The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2020

Another busy day.  Afternoon was getting outside things done.  Cold is on the way tonight.  Really needed to mow grass.  No joke.  Will freeze tonight.

Finally got the Lionel Legacy N&W J [scale] out of the box.  Picked it up Tuesday afternoon.  Test ran it.  Will out smoke an MTH.  No joke.  Both exhaust fans running and still filled the train room in a few minutes.  Had only been test run and left on layout in round house yard.  Only thing was it was real dusty.  Got it at a great price. 

[Image: enhance]

[Image: enhance]

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-17-2020

Greetings, gang.

9 degrees and a winter storm warning posted through tomorrow. 3-5 inches of snow and freezing rain today and tonight with 35+ mph winds. Tomorrow winds could hit 50 mph. It's going to be a good weekend to stay indoors.

Nothing really planned for today other than to have the shutters open and watch the storm.

Frank - nice looking engine.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-17-2020

Bright sun and 20 degrees.
Storm warnings for here as well. (SE Mi)
Up to 7 inches of snow is the forecast. It's really messing up my weekend toy train plans as there is a big show on Sunday and our modular setup is tomorrow at noon. On a good day show is about 30 minutes away so I probably won't go after clearing snow at home.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-17-2020

Good morning everyone. Not sure if it rained last night since there's a lot of moisture on the van. If it did, it wasn't enough to get recorded, so I'm going to give this one to AccuWeather and their 1% chance of rain.

Temps still hovering around 70, a bit cooler today, but heading up by Sunday. Gunna be a lazy weekend, nothing planned, just kinda winging it.

I agree Frank, nice looking engine, have fun.

Have a great weekend....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2020

Morning.  Busy phone this AM after cooking breakfast.  County Food Security meeting this afternoon.  43 and sunny.  Went below freezing for the first time in weeks.  In January above freezing all the time!!!!

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 01-17-2020

hi all spent yesterday looking for lost hearing aid , still haven't found it . tight now the sun is shining and kinda warm.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-17-2020

Sir James's weather is supposed to blow past us as well. We want to go to a train show on Sunday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-18-2020

Good morning all. Not much change in the weather, chilly mornings, delightful afternoons, suppose to hit the mid-70 by tomorrow.

I hope you find you aid Jim, those pesky little rascals can get expensive. Lost one a few years ago when we were getting ready to move. Had a room full of furniture ready for the Salvation Army to pick up. When they did, the only thing left in the room lying on the floor was the aid. I always think that was my thanks for donating the furniture.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-18-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, light snow/blowing snow and 15 outside my window this morning. Winds up to 35 mph right now and predicted to reach near 50 mph later while the temperature slides down to about 5 by late this afternoon. Got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and just a dusting this morning. Ran the snow blower a couple of times yesterday and I'll have to run it again this morning since the snow plow has been past. The driveway is completely blocked at the moment. Nothing else on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-18-2020

Weather guesser's dream day today.......
Dry this morning. 23 deg.
Snow starting late morning 1 to 3 inches
Snow changing to rain in evening 36 deg.
overnight temps in the 40s

How can they be wrong? Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-18-2020

38 and cloudy.  Warming and rain tonight.  Off to Frankie's to do some replacing of things on pickup.  23 years old stuff.  Things I use to do but now let him do.  Visit Grands.  Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-19-2020

Good morning all. 48 and clear right now, headed to the mid-70's though. Shirtsleeve weather even for us locals. Watched a little of the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction on TV yesterday. I couldn't believe how many people were there. There had to be well over 20,000 in the auction area, some bidding, some just looking, and probably just as many folks outside looking, eating and drinking. They have almost 2,000 vehicles to auction, the ones we saw were all going in the six figures. You could have joined in the fun for $25, but on this weekend, that goes up to $80 just to get in and look, $195 if you want special treatment. I'm sure that some of the big dogs don't pay a nickle and get superior treatment.

Frank, you're learning fast. I call on Pat too frequently to help with things that I used to do on my own. I haven't worked on a vehicle ever since the invention of the microchip. The old days of digging in to change plugs, water pumps, belts and starters are long gone. Can't even find where those things are anymore.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-19-2020

Greetings, gang.

-4 outside this morning headed for +4. Good day to stay indoors.

As expected the snow plow came by during the night Friday night so I cleaned the end of the driveway yesterday morning. Then for some silly reason (maybe the driver needed the overtime) he came by again so I had to clean it a second time. Also had a chat with one of the neighbor guys about snow removal etiquette. Another neighbor used his four wheeler and shoved all his snow across the street, blocking the sidewalk that gets used every school day. We thought it was a little rude of the guy.

Nothing planned for today other than maybe watching some football.

Frank and Don - another retired parts changer here. Last time I tried to work on a car (other than oil changes) was when my 2000 Altima needed new brakes. Couldn't even get the retaining nut lose to remove the rotor.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2020

Morning.  54 and sunny after a big pour down last night.  Frankie got truck fixed.  Took longer as screws holding trailer lights receptacle were rusted so bad.  Good thing we changed it out.  Can't believe trailer lights worked from this plug.  Was so old and corroded that some fell apart when we got the thing disassembled.  All renewed and this time, hex head screws instead of Philips.  Coated all connections with electrical grease.  Outside window sweeps replaced.  By then cold and windy.  Rain started right after I left his house.

Yes, I have 4 air ratchets, 4 impact wrenches, big compressor, two little compressors, and a big tool box full of about every tool you can use.  Lots of nailers.  Hardly ever use them. 

Off to farms tomorrow.  20's tonight and 41 high tomorrow.  Will be cold down east as windy.  Be in woods most of the time so that helps.

Enjoy your week.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-19-2020

Woke up to find that street had been plowed, so there was a ridge at the end of the driveway -- too much to chance. Someone with a bigger car down the street was stuck on it. Then they did the sidewalk which gave us 3 ridges across the driveway. The driveway was cleared (we're at the end of the sequence) just before 4:00.

Cat is pestering me. He's had his 8 kibble on the plate, then the 3 tossed on the floor. He can count, but he thinks I can't.