The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-28-2019

Busy day yesterday after Church.  Wifey and I rested up last night.  70 degrees and breezy.  Off to the hunt until tomorrow night.

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-29-2019

Good morning all. Well, we did go target shooting yesterday, it was windy and jacket weather. We mostly just shoot at plastic bottles with some water in them for ballast, making it easier for us to clean up when we're finished. The wind was gusting so strong that our bottles were blowing over as we set them down. Once we hit a target, it would start rolling away. It wasn't a particularly fun day, but still, any day target shooting (just like modeling or running trains), is a good day. Someone, or a group, has been by to clean up the area. I wish they didn't have to do that, and that those that bring things out to shoot at, pick up their messes and take everything back with them when they go. Kudos to those that took the time and energy to make the area presentable. We always do our part to keep it that way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-29-2019

Greetings, gang.

23 and cloudy this morning after a light dusting of snow, mainly on grassy areas and vehicles that had been sitting all night. Southeast Iowa got as much as 3". High for today near 40 so the snow will disappear quickly. More snow predicted for tomorrow night but no amounts guessed at yet.

Got the leaves picked up yesterday afternoon and a trip to the gym yesterday morning. Also finally got the new household insurance set up. The previous company pulled out of Iowa so there was lots of scrambling to get new coverage. Same coverage and a few bucks cheaper so win-win.

This morning is a swimming day at the gym. Also need to haul the leaves to the yard waste disposal site. This afternoon I'll probably repair the turnout so I can continue breaking in the new switcher. I read a review of it on MR. They claim "28 cars on straight level track." Mine struggled pulling 4 cars up a 2% grade.

Gas prices jumped overnight. Sunday gas was $2.33.9. Yesterday the price had jumped to $2.49.9.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-29-2019

Well, this guy was watched all last year.  Thought he might grow to be an he didn't.  So, "Not going to let you walk this year."  Big deer for eastern NC.

[Image: enhance]

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 29 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 40s. No snow here but eastern Iowa could get 4-6 inches.

Routine day yesterday. Got rid of the yard waste and swam for a quarter mile. It's going to take a while to get back to the half mile mark. Also worked on the track in the train room. Got the brilliant idea to modify an Atlas turnout. Still working on it but so far progress is good. I'll head to the gym this morning and clean up another batch of leaves this afternoon. They sure look pretty on the trees but not so much when they're on the ground.

Frank - nice looking buck.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-30-2019

Started raining.  Fred is in a "hole" of no presip so he can hunt till about noon.  Going to rest up.  Clean rifle as probably not shoot again this eyar.  That is, unless monster buck comes by.  

Photo of my buck at my feeder across from my favorite stand.

Now I have these.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-30-2019

Good morning all, early temps in the low 50's, wind gusts up to 40mph making our wind chill somewhere around -20, or so it feels to us that had 100+ just a few weeks ago. Crazy We should be in the mid-80's this time of the year, but not today.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-30-2019

Frank, that is a nice buck, you should get some nice steaks from that one.  
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2019

Good morning everyone, it's suppose to be somewhere around 50 outside, 46 in Phoenix. Yesterday got all the way up to 70, today may be a bit warmer, but we're still running about 15 degrees below normal. And yes, I had to turn the heat on yesterday, giving us about four days of Fall, those are the days we had neither the A/C or the furnace on. Some years that can be a few weeks, but we can go from one extreme to the other quickly sometimes....

Nice shot Frank, seems like you "bearly" beat out the other wildlife.... Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-31-2019

Trick or treat, gang.

21 this morning with a predicted high near 40 for this afternoon under clear skies.

Went to the gym yesterday morning and rounded up another herd of leaves in the afternoon. Today I'll dispose of the leaves but probably skip the gym. Have to run several errands this morning. Ran into a snag with rebuilding the Atlas turnout last night but I think I've figured out how to fix it.

Frank - any sightings of lions or tigers? Oh, my!

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-31-2019

Morning.  Cloudy, breezy and warm.  Chance of a storm this evening.  [guessers have been missing it so prob this time too]

Waffles [thick Egos] and real maple syrup.  Sausage patty with the syrup.  Coffee.

Now errands.  Dinner with SisterIL and hubby at steak house.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 10-31-2019

cold here in the low 40's , yesterday was colder 38 tried to go for morning walk but north wind cut it short.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 33 at the moment with a predicted high in the low 40s, still way below normal. Slightly warmer over the weekend but still not up to typical highs for this time of year.

Yesterday certainly didn't turn out as I had planned. Menards had an ad in yesterday's paper with a few things I wanted so errand running was delayed until today. Also decided to skip the gym. I did work on the turnout some more. Right now I'm down to getting the point rail to fit smoothly into the stock rail. Today I plan to run the errands I skipped yesterday. A trip to the gym is up in the air.

Gas prices have dropped a nickle since Monday - $2.44.9 when I was out yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-01-2019

Good morning all, another chilly one outside. Inside, well, the furnace is running right now. Funny how 80 in the summer feels cool, while 80 in the winter feels warm.

Making a bit of layout progress. Working on my residential area. Got most of those structures repaired, most had minor damage, Robb's Hay & Feed took a bit more work than the rest. Also got the Train Museum rebuilt from the ground up and repainted.

Halloween yesterday, a few years ago we got one or two groups stopping by, the following year, none. Ever since, we've just kept the lights out. Lots of houses in the neighborhood all decked out with their lights on, all I could see was a woman with a couple of kids, just not worth the effort anymore. A lot of towns, including ours, has something going to keep the kids in one area, usually in a park or activity center. I remember as a kid, going door-to-door without our parents, even stopping in the local bar, and it was fun and safe for us all. Things change....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-01-2019

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 45 for today.
I saw gas at 1 station @ $2.23. That's very low for around here.
Yesterday was a bust for the kids with wind and rain all day. The lawn feels like your walking on a sponge.
S.J.