The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, windy, and 56 this morning. High for today is only supposed to be in the low 70s with continued strong winds. Got another 3/4 inch of rain yesterday.

Yesterday went extremely well. Baby is cheerful and entertains himself for the most part. Day 2 of the diaper war is under way with a continuation of yesterday's good behavior.

When I got home yesterday I checked the shed floor. I had stood it up on edge to see if water would collect on the plastic sheet underneath. The plastic was dry but the damp spot on the floor board had grown, nearly doubling in size, even though the board was tilted so that the damp area was sheltered from any rain that might get in. I am completely out of ideas. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-13-2019

Don't do anything stupid today. Its Friday the 13th with a full moon a-comin tonight.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-13-2019

Morning.  Nothing on agenda until middle afternoon.  Food security meeting in Raleigh.  Then big bash at PNC Arena.  Free food and beverage.  
Keep the spooks and goblins away tonight. 

Enjoy dipper duty, Tom.

Charlie, bought this nice handheld vac.  Light weight and easy to carry.  Good suction but not too much.  Cleans layout well.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-13-2019

(09-13-2019, 07:39 AM)sir james Wrote: Don't do anything stupid today. Its Friday the 13th with a full moon a-comin tonight.
S.J.

Did all my allotted stupid yesterday. Just not going to do much today to continue that trend.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

52 and mostly sunny this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s and breezy with winds up to 25 mph.

Saturday is upon us and of course in the fall that means football. Great-grandson has a double header at 10:30 and 11:30. Then college football tonight at 7. This afternoon will find me doing laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-14-2019

Good morning all, 8AM and we're at 91, suppose to top out at 99, 100 or 103, with a 10%, 20% or 40% chance of rain. Pick the winner, but I'm not getting the van washed until Wednesday, that's when they all agree the rain will go away. Hmm, maybe I'll wait until next weekend, just in case.

Still screwing around with my computers. Trying to set up the network, A can see B, but B can't see A. Only changed around 45 setting to get to this point.... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-14-2019

(09-14-2019, 09:14 AM)ezdays Wrote: Good morning all, 8AM and we're at 91, suppose to top out at 99, 100 or 103, with a 10%, 20% or 40% chance of rain. Pick the winner, but I'm not getting the van washed until Wednesday, that's when they all agree the rain will go away. Hmm, maybe I'll wait until next weekend, just in case.

Still screwing around with my computers. Trying to set up the network, A can see B, but B can't see A. Only changed around 45 setting to get to this point.... Waiting

I gave up trying to network with win10. XP was automatic, no problems but Microsofts excuse was it was insecure so in order to protect the innocent they made it so difficult I gave up. I can see and work files on my XP machines but not the other way around except on certain days. If I go to network places sometimes the other computers are there, hit or miss. 
I use usb hard drives so if I want something bad enough I can move it via them 
I spent half the night soothing our 10 year old Samoyed. She is very anxious during any storm, major or minor.  A benadryl  capsule helps but I sit with her and leave the light on.  
Its a nice day here after the storms last night. 

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-14-2019

Morning.  Been working outside.  Cleaned Wifey's pond filter.  Other things.  Cooler temps but higher humidity.  So sweat.  Spray Glas Star Plus [Roundup] in a few.  Wanted to cool off.  Big blow suppose to go out to sea now. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-15-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 65 this morning with a predicted high in the mid to upper 80s. I must take a moment here to recognize the stellar forecast provided by the National Weather Service yesterday. The predicted high was 85 - actual high - 70. And I had to empty a quarter inch of sunny skies out of the rain gauge.

On the other hand the bonus rain did provide me with the opportunity to sit in the shed while it rained to see if I could find the leak. There is NO rain coming into the shed. I am completely baffled as to why that particular spot gets wet when it rains.

Not much planned for today other than a bike ride.

I took a different route to moving files. I use netork attached storage so that all 4 computers can reach any files needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-15-2019

Hello Blue
Today was gloomy but yesterday was a beautiful 75 degrees for our Detroit 3 Railers outdoor meet. We had 2 modular layouts running.
One was Standard Ga. and the other was Lionel Fastrack, 4 loops kept trains running well into late evening.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - OBJack - 09-15-2019

Hi everyone, first time in here (I think) just dropping by to say I am working on a new layout, amongst other things, and will post again soon on its progress. New house projects commissioned by “The War Office” take precedence. Also I am re-learning DCC  stuff from 5 yrs ago., and I am trying to go with a computer operated layout using Railroad & Co. software.  ? Which takes a lot of brainpower this fellow doesn’t still possess.
We are taking a vacation thru Alaska, the Canadian Rockies and eastern Canada at the moment so no time for train stuff other than the real thing. Ie: Polar Express, Rocky Mountaineer, and Via Rail across Canada from a Jasper. 
Tom .... maybe there is a water main/Reticulation pipe/sewage line/overflow line/poor water proofing  etc that is weeping under your garage floor.
Jack

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-16-2019

Good to hear from you OBJack, I was about to send you a check-up email. Enjoy your trip. 
Quiet and cloudy here today. More layout cleaning. Should finish up today then to work on the out of place stuff that doesn't show until I take a picture to post. 
Have a great day everyone. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2019

Good morning everyone. I just had a thought, maybe when they talk about a 40% chance of rain (which the did for over the weekend), they really mean that it'll rain in 40% of the area (which it did for over the weekend). We, of course, were in the 60% area. Got lots of wind though. Still have rain in the forecast for the next few days.... yeah, sure....

Jack, good to see you found the Hobo's Camp. A good time to be going where you're going. Always wanted to go up that way, I hear that it's a beautiful trip. Cool too.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-16-2019

Morning.  Slept late.  Coffee and bagel.  Still rather warm and humid.  Wed and Thurs will be in the 70's with lows in the 50's.  About time fall got here.

Tom, glad your dipper duty is over.  Enjoy the rest.

County Commissioners tis afternoon.  Mayors' Assoc. tonight here.  Fried shrimp, flounder, chicken and bar-b-q with trimmings. 

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 09-16-2019

16.09.2019  18:58 MEZ
Translated: 16th of September, 2019  1858CET 

Hello Folks,

i am back again. Due to internet trouble, yes Germany is an devloping county in matters of fast internet, it was not possible for me to log in here.

heartly greetings Lutz