The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 09-09-2019

well its a muggy hot afternoon here went to town as we ran out of freezer bags , wind is bad here  clouds but no rain .tomorrow I go to va in Yuma to get my hearing aids worked on .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-10-2019

Good morning folks, even with a good chance of rain, we got nada.... zip. Confused about today and tomorrow. Some say 20%, others 50% for today. One says 50% for tomorrow while another says 0%.

Spent some time yesterday going through the structures that I saved from my old layout. Lots of damage, enough that I think I'm going to have to get a contractors license to do all the repairs.... Most were in bags, so all the bits and pieces are there, a few though may have to be condemned as being structurally unsound. Well, I can always build new ones, which is something I like to do anyway... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 with clearing skies and a predicted high in the low 80s. Got some rain overnight but haven't been out to look at the rain gauge yet.

Got my eyes tested yesterday. Lenses haven't changed but cataracts are starting to develop. If it gets worse I may have to do something about it but doctor says that's a ways down the road. Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-10-2019

Goofing off today.  Seems strange.  A few errands to run.  Off to Edgecombe for a Board of Adjustment meeting about a variance on an adjoining property.  Drive back tomorrow AM to work on stands.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-11-2019

Morning.  Board of Adjustment in Edgecombe was a joke.  Violated all grades of state laws.  Delayed action.  Will explain later.

Off to Edgecombe to work on last stand.  HOT and HUMID. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-11-2019

Greetings, gang.

Thunder, lightning, rain, and 73 are the weather words for today. After the rain moves through the sky is supposed to clear off and the temp should hit the mid 80s. Could be a humid, muggy day.

Nothing happened around here yesterday - other than having to call for my newspaper gain. When the guy finally did bring my paper he sounded more like a police raid, banging on the door and yelling in to the house even though the door was wide open. If the rain lets up soon enough I'm going to make a Walmart run. Olny other item on the agenda for today is setting out the trash can.

Tomorrow I start my babysitting job for the next two weeks. Taking care of my 9 month old great-grandson while regular babysitter (his grandmother) goes to Greece. I was talking to her last weekend and told her she should take him with. She jokingly said no, he was why she's taking the trip. Have to be there by 7 and it's a half hour drive so I need to be up and around fairly early. I'm generally up by then but not necessarily around. Anyway it should be interesting.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-11-2019

Good morning all. Yet another "up to a 50% chance of rain day" has become just another dry day. We are down a good 2" for the year. That may not sound like a lot, but we are normally only at a little over 5" at this time, and we can blame it on the weather-guessers. Well, they take credit when there is rain, or sunshine as they forecast, so why not take the blame when they're wrong?

Gave up on my computer, there's no way of repairing the boot record. Bought a refurbished HP with the same specs. Fired it up and it decided to upgrade, just like the last one did when it went south. Started getting the same messages as the other one. Was a few steps away from taking it back when it recovered and I was able to get it to go back and finish the upgrades. Haven't a clue as to why this one got through that and the other one didn't except maybe a bad HD. Also got Win 10 pro on this machine. So far I can't see any difference.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-11-2019

Good morning Blue
        I'm glad your computer got through the updates.  I notice every time Win 10 updates I have to reconfigure and sometimes I have to find a new default program because something has been removed from the operating system.  I liked the old windows photo viewer but it was lost several upgrades ago. I had found a registry entry that would bring it back but it is gone permanently with the last revision. The windows replacement is just too darned slow so I am using a free 3rd party program and I may like it even better because you can turn on the EXIF information so it is seen to the left of the picture. 
       We are to have storms for the next 3 days so I will have to stand by with the Benadryl for our 10 year old female dog. She has anxiety  attacks with the thunder. 
        I plan on working some more on cleaning the layout and then I hope to work on my Aerotrain. 

Cheers
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-11-2019

We went to the pipe band's last outdoor event for the year. Into their first medley we felt a few drps on us. The Dayle heard thunder and that was it. The rain was supposed to hold off until after 8, but we made it home by 7 and then the road became wet. Then it really boomed. I think it's stopped.
On the way home we saw a double-decker bus being towed. It continued all the way down the main road and the flashing lights went out of sight.
Canadian election began today -- I think we get 40 days of it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-12-2019

Greetings, gang.

72 and dark at the moment with lightning in the distance. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s again.

Off on my babysitting adventure in a few minutes.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-12-2019

Top o' the mornin' to ya all. Yeah, St. Paddy's Day is well past, but believe it or not, I'm starting to make doctor appointments for around the next one coming up in March.... Stores have had Halloween stuff on display for weeks now, and I've been seeing flickers of Santa here and there.

You're right Charlie, I try to shy away from updates, something usually gets screwed up, but this was a major upgrade. MS says they would no longer be supporting to older version of Windows 10 and we needed this upgrade to version 1903. This machine that I'm on did the upgrade flawlessly, the one that I bought about a year ago faltered and got it's boot record damaged beyond repair. I checked with Dell, only to find I now had to pay to get answers to my questions since its warranty expired two months ago. I now have a parts machine with a bad HD. The HP that I just bought had a hiccup during the upgrade but I guess I pushed the right buttons and said the right chants, because it recovered and eventually upgraded. There are now even updates to the upgrade. You'd think they'd do it right the first time, constant updates and upgrades kind of takes away your confidence in your OS.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-12-2019

Morning.  Great day goofing off [three calls already on Town stuff].  Hot and humid.  

Tom, enjoy dipper duty.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-12-2019

Hello Blue
Oh boy you guys out west shoulda got yesterdays rain. It poured so hard that everything outside flooded almost instantly
I too dread to see a windows 10 update, hold my breath every time I get them
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-12-2019

Good Morning. 
Humid here at the Wilderson division and I have 78 degrees. Have an appointment for car service at 2 PM. the first 4 oil changes /maintenance service were included when we bought it. This is the third one at 9200 miles and the car will be 2 in January. After that I will do them once a year. I worked car dealerships for 20 years and we really oversold oil changes. With today's cars they are sealed so tight they don't get near the dirt and grime they used to. 
The cleaning on the layout is about 66% done. I am cleaning track buildings and rolling stock as I go. It isn't bad as far as the layout but some of the 50 year old  rolling stock wasn't cleaned well when I put it back in service. Same thing for some of the old buildings. 
Cheers.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-13-2019

Good morning all, yet the end of another week. Well, actually, that's tomorrow but we usually count the weekend separately.

Did a really dumb thing. I spent all day yesterday trying to get my new computer working right. I kept getting "missing files" boot error messages to the point that I went ahead and reset the OS. It took two hours to make it factory-fresh and I was still getting occasional boot errors. Then I remembered, I had put in a thumb drive that I copied boot files to a while back and the computer was trying to boot to that USB drive.
--------------  Icon_redface   35  Icon_redface   35 Icon_redface ----------------

Hah, old age strikes again..... Waiting  The next challenge, getting this and the new machines talking to each other.

Getting ready for another hot one today, around 105. Again, temps under 100 and rain (supposedly) starting tomorrow.