The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2020

Church, funeral visitation and rush back to have State Senate Candidate kick off here at our house.  She asked to use our house.  Good friend.

Sunny and a lot cooler.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-05-2020

Another cold spell here staying in the 30s and 40's with wind chills in the low 30's...
Seems like we're in a pattern of it raining every weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-05-2020

Hello Blue
Some sun this morning but snow showers expected by afternoon. Hi of 35 so no shoveling needed.
My wife is healing nicely from her Hernia operation moving about the house, packing Christmas decorations and resting when needed.
No train news for now but the weekend of the18th will be a busy toy train one.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2020

Good afternoon, been a busy week last week and another one coming up, so trying to kick back a little. Watching the playoffs, but now I see where anyone that does anything decent decides to perform for the camera and crowd. Not at all thrilled with the state of professional sports and their rehearsed antics. I guess I'm not relaxing enough, so I switched to "Dirty Jobs", at least he's honest, forthcoming and his antics are worth watching.

Temps today should be pushing 70. OK for a few days, then rain and colder weather for a while.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-05-2020

hi all
haven't been on here much , this time of the year is for refilling fly boxes (all 8 of them ) , this is just the nymph box it only had 20 or so left in it.

then  its outside work just picked this beauty this morning , might be the last for this season.

been to see cartologist and gave me a clean bill as far as the heart surgery. 
will try to drop in more often.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2020

Good morning all, we did hit 70 yesterday, high 60's for the next few days. Rain still in the forecast but no one agrees on when and how much, so in summary, there's a chance for rain from Thursday on into next week. Got the Pony Express heading down from Holbrook to Scottsdale, just in time to deliver the mail at the rodeo parade. Also, a few auto auctions ready to go, a few are in Scottsdale, not sure where most are, I'm not in need of a vintage car or one selling in the seven figures. Would be too nervous to drive one of those and we don't have anyplace to put it, not saying that we couldn't afford one in the first place. Saw a piece that there's a flying car being auctioned at the Barrett-Jackson auction starting this weekend. If you're not in the market, you can still buy a ticket to walk around and gawk at the vehicles and the star-studded crowds.

Beautiful flower there Jim, all we have in our yard is a bunch of cacti and lots and lots of weeds. Gotta get them taken care of before the HOA spy drives through the neighborhood. First offense is a warning, second cost you $25 and up from there. Don't pay the fine or the monthly fees and they can take legally your house. And yes, it does happen.

Take care, and have a great week..... 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-06-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 24 with a chance for sprinkles this evening but I won't be here to see them. Leaving after lunch for son's place. Surgery tomorrow and home care after that until he's back on his feet. I have no idea how long that will take so participation here will be spotty at best.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-06-2020

High of 40 today.
Hello Blue
Love the rose
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-06-2020

Good morning!!!  Sunny, 50's and no wind.  Beautiful day.  Service Wifey's CRV.  Maybe some leaves from around shrubs.   Blow them out and grind them with mower/bagging unit.  Put them back and cover with pine straw.  Makes good soil.  County Commissioners this evening.  

Jim, nice flies.  Beautiful camellia.  I use to do my own crappie jigs but nothing like that. 

Have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-07-2020

Good morning everyone, wakey, wakey, still on my first cup of coffee, I might wake up better if I just dumped it on my head. We've been just right at 70 for the past few days, today should be the same. Everyone agrees on a chance of rain on Thursday, beyond that, it's anybody's guess. Would like to go target shooting next week, but put it off because it could rain. Something about a storm coming in from the NW.

I feel for the folks down under with their wildfires and high temps. Let's hope they get control soon.

A busy week and it's getting busier as we go. Did have a little time yesterday to work on the rural area of my layout, still, it's really slow going since I've had many do's and re-do's. I can't dedicate that much time in one chunk, so screwing up is inevitable when you work that way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2020

Morning.  50's and rain by noon they say.  Being lazy.  Nothing on agenda.  County Commissioners was interesting.  About Sheriff closing an indoor range that was partly public use.   Boils down to bad management company but not done exactly right by Sheriff.  Bad advisors.  Will be worked out.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-07-2020

morning all in the low 40's here now , have to go to town to do shopping today (:  that rose is the largest one that bush has ever  made  and in January to boot . 
C E the fly's shown are just the nymph box , use to tie down to  size 22 but old eyes and fingers that don't work as they use to limit me to size 16 with a few simple patterns in 18  but I tie up tp 2/0 in bass fly's.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-08-2020

Good morning all. A downward trend on the temps, we'll be back in the 60's for a while with rain in the forecast. Again, most seem to agree on the temps, just not on the rain. Just picked the 20th to go target shooting, and some show rain for that day, other don't, so we'll wait until the 20th and go if there's no rain, do something else if there is.

Did get the weeds taken care of yesterday. Lots of small ones just emerging so he couldn't take them all. Sprayed the whole yard so that will take care of those that are still there. One job that's well worth anything we pay to have done. Went the whole summer without weeds because it was very dry, but the rain at the end of the year gave new life to weeds.

Still a busy week, been that way since the first of the year, but looking good for the next two weeks which should give me some time to work on my layout. Picked up a sheet of white flexible plastic, can use some for my layout's fascia and some for the backdrop. Easy to cut, shape and paint. Not sure what construction people use it for, but Home Depot had a stack of it in the store. Been watching one of those painting series on PBS trying to get ideas for how to paint the backdrop. I did one a few years ago, but I could improve on my technique for sure.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-08-2020

Morning all.  We had frost!!!!  First in over a month.  Sunny and warm now.  

Where is brother Tom?  Missing for a couple of days.

Big foo foo at town board last night.  Trees cut from a project that were not suppose to be cut.  Town staff did nothing.  Town Manager did nothing.  Glad I am on this side of the Board and not up there.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-08-2020

cool 38 here ,need to get house ready for north land company  as it gets cold there we get more  visitors. not much else planned other  than working on fly's