The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2020

Got no storms and very little rain.  69 and partly cloudy.  Wasted day messing with Wifey and SisterIL.  Took them to lunch after Church.  They went into Tuesday Morning.  Over an hour later, went and got them.  Store is not that ~#%^ big.  Just got home.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2020

Good morning all. Frank, isn't retirement a hoot???? Lots of rest, do what you want when you want, no bothers at all..... Yeah, sure..... Icon_rolleyes

The storm missed us, but put lots of snow up north. Rain in the forecast for later this week, and later next week. Temps ramping up into the 70's, just in time for all those outdoor things. Spring Training is just a few weeks away, and those car auctions are in full swing.

See lots of news about the storms and tornadoes back east (anything past New Mexico is "back east" to us), we wish them the best, same goes for those folks down under with those fires. Glad to see that we're sending firefighter from here to help.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-13-2020

Rainy and extra warm.  All week the guessers say.  Now better than rainy and freezing.

Nothing much today.  Tomorrow Dentist cleaning.  Wednesday, busy with a special Human Services type meeting.  That night Church group.  Thursday morning, Human Services Regional Networks [I'm chair].  Retired?????

Prayers for Tom's son.

Hope all OK with storms and snow.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-13-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 at the moment with not much change for the day.

Son's doctor appointment went well this morning. He's at work now. If all goes well today I'll head home tomorrow.

Thank you, Frank. Sounds like you need to retire from a few more committees.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-13-2020

morning all another cool one here so I passed the morning replacing the sink  in guest bath  before I returned to the tying vice.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-14-2020

Good morning all, Tom, glad to hear that your son is recovering nicely. Prayers that he continues that way.

Frank, you need to take retirement a bit more seriously. We have lots of retired folks around here, you can take some direction from them, outdoor shuffleboard, bocci, pickelball, dancing, taking up space for hours in restaurants, hobby clubs, walking the malls, just all sorts of things to do rather than going to meetings..... Then again, I'm not sure any of that would be the life for me either. Nope 

No change in the weather, hitting around 70 and up for a while except for Thursday/Friday when it's suppose to rain. No biggies there, all the car auctions are under tents and no Spring Training baseball for a few more weeks.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2020

Rain and more rain.  Very warm.  Big thunder in the wee hours of the morning.  Seemed to last an hour.  Longest and loudest I ever heard.  

Dentist cleaning and errands.  Tomorrow is early out and all day Human Services.

Jim the plumber. Icon_e_biggrin 

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-14-2020

another day in paradise I think. C E  I was wondering if you hunt turkeys ?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-14-2020

Cloudy and 40. No snow so that makes it a good winter day here.
No big train news till the weekend. Going to be 2 toy train days.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-15-2020

Good morning everybody, a bit chilly out right now, but we should be into the low 70's later on. Rain still in the forecast for tomorrow as low as 1% (AccuWeather) and as high as 20% (MS Weather app). I'll just wait until tomorrow since in either case, they can't be wrong.

Took a few photos of what I've been doing on my layout just to see what glaring errors it uncovers. Back to square two for sure, they showed somethings that could be done differently or better, and that always seems to be the case. I guess working on something for so long, you are too close to it and it's easy to overlook it's faults. But take a photo, and you see it as others would. That's my philosophy, and I'm sticking to it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-15-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 with a freezing fog outside at the moment. The thermometer will be going in reverse today with temps falling to the mid teens by this afternoon. Snow storm on Friday.

Home from my son's place. He went back to work yesterday and is slowly recovering. Today I will be doing laundry and not much else.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2020

64 and suddenly cloudy.  Was sunny and real warm earlier.

Busy day and now off to Church group for food and fellowship.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-15-2020

Don:
I think that working closely on something for too long can make you immune to how wonderful it actually is. W S Gilbert cut a couple of the best songs from The Mikado the night before opening, but was persuaded otherwise.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-16-2020

Good morning all, been a bit chilly (mid-40's) in our mornings here, but then again, "chilly" by our standards means short-sleeves and flip-flops to most of our winter visitors.

Our Surprise police were extremely vigilant yesterday, I could see motorcycle officers stopping drivers all around town. One was where a number of us were going a bit over the speed limit and the officer decided to stop the guy to my right. Eek Been a good driver most of the time, this kinda brought me back into the folds of being a super-good driver. Goldth They say that once you see a cop with a radar gun, it's too late to slow down.

And yeah David, I think most modelers are their own worst critic. How many of us have done and re-done something over and over until we're either satisfied or way too tired of working on the same thing? Only then do we move on.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-16-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's -3 after an overnight low of -8. High for today is supposed to be +9. Snow tomorrow with 4-6 inches of snow and 40 mph winds.

Yesterday was a day of watch movies, switch laundry. Repeat until laundry is done. This morning I need to haul it all back upstairs. I've already been to Walmart and the grocery store. All stocked up and ready for the big storm tomorrow.

Don - around here 40s would be sweatshirt and shorts weather and definitely shoes instead of flip-flops.

All stay safe.

Tom