

58 and sunny headed for 75, sunny, and windy with winds up to 30 mph. No bike ride today.

Yesterday definitely did not go as planned. The rain yesterday failed to materialize. This after our friends at the NWS at one point saying we were supposed to get up to 3/4 inch of rain. It all went south of me. Very disappointing. No rain in the forecast for the next week at least. Never made it to the gym but I did walk for about an hour yesterday afternoon. Then about 5 I got a call from my grandson. His wife's birthday was yesterday so we all went to supper at a local sports bar. 17 people with 4 generations on both sides. Fun evening. Dinner lasted about 2 hours and after that I stood in the parking lot and talked to my daughter and her husband for another 20 minutes.

This morning I need to make a Walmart run. I was thinking about going to the gym but going to Walmart I always lose interest in that. I'll walk again this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Forgot to add gas price here dropped 8 cents over the weekend. $2.31.9 last night

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-27-2019

Morning.  Of to Raleigh to lunch meeting and then another meeting.  Then home and clean.  Train buddy from Cerritos CA due tomorrow.  Driving his El Camino all the way here and back.  WOW  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2019

Good morning all, yet another hot day yesterday, the 27th day this year at 110 or higher with a couple more yet to come. Got to wait until next week before we see any rain. Most of what we've been getting stays up in the high country or down around Tucson.

Not much going on today, maybe a bit of time to work on my layout. I'll be posting a few photos soon.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-28-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning turning to sunny, a little breezy, and not too bad. 54 right now headed for 75 with winds up to 25 mph. May or may not go for a bike ride today.

Somewhat disappointed yesterday when I opened the lawn shed. There was about an 8 inch diameter damp spot on the floor, even after I put the plastic down. Today I'll be pulling up the center section to see if I can figure it out. Nothing much else on the agenda.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-28-2019

Morning.  Sun and humid.  Front coming through and humidity dropping for several days.  Buddy from CA not getting here until tomorrow.  Going by Charlotte [Concord] for NASCAR and Lionel headquarters.  Hope storm in Atlantic stays off shore.  Now some say may hit FL.  No one needs a storm.

Clean up in Train Box today.  Wifey creating errands.  Mow grass again [due to so much rain]. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today. Very little rain.
One of wife's sisters is here for a few days, gotta adjust my daily routine slightly.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-29-2019

Greetings, gang.

61 at the moment after a surprise shower just moved through. Nothing in the forecast about it. Supposed to be sunny and 83 today. Cooling down for the weekend with chances for rain Friday night and Saturday.

Very quiet day yesterday. I did go for a bike ride. Was planning on 17 but decided to quit after 12. Haven't ridden enough this summer and thought I better quit before I got blisters where guys shouldn't get blisters. After some ruminations I decided to rearrange the lawn shed so that I can easily pull up the center section of the floor after the next rain (too dark to see anything after this morning's rain).

Only thing on the agenda for today is laundry. Late afternoon will find me at my usual Thursday evening group.

All stay safe.

Tom