The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-25-2019

Good morning all, drying out a bit here, but still lots of new mini-lakes all over. These are intentional catch basins around sub-divisions to hold runoff and they are doing what is intended. We're supposed to get more later today and tomorrow, so all-in-all, that would be just fine. Kind of funny, but yesterday morning it was wet, overcast, a bit chilly and dismal-looking out, yet everyone we saw greeted us with a, "great day today!" That's how we think around here. We didn't get out of the 80's the past few days and the rest of the week. Tomorrow might not even get past 78. A few weeks ago, our low was higher than that....
Great day today!!!! 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2019

Hello Blue
It's 70 degrees here in lower Mich. Going to 75.
No breaking news, just thought I'd check in.
The fall train bug is starting to kick in.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-26-2019

Out the door to Human Services Board.  Got deer feeders started yesterday.  Had a good trip.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-26-2019

Good morning everyone, a wet morning I'm pleased to say. Lots of thunder and lightning during the night, but we'll take all that. We could have more later today, but right now, the rain has stopped. Still have the A/C running, not that it's that warm, but the high humidiy is making it uncomfortable and the A/C takes the moisture out of the air. Sometimes we only have a few days between when we turn off the A/C and turn on the heat.

Got some time today to continue putting down ballast and doing repair work. That could keep me busy for a while since a few structures are a complete rebuild.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-26-2019

DAZ, we had so much rain.  Now we can't buy a shower.  Need it for peanuts on my farm and sweet potatoes for neighboring farms.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

63 at the moment headed for 69. Supposed to be a 60% chance for rain but I don't see that happening.

Almost done with the diaper war. Today is the last day. I'll be glad to get back to my own schedule. The only sad part about this whole thing is that he will not remember how much fun we've had over the last two weeks. There will be a small (1 person) retirement party this evening. It could get wild and crazy as I may have a second Corona.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2019

Good morning everyone, yet another Friday is upon us. The first on of Fall, the last one in September. The local TV station has a poll during their noon news. This one was, "Do you have your Halloween decorations up yet?". Some 6% said, "yes", another large bunch (can't remember the percentage) said, "this weekend". I guess that's OK, it might be fun if you have young kids at home, but it's good for the economy regardless.

Frank, we're just about done with this storm, it did rain during the night and that should be it. I'll talk to the folks in charge and see if they won't send it on to your area. Not sure how much rain we did get, some areas here got drenched and probably got 3" over the past few days, us on the west side had to settle for around half that. Pretty good since 3" just about doubles our rainfall for the year. but it's what they get at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport that goes on the record.

Tom, you deserve that second Corona....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-27-2019

Morning.  Breezy and warm.  Big national bluegrass festival in Raleigh all weekend. 

DAZ, no rain here so will be watering Wifey's gardens.  Rifle forum GF lives in the southern part of AZ.  She has taken photos for me to see the green as the rains hit her too.

One good thing about this high is no tropics thingies coming in.

Early train to Charlotte held in Durham. Man on the tracks hit and killed. Loading folks on buses. Why? Move the body and send it on. I am guessing suicide by train. I'm sure NS had sent freights through earlier. Train will sit for hours

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2019

(09-27-2019, 07:31 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Morning.  Breezy and warm.  Big national bluegrass festival in Raleigh all weekend. 

DAZ, no rain here so will be watering Wifey's gardens.  Rifle forum GF lives in the southern part of AZ.  She has taken photos for me to see the green as the rains hit her too.

One good thing about this high is no tropics thingies coming in.rly train to Charlotte held in Durham. Man on the tracks hit and killed. Loading folks on buses. Why? Move the body and send it on. I am guessing suicide by train. I'm sure NS had sent freights through earlier. Train will sit for hours

Frank, the thing we have to be concerned about is that when we see green, it's always weeds since we have gravel on our yard, front and back.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-27-2019

Frank:
Back when I was commuting to the big city, one of the trains ahead of us hit someone. One of the passemgers on our train came to the cab and said "I'm the Toronto coroner. If you can get me to the scene, I can clear it up and get you moving." There was a CN truck beside us in 5 minutes.
While we were waiting, he told us that he was re-writing the rules so that if it was obvious what happened and what the victim died of, someone else could move the body and restore traffic. I don't know what happened to that.

SWMBO had some Hallowe'en decs out last weekend -- the pumpkin car was added to the Polar Express. I think there's also a gondola load of pumpkins.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-28-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 51 at the moment in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s.

Finished diaper duty yesterday and got paid - 3 home grown tomatoes. Best paycheck ever! Had a wonderful time with my great-grandson but I'm glad it's over. Today has started out blissfully slow. No watching the clock and no worrying about forgetting the needed supplies. On the agenda for today is some much neglected yard work. I need to pick up more acorns along with some leaves. Then it will be time to mow. This evening is college football at 6:30.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-28-2019

Forgot to mention gas price. It was $2.59 last weekend. Dropped to $2.31 in the middle of the week and now it's back up to $2.37. Go figure.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-28-2019

Good morning all, it should be a nice day here today temps in the high 80's to low 90's through all next week. I though we were finished with the rain, but there's a slight chance of more for tomorrow and later on next week. This week, we got 1.65" in Surprise, Apache Junction go close to 4", and the Phoenix Airport only got 0.2" and that's what gets recorded. Lots of flooding out in Apache Junction and up just north of us in in New River. This rain is still part of the monsoon total, which drives us from the second driest on record, to the sixth driest. I know you just couldn't wait to hear that. Icon_rolleyes 

Planning on going target shooting in the desert on Monday, so I hope it's dried out enough. The "road" going to where we shoot usually has some really flooded deep ruts in it and I no longer have the truck that can navigate them, but determination will get us through.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-29-2019

Greetings, gang.

The day is off to a gloomy start. Clouds, fog, and mist are the weather words for this morning. Right now it's 57 headed for a high near 70 with off and on chances for rain throughout the day.

Got all my yard work caught up yesterday. It took two trips to the yard waste disposal site to get rid of everything. This morning I watched the F1 race. It wasn't very exciting as I dozed off toward the end of the race. Only thing on the agenda for today is assorted trips to the kitchen for food. I haven't been able to get into the MR forum at all this weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-29-2019

Good morning all, yup, it's still morning around here for a good half-hour. A few of those guessers had us at a 10% chance of rain today. We could see some rain up in the northeast as well as some towards the west, so I guess they were right, 10% of the area here got rained on. Right now, it's clear and just nice in the mid-80's.

Just going to kick back and be lazy today, the world owes me that....