The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - OBJack - 09-20-2019

Good afternoon gentlemen, we have just finished our “trains & tour buses” trip across Canada from Vancouver to Toronto. Absolute majestic scenery from start to finish. Rocky Mountaineer, Banff, Lake Louise, Whistler, the Icefields Parkway, and finally a 3 day, 3 night Via Rail trip from Jasper to Toronto..
Next stop Niagara Falls.. it is hard to appreciate what we are seeing as we are not stopping more than a few days in each destination to thoroughly explore the area. But we are getting a great overall impression of your part of the world.. Icon_e_smile  
Jack 219

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and very humid this morning. 71 with 91% humidity. Just had a brief rain shower but nothing else on radar at the moment. Winds are supposed to hit 30 mph later.

Not too bad of a day watching the great-grandson. He is a really good kid and for the most part entertains himself quite well. He did manage to fill his diaper 3 separate time, including one that leaked out. Yeah, that was kind of messy. Only thing on the agenda for today is maybe a kids football game at 9:30. This afternoon will see the return of the high excitement activity of laundry. Then college football at 7.

Jack - sounds like an excellent trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-21-2019

Good morning all, hard to believe, but we're almost into Fall and out of September. Yup, two more days and Fall is officially here. Wonder when they'll be putting out the Halloween stuff... Oh yeah, it's been out for a month now. Walmart has these 12' ghouls and ghosts by their entrances, not sure how much they are, but I'm not all that interested in finding out. Next up is Santa although I've seen some Christmas stuff up in a few places already.

Suppose to have a huge chance (70%) of rain by Monday. A tropical storm is going up the Baja Peninsula heading our way, and could turn into a hurricane, so they say... But, there's still that 30% of wiggle room for it to be high and dry...

Ya all have a fun weekend, Jack, it sounds like you already are. 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-21-2019

Good morning. Sunny and dry in Southeast Ohio
Jack, You will be close to Wayne and Nutbar when you are in Niagara Falls. Enjoy your travels. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-21-2019

Morning.  Beautiful day.  Off to judge plates of bar-b-q.  Will be full.

Grandpa must be feeding his Great Grandson well.

Jack, sounds like great trip.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-22-2019

Hello Blue
We have sun and 80 for today. Yesterday's 85 gave us some evening rain. More expected today.
I watched Saturday football and got 2 wins out of 3. 
Going out with some friends this afternoon, looks like a nice day to be roaming about.
Only meals Da Chief will eat are the free ones.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-22-2019

Greetings, gang.

Rain is the weather word for today. It's been raining since I got out of bed at 6 and radar indicates it's going to continue for quite some time. 65 now headed for 69.

Went to great-grandson's football game yesterday morning, did laundry yesterday afternoon and watched college football last night. Also took a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Watched the F1 race and don't plan to do anything strenuous for the remainder of the day. Cold is still kicking my tail.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-22-2019

Well, it's afternoon already and no rain. I guess when they say rain today, they mean tonight. I hope so, even our cacti are looking peaked from no water. It's not suppose to get over 100 today and even down into the high 80's by the end of the week. Don't know, right now I'm sweating and we have the A/C on which means the humidity is getting up there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-23-2019

Greetings, gang.

Dark and 51 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with sunshine. Got over 2" of rain yesterday.

Yesterday morning I had a couple of street walkers in my yard. The deer come out of the park a block north of me. Nothing accomplished yesterday. Today is week 2 of Diaper Wars.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-23-2019

Good morning all, so far not a drop, even with up to a 90% chance of rain. Well, the day has just started, but what happened to the rain that was suppose to come last night????

Got some "me" time today, I'll probably split it between loading up the new computer and putting down some ballast and continue to do repairs on the damaged structures.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-23-2019

Afternoon all.  Busy morning.  Now errands.  Dry here and warmer.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-24-2019

Good morning all, a very wet one here, at last... Worship Watching the noon news yesterday and seeing folks paddling down the flooded streets in their Kayaks and water rescues from flooding and so I look outside and not a drop, i was all on the east side of the valley. That changed about 1:00 when we got a downpour for about a hour. Then again in the early evening and got woke up with the thunder and lightning. Mother nature is making up for her shortcomings this summer. We even had a tornado spring up to the north of us. Suppose to have more, over the next few days.  Applause Applause   Rain good, floods bad, tornadoes not good either, but it's been a long time coming so we take what we can get.

Worked on the layout a bit yesterday, got some ballast down and worked on structures at the repair depot.

I was being sarcastic the other day when I mentioned stores getting out their Christmas stuff early. Well, Walmart fulfilled that, they now have all their Christmas trees up and lit. I didn't check if they have their decorations on the shelves, but why not.... Hey, we still have a full month before Halloween. Gotta look around for the Valentines Day stuff, probably right next to the jewelry department.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-24-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 67 headed for sunny and 82 with strong to severe storms predicted for tonight.

Got home yesterday and crashed. For some reason I was more tired than usual after watching the little one. Doing ok this morning. He's been sleeping for over an hour. After I'm finished here I need to gas up the car and go to the bank. May hit the grocery store also.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-24-2019

Wow. Afternoon. Wifey took over MY computer this AM doing State Garden Club stuff. Had to leave to get haircut, picky meds for Wifely and then get food plot seeds. Rested as Wifey was watching Comancheros with John Wayne. Now some things to get ready for trip east tomorrow to start feeders.

Hot and dry.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 59 this morning with a predicted high of around 70. Had a minor thunderstorm move through last night. Thunder, lightning, and rain. Don't know how much rain yet. Too dark to see the rain gauge.

Got all my errands run yesterday after "work." Only three more days and I can get back on my own schedule. Nothing planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom