The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-01-2019

Sunny chilly day.  Extra busy and hunting tomorrow afternoon as pastor retirement thingy tonight.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-02-2019

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 31 outside my window this morning. A little warmer over the weekend with highs predicted to be in the upper 40s but still much lower than normal.

Got my errands run yesterday with no drama. Not much planned for today. Rake leaves for a while this morning. Then college football at 11 followed my more leaf raking after the game.

Got a phone call yesterday afternoon saying there was a charge against my Visa card to Amazon and if I didn't call it would go through. I didn't call and I'm not worried about the charge as I have no Visa card. I did notify the local constabulary but I'm sure nothing will happen.

This evening there's a nature walk so I'm going to bundle up and go. Something about fluorescent powders and animal tracks. Could be entertaining.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-02-2019

Good morning all, a bit chilly, but it should get up in the normal (83) range this afternoon. Don't know how my body knows that it's Saturday, but I managed to sleep in an extra hour this morning. Got a few chores that I've been putting off, then maybe do something on my layout. Been attacking it one little scene at a time, progress is a bit slower, but then again, I'm a bit older....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-02-2019

Morning.  Chilly start.  High in the lower 60's.  Will wear long sleeves to hunt this afternoon.

SonIL shot 9 pointer yesterday.  Glad he did.  Stand I will probably hunt today.  If deer had come back today, I would have had to shoot him.  One a year is usually my limit.  Going now to watch and enjoy.  If a bigger one comes, will shoot it.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-03-2019

Greetings, gang.

31 and clear but clouds and light rain are scheduled for this afternoon /evening. High is supposed to be near 50.

The day went as expected yesterday but I didn't have to haul away the leaves. Neighbor who runs a lawn service said it was ok to dump the leaves in the back of his pickup. Yay! With the wind yesterday by the time I was done it looked like I hadn't done anything so today I'll pick up another batch. Had an interesting time on the night hike last night. Hiked for about an hour and a half up some fairly steep hills. Didn't see any wildlife but the conservationist also gave us some history about the people who lived there in the past.

F1 race from Austin, TX at 1. I'll watch the always critical start and then tape the rest while I clean up leaves before the rain gets here. I'll have to haul the leaves myself since the neighbor's pickup is full.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-03-2019

Back from Church.  Sunny and chilly.  Jacket weather.  Have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-03-2019

Hello Blue
We had sun today @ 47 degrees. Sunset is @ 5:23. Sad
A quiet day, watching the pitiful Det. Lions.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-04-2019

Good morning everyone, our mornings are also jacket weather, but by noon you can shed the jacket and bask in the 80+ heat. I think it got past 85 this weekend. One of the soothsayers mentioned something about rain, he said, "I'll talk about it later", he just didn't say how much later or I missed it when he did mention it "later".....

Got some time today to do a bit more on my layout. Hope to have enough done soon to take a few photos.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-04-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 36 degrees outside my window this morning with an expected high in the low to mid 40s with winds up to 25 mph.

No leaves were harmed during yesterday's activities. After I saw the start of the race yesterday I went outside to start cleaning leaves. It was already starting to drizzle so I went back in and watched the race. Afterwards I did some laundry. No leaf cleaning today either as they are still wet. With the addition of the breezy conditions for today I guess I'll have to postpone that project.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 11-04-2019

another week has gone by . I seem to be like the  dog chasing its own tail , never seem to get much accomplished . hate this cold weather makes my joints ache.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-04-2019

Cloudy 63 degrees.  Morning was mid 30's.  

Tom, got a thing for you to do.  Join local garden club.  I am now president of our club.  Had district state garden club meeting this AM.  Only guy there.  Attractive lady walked by and whispered, "You lucky guy, here with all us women."  Actually was OK meeting.  Speaker was boring but not too long.  Made some new friends.

Goofing off until Town Board tonight.  Big agenda. Icon_rolleyes 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-04-2019

Open house went well on Saturday. Had 16 visitors in the 5 hours we were open. Went really fast too. We all had lots of fun.
Now it's time to visit other layouts and get pictures Smile Smile

Don: have the Snowbirds made it South yet??

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-05-2019

Good morning all, almost had to turn on the A/C yesterday. Not bragging, it just got uncomfortably warm. They're saying that we might have some rain tomorrow, but not to expect it to cool things down any.

Mikey, glad your open house went well. If we have something like this here, I'm not aware of it. I remember something like it many years ago, but I haven't seen anything since then. And yes, just ask Jim Currie, he lives in an area where there are bunches of RV parks filled up with snowbirds. I've spotted so many out-of-state license plates they almost outnumber ones from Arizona. Saw one from Alaska yesterday and frequently see ones from Ontario. A long drive for some folks. Lots of RV's pulling small SUV's taking up space in parking lots and gas stations. Hey, it's good for the economy they say.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2019

Sunny and warmer.  Lunch with Town employee leaving for high $$$.  Sorry to see her leave.

Out to vote later.  Wifey at poles for two ladies.  One for reelection and one new one.  Hope they win.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-05-2019

Greetings, gang

partly cloudy and 29 after an overnight low of 22. The high is supposed to be in the upper 30s today.

Quiet day yesterday. Gas prices on a roller coaster. About 10 days ago it was $2.49.9. Then dropped to $2.40.9. Then yesterday back up to $2.49.9. On tap for today are the gym, voting, and leaf raking. On the ballot today is a resolution allowing (but not requiring) the city to establish a municipal internet service. If it ever does happen it's still years away.

Frank - good idea on the garden club.

All stay safe.

Tom