The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-06-2019

What hurricane?  Good Lord looked after us.  No power loss.  1.8 inches of rain and was needed as dry. Farm reports no power loss and no flooding,. Had rain needed for crops as real dry. It is farther east. Sun is pooping in and out. Weather guessers are jumping up and down as eye wall touched Cape Hatteras. Its going out to sea. 

Mow grass later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-06-2019

Just say helicopter footage from North Myrtle Beach up to Beaufort NC. No roof damages at all. Only damage was at Emerald Isle. A camper mobile park where tornado hit earlier. That is a good report.

Sun is out and wind is gone. Put flags back up.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-07-2019

Greetings, gagn.

Cloudy and 58 with 100% humidity this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s. Chances for rain anywhere from 30%-60% through next Thursday.

Got the laundry all caught up yesterday. Went to my 55th high school reunion last night. About what I expected. 95% of the people ignored me. Not going back for the dinner tonight. Not worth the 90 minute drive.

This morning I have great-grandson's football game. This afternoon is college football at 2:30. Tomorrow morning is Formula 1 racing.

Got a call from my grandson yesterday afternoon. Turns out I'm babysitting for 2 weeks starting next Friday. Newest great-grandson's is going on vacation for a couple of weeks and I'm kind of the last resort. Gret-grandson is 9 months old so it shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words!).

Frank and all east coasters - glad you escaped the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2019

Good morning everyone, yet another hot day, "only" 108 they say. But we are due for a cold snap, again, "they" say we'll be in the mid to high 90's with good chances of rain for most of next week. Then back into the triple digits once again. Hey, don't they know that in a few weeks, snowbirds and geese will be flocking here, they may just turn around when they find that it's still this hot. Oh, and baseball season is still with us but they're already announcing the spring training schedules. That's like putting up a magnet for a certain group of snowbirds that come here just for that.

Wise choice Tom. I remember being invited to our 50th reunion. It was being held in New Jersey where we went to school. I thought about it for a few seconds and like you, thought, why would I go clear across the country to see a bunch of people that ignored me all through school and would probably continue to do so if I did show up? So I didn't give them the chance. My wife did likewise when she was invited to her reunion for the same reasons.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-07-2019

Good morning. Another perfect day in southeast Ohio. starting off with 54 at 5:30 this AM but warming nicely.  
I never attended any of my class reunions either. If you weren't in the "click" you were totally ignored. I didn't even want to go to the graduation ceremony but my mom said I would regret if for the rest of my life. I went, I would not have regretted it for even a minute. Of course all of the chosen ones gave speeches on how they were going to make great changes in our town, and they did. The population was 27,000 in 1961, now it is 13,000.   Icon_e_biggrin  Great job folks.  I moved 12 miles north 47 years ago. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-07-2019

Beautiful day.  No damage.  Mowed grass and etc. yesterday.  Enjoy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-07-2019

back from extended trip to Colorado did 702 miles yesterday kinda tired to day , but as they say no rest for old men have 4 boxes of peaches to freeze and three boxes of olathe sweet corn to freeze. gona be a while before we get caught up.

fishing was  ok a bit thin in the high country as the dry summer last year killed off a lot of fish in the small streams but did manage to catch a 16 inch native '

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-08-2019

Good morning everyone, rise and shine, or do you have to do that on a Sunday morning? Nope  Reached 109 yesterday, close to the record high, but we did tie the record low-high at 89.  Suppose to get to around 100 today, under 100 for the next few days with a good chance of rain. Well, let's take Tuesday. One source says 20%, another says 80% chance of rain. I'm always complaining about how much off these people are, but, if it rains, they're both right, and if it doesn't, they're still both right.... My forecast, 50% chance of rain everyday through to next year. Can't go wrong with that, and they don't even pay me for my forecasts. Icon_rolleyes

Jim, sounds like you got some good eating in store. Never thought about stocking up the freezer with in-season produce.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-08-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cool, breezy, and 60 right now and only headed for a high in the upper 60s with a slight chance of rain.

Had fun at great-grandson's football game but not so much fun watching college football yesterday. F1 race starting in a few minutes so that will take care of my morning. Third Sunday in a row with no newspaper. Getting old. New carrier starts tomorrow so maybe it will improve.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-08-2019

Morning.  Summer is back.  Hot and humid all week.  Busy this week too.  Off to Church.  Have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-08-2019

Good morning all. Another beautiful day here. Currently 61 degrees and mostly sunny. I have started vacuuming the layout. It is almost 10 years old and it does't show it, but it is time to do the first decennial cleaning. I will rearrange the buildings too for a different look.  I have decided to remove some of the rolling stock, I have too many cars and locomotives on it to actually run trains on the branch lines. 
Everyone have a good day. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-08-2019

Hello Blue
It is 66 degrees @ 4:50pm. Stayed cloudy all day.
Friday the 13th will also have a full moon. Better plan to have someone lock you in you room.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-08-2019

102 this after , haven't been out much froze 20 bags of corn and 12 bags of peaches . no time for modeling till we get all the freezing work done.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-09-2019

Good morning and welcome to yet another workweek. Well, even us retired dudes have work of one sort or another.

Yeah Jim, it got a bit hotter here than that and no rain. Suppose to be a good chance of that tonight through tomorrow morning, I'm getting tired of waiting. Some TV channels are showing old videos of storms and floods and telling us what to do when it happens. All for naught, we've had maybe one decent storm all summer, and it was too brief.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-09-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 with a rumble of thunder in the distance. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s, a bit warmer than yesterday's high of 67. Chances for rain continue through Thursday.

Quiet day yesterday. Shed floor is remaining dry. i did get my paper yesterday without having to call. On tap for today is a trip to Story City for an eye exam. Then a couple of hours wandering around a very small town while waiting for my eyes to readjust.

All stay safe.

Tom