The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-09-2018

Afternoon. Busy busy day. 59 degrees and sunny but suppose to rain.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-10-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 at the moment headed for a high of about 50. 60s tomorrow and Thursday and 70 on Friday. Then back to the 30s and 40s for the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. I did finally get my taxes done. Not much else accomplished. Today I'm headed for the gym then I'll start working on the stairs again. It would be nice to get them finished this week but no promises.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-10-2018

Good morning all, hot, about 12 degrees above average, but they all agree now that we won't hit 100 tomorrow, just 98 or was that 95????

We are moving along with moving to the new server, no firm dates yet, but we still have a bit of tweaking to do first, then test everything to be sure. Our server host says that we've been stressing our resources, even though things are rather dormant so that's another thing Packey will have to resolve before we make all the changes.

One thing, we are getting rid of some very old threads, like some of the original Hobo Camps and Weekly Photo Fun, but we are keeping at least the last four or five years of them. Other threads will remain, we're just trying to reduce the database to make the move a bit less challenging. it could take eight or more hours to move the database, and the less we have to move, the easier it will be and the less chance of screwing up. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-10-2018

Afternoon. Busy day from early on to now. 61 out. Now to do my spread sheet for CPA for tax doing tomorrow AM. Strange. I do all the work, she fills it in on the computer, files and then charges me. Icon_lol Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-11-2018

Morning all. 45 and warming fast. Only high 60's where its normally low 70's. Winter just will not give up.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-11-2018

Well Frank, I'll tell you where Spring has sprung. right here. To be sure, I think we bypassed Spring and went right to Summer. All those weather guesser that backed off of 100 were all wrong, it did hit 100 here yesterday. And yes, we had to turn on the house A/C for a while, fans just don't cut it when it gets that hot. A swamp cooler would have worked, humidity was at 6%, so yes, it was a dry heat as usual.... It's suppose to get to 98 today, and then the high for Friday should be in the low to mid 70's.

Got the A/C guy coming this morning to check things out since we just moved in a few months ago and the A/C unit has never been replaced.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-11-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 right now headed for a high in the 60s for the next three days. Then highs in the Saturday 40s through at least next Monday. Winter just does not want to let go!

Had a decent workout at the gym yesterday and then worked on the stairs. Dragged the table saw and the chop saw outside. The table saw is a small cheap one from Menards but it suits my very limited needs. Got all the flooring cut for the first three steps and then removed the old flooring from the entryway. Started cutting new flooring and started doing stupid stuff so I quit for the day.

Still haven't decided whether to go to the gym today or just work on the floor. May get the bicycle out and go for a short ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-11-2018

Hello Blue
Well while some are warm we are still getting March weather. 37/50 for today, cloudy and windy.
An early lunch then off to a funeral home to say goodbye to a friend and club member. A true train fan. If it was trains Victor would be there.
nothing else going on in my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2018

Greetings, gang.

Bright sun and 37 degrees in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be 60 but that's what they said yesterday too. Never made it past 55 with a cold wind. Up to an inch of rain predicted for tomorrow and tomorrow night

Got all the new flooring cut and put in place down to the entryway. Also got 4 loads of laundry done. Today will be a big push to get the rest of the steps (8) done. If I can get them all done today then tomorrow I can work on the quarter round and other detail work without making a big mess in the house. This evening I'm off to a neighboring town for the school concert for one of the recently acquired great-grandsons.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-12-2018

Morning. 68 degrees and climbing fast. Think spring has sprung. Got a field trip for Food Security Task Force this afternoon. NRA banquet this evening.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-12-2018

Good morning all, a bit cooler and breezier today. Tuesday was 100, yesterday 96 and today only 81. Tomorrow back into the 70's for a high. No rain in sight though. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-12-2018

Our gas report: Costco has gone up to 121.9/liter. And they're the cheapest in town.
We drove out to submit our passport renewals today. Quite rainy at times, but probably worse tomorrow.
Pedestrian killed walking along railway tracks today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-13-2018

Good morning all, the start of a fine weekend I hope. Not sure how hot it got yesterday, but we had the A/C on for a while. It was very windy out, seeing reports of them closing I-10 between here and Tucson, which usually happens during our "monsoon" season, and other roads being closed because of power lines down. Yeah, we had a lot of dust, but not like our summer dust storms, now called "haboobs". 35

Gas is going up as fast as a helium balloon. I saw $2.699 at a station that was selling at $2.27 just a few weeks ago, and $2.559 just two days ago. Name brand stations are now well above that price. "They" say there's an oil price increase (dah) and the "summer changeover" (also dah). I find it hard to believe that the same station chain has different prices throughout the area, sometime varying in stations just a few miles apart.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-13-2018

Happy Friday the 13th, gang.

Cloudy, very windy, and 43 degrees at the moment. Winds at 25-30 mph out of the east. Winter storm watch has been posted for tomorrow through about midnight. 3-4" of sow with strong winds predicted. It was supposed to be raining now according yesterday's prediction but so far all the rain is to the north and west of me.

With the delay in the arrival of the rain I should be able to finish cutting out the new flooring for the basement stairs. Only have 5 risers left to cut out. Would have finished yesterday but daughter called and rambled on about nothing for an hour. Had to stop early so I could go to newest great-grandson's school concert. Fun evening.

Today I also need to make a run to the grocery store and get some gas for the snow blower.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-14-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sleet and wind with 34 degree temperature this morning. Winds have died down to only 20-25 mph. Overnight we had sustained winds of 35 with gusts near 55 mph, not a good time to fly a kite. So far there's an inch of rain since this all started late yesterday afternoon. Next up on the weather agenda is 4-6 inches of wet heavy snow for tonight and tomorrow with more high winds. Blizzard warnings have been posted for the counties immediately to my north and west. Glad I got stocked up on food yesterday. Now, if the power doesn't fail...

Finished cutting out all the flooring yesterday. Today I'll be attaching it permanently. I'll be glad to see this project in the rear view mirror. Still need to pick out the trim for the edge of the steps.

Gas price here on Wed was $2.45. Yesterday when I was out it was $2.55.

All stay safe.

Tom