The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-05-2019

Greetings, gang.

Rain and thunder as I type this. Half inch of rain overnight and more coming down now. 51 at the moment with a guesstimated high in the low 60s.

Wound up going to a play at the local community theater (or theatre, depending on where you are). Neil Simon's California Suite. It got off to a slow start but picked up nicely through the middle and was hilarious by the third act.

Today is going to be mildly busy. Laundry and college football will take up the bulk of my day.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-05-2019

60 degrees.  Tom finally sent cooler temps.  High is suppose to get to only 69 today.  All this after 100 degrees Thursday.  An all time high for that date in history.  Also, hottest day this year.  Crazy for October.

Off to swear in new PD officer.  Then errands.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-05-2019

Good morning all, I think you guys are hogging all the cool air. We're still into the 90's, pushing 100 on Monday. In all fairness, I think Tom should be sending some of that our way.

Busy day today, duties just kind of piled up and need to get done....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-05-2019

We went off to Mennonite country today for lunch. Coming down the road, we were stopped to let a steam train go by. I checked and they are running the steamie again on Thanksgiving Day, so we ordered tickets.
They don't have anyone selling tckets at their stations, so we had to go onine.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-06-2019

Good morning everyone, that had to be exciting David, I see all sorts of trains, being so close to the BNSF line, but never once have I seen a steam engine there. Once in a while I'm pleased just to see a passenger train since there is no regular passenger service anywhere near here. Glad you got tickets to the run on Thanksgiving. The best we could do here is the Polar Express with a steam engine on the Grand Canyon RR, but that's not one for a few Octogenarians to be spotted on. Nope

Temps in the mid to high 90's dropping into the 80's later in the week. Humidity and dew points in the 30's, making it kind of sticky and uncomfortable for us. Still have the A/C on. Got a letter from the electric company wanting us to change to a "demand rate". They said it would save us around $90 a year. Read an article in the newspaper yesterday saying that they're wanting everyone to change to that rate structure. Now you have to ask yourself, why would Public Service want everyone's rates to go down even if they're using the same amount of electricity? I remember years ago they asked for a rate hike because people weren't using as much power and their revenue was down.... Got to wonder... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2019

Greetings, gang.

43 and cloudy this morning with a predicted sunny high in the low 60s. No rain til Wed or Thursday.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up and watched my team pull out a nail biter as time expired. Nothing planned for today.

Got a big Windows update Friday evening. Now my computer keeps dropping the internet connection. Have to restart sometimes. Other times it comes back by itself. Not sure if it's Windows or my ISP. Seems to strike most frequently when the computer goes to sleep. Annoying.

Don - rather than me sharing the cool air maybe you could send some of that warm air east.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-06-2019

Church.  Now headed east to Bar-b-q House.  Sent word to Larry I was coming.  That usually means Jeanie has chicken pastry on the menu.  

Back Tuesday and Wednesday to finish getting all ready for deer season Saturday.

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-06-2019

Don:
We saw the GCR's Polar Express when we camped beside the station. Wasn't steam. Don't forget your PJs.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-07-2019

(10-06-2019, 08:03 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don:
We saw the GCR's Polar Express when we camped beside the station. Wasn't steam. Don't forget your PJs.

Good morning everyone. the GCR used to run steam all year, then in the winter only. Now I thought that they did on special occasions. A pity if they've stopped it all together. I remember the first time we took the train I expected there to be a steam engine pulling us, and was really disappointed that it wasn't. That was quite a few years ago and I think it was the first summer they changed to diesel engines.

Today should be hot, 99 is in the forecast but so is 96 and 97. Close enough I guess.... Temps start to drop and should be in the 80's with lows in the high 50's sometime later this week. Even the guesser aren't sure what day that will be.

Got some time today to do a bit more on the layout. I have an area near the Chapel that I want to work on. BTW, there was this nut that went up to the real chapel in Sedona last week and started swinging a lug wrench around causing lots of damage. They put video on the TV and one person recognized him and so he's been arrested, but the damage has been done and it will take some time to restore things. Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-07-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 42 this morning with a predicted high in the mid 60s. Same forecast through Wed. Then it turns rainy and cold with highs only in the 40s through the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Went for a walk for about an hour. Kind of spoiled the benefits by stopping for and ice cream cone. Also replaced the spout on the bathtub. This morning I'm headed to the gym and maybe go for a bike ride this afternoon. Rest of the week will be too windy or wet for bike rides. Slept til after 7 this morning.

Gas price down to $2.21.9 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-07-2019

Hello Blue
Summer has turned to fall. High in the 60s for today.
Gas here in lower Mi. is around $2.65 right now. It goes up and down quite often here.
No special plans for today. Breakfast is waiting.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-07-2019

finally finished with all the fall harvesting and now can get back to the important  things in life , like modeling and fly tying.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2019

90 degrees on the weather station which is in the sun.  Oops.  Just dropped to 87.  Cloud must have been by.  Watering and watering.  No rain in sight.  Wifey makes busy work outside.  Off to lunch.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-07-2019

Sorry, should have said that we were at the GCR about 10 years ago.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-08-2019

Coffee hot.  Edgecombe bound.

Have a great day.