The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-09-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 29 at the moment and temps will do nothing but fall today, getting down to about 9 by late afternoon. Snow is about 2 counties to the west of me headed this way. Only supposed to get about an inch.

Very quiet day yesterday. Watched old movies, played video games, and worked on the trains. Got the track reassembled but still need to attach the feeder wire. It's in an awkward place and my ancient back can only tolerate short periods of working on that position.

With the snow on the way I'm going to skip the gym this morning. This afternoon I have an appointment to get the tires rotated.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-09-2019

HO HO HO Good morning. Rainy and foggy. 48 degrees. Slept good. Had thick Ego with butter and real maple syrup. Now get ready to run errands and have lunch with pretty blonde TV reporter GF. Been a while since we hooked up. Got more time for "me" now. Seems good.

Tom, she should have been fired.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-10-2019

Good morning, parts of our valley looked like it was in Green Bay, not Phoenix. They had about 15 minutes of hail, enough to cover everything in a blanket of white. Freeways looked like they needed to be plowed. It didn't last long, it never does, but it's always fun and confusing when it happens.Here's a shot of when it hailed at our house earlier this year. Yeah, the plate does read "EZDAYS":

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-10-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 11 at the moment. High for today is supposed to be around 15 so not much of an improvement.

The snow arrived yesterday about the time I normally go to the gym so I skipped. It was snowing and blowing so heavily that visibility was down to about a block here in town. I would hate to have been out on the highway yesterday. I did get a load of laundry done. I need to get it caught up by the weekend. Heading to Sioux Center (about 2 and a half hours away) for grandson's hockey tournament. Leave Saturday and be home again Sunday. My daughter still has a number of friends in the area so we get together Saturday evening for a pot luck dinner. I have been nominated to bring baked beans and macaroni salad.

Don - one of the advantages of being retired is that you don't have to go out and drive in that.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-10-2019

Morning.  Very warm here at 65 [DAZ] and headed to 70.  Chance of rain this evening and tonight.  Then turn colder.  Nothing on agenda today.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-10-2019

Hello Blue
Well after yesterdays 50 degrees down she goes to 20 overnight and a high of 25 tomorrow.
Waiting to see if there will be 12 O Clock news or if that circus in DC will block it out again today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2019

Good morning, gee Frank, you got us beat, mornings are in the high 40's, afternoons in the mid 60's right now, downright chilly I'd say. Looks like it's going to stay that way for a while. Some chance of rain again this weekend, but who knows, I could forecast a 50% chance of rain every day, and always be right regardless of what happens.

Been trying to take some photos of the area of my layout that I think is worth sharing, but life seems to get in the way between what you want to do and what you have to do..... Wallbang

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 14 right now with a predicted high of 16. Got an inch or so of fluffy snow overnight. Should be easy to clean up.

Quiet day yesterday. Went to the gym in the morning. Accused the life guard of moving the other end of the pool farther away with each lap. In the afternoon I got another load of laundry done. Today looks to be a repeat of yesterday with the added bonus of clearing the sidewalks.

When I went to the gym yesterday gas was $2.20. When I came home about an hour later it was $2.34.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2019

Morning.  Ho Ho Ho  39 compared to 70 yesterday.  A lull in the rain and more late tomorrow and Friday. 

Back Dr.'s follow-up.  Haircut.  Finally getting one after threatening to grow ponytail.

Have a good one all.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-11-2019

Today the temperature with wind-chill was -19C. That's as far below freezing as room temperature is above.

We have about 1/4" of "partly cloudy" on the lawn and road today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2019

Good morning everyone, slept in this morning, didn't get up until 4:05, gads.... Reminds me of boot camp, always up by 4:00, clean up yourself, then your bunk, then the latrine and hope you pass inspection.

Temps a bit below normal, still in the 60's, lows in the 40's. Chilly winds from the north always tells us that it's snowing up there, typical for this time of the year. We know someone that lives up in Prescott Valley and she says there was snow on the ground last week meaning that Ray M. has his share as well. It's been a while since we've heard from Ray, I need to give him a call and see how he's doing.

Ya all have a great day..... Goldth Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2019

Morning.  Ho Ho Ho.  Hope all are well.  37 out and up from 20's.  BR, BURRR -19C wind chill.  BURR  Rain tomorrow. 

Not a lot on agenda today.  

Hope all are well.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-12-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 at the moment with a predicted high in the upper 30s. It's already warmed up by 5 degrees since I got out of bed.

Had a good workout at the gym yesterday. Then got the laundry caught up. This morning I'm meeting a new friend. Gonna try the dating-go-round one more time. This evening one of the great-grandsons has a Christmas concert. Half hour drive, half hour concert, half hour home but always fun.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-13-2019

Good morning all, ahh, the end of the workweek for a lot of folk, some in the retail business will have to double their efforts since we're not that far from Christmas. Went to the Post Office the other day and had to drive right out, no parking spaces empty and lines of cars waiting for one to open. I wouldn't even think about going to Walmart any later than 7:00, even then the parking lot is filling up quickly.

Took some photos of the new scenery on my layout. Boy, can the camera pick up a lot of stuff you normally overlook with the naked eye. That's always a good judge of what needs to be fixed, so I guess, that's a good thing. You can always fix things in Photoshop, but then you feel guilty doing it that way.

Temps around normal here, some say rain this weekend, others moved it to mid-week, others moved it off the charts for now. The weather lady on TV says the storm could just hit to the north with snow in the high country. Boy, I'm glad these people aren't in the auto repair business, "there's a 10% chance that the noise is your fuel pump, I'll change it out and see if it goes away. Come back tomorrow and there'll be a 20% chance that it's a wheel bearing or a water pump".

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 10 at the moment with a beautiful full moon. High for today is supposed to be around freezing with snow, sleet, and freezing rain possible, Throw in some fog and we have the makings for some not too pleasant weather.

Lots to do today. Need to make macaroni salad and gather the ingredients for baked beans for tomorrow evening. Also need to make a Walmart run and gas up the car.

All stay safe.

Tom