The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-02-2020

Afternoon.  60 and sunny.  Will paste.  Easier. 

Home. Got there around 11:15. Held up by a ranch style house moving down NC96. Folks were turning around. We waited it out as moving pretty good for a house. We were going to turn left one mile away and go around it. House turned left instead. Went on as planned.

Had my big plate of chicken pastry.  Jeanie makes the best. Then fried chicken, collards and butter beans. More fried chicken, boiled potatoes [in thin red sauce], bar-b-q and slaw. Lots of sweet ice tea. By the time we left, it was getting packed and no parking spaces. Folks parking on the streets. Jeanie would not come out and visit as she would tear up constantly. Larry was a little emotional but held it back. 50+ years. He told me he was calling me. One Sat. night soon, cooking trout fillets [he has caught in the last month], french fries and hush puppies. Wants me to come and eat. Free. Seems he has been "raking" in very nice trout lately.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-02-2020

We have about 3" of "low clouds and breezy" on the lawn and deck today.
Wonderful predictions of only 6 more weeks of winter.
I don't watch any sports of my own volition. The golf was on at one point. I still think those guys, for what they're paid, should get it in the hole every time. Saw a bit of the part-time show at the other game -- won't get me watching that either.
I'm finishing off a row of houses I started at the train show 2 years ago. I put the curtains in the windows and they look better than I expected. The chimneys went on and I'm woring on chimney pots.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-03-2020

Good morning bright people, rise and shine. Better yet, just sit there and slog down a few cups of coffee. Awesome I think coffee is now healthy again just like eggs and bacon, that's why they're putting bacon on everything now days. Applause

Game day is over, someone won the Phoenix Open and walked away a millionaire if he wasn't one already. Even the last guy on the list took home over $15,000. Not bad for having 66 other players beat you. As for the other game, each one on the winning team will get $124,000 in addition to around $100,000 for playing in those playoff games. The losers, well, they only get a paltry $62,000, plus that other $100K. I have to admit, I did tune in a few time for a few minutes to see what was going on and it seems that I caught more commercials than I did game time. For the most part, we got to watch some "Dirty Jobs" and, "American Pickers" reruns.

As for the weather, temps in the low 60's today, and into the 50's for a few days after that. It should be close to freezing outside right now, but that happens a few times a year for us. Some people put sheets and blankets over their plants. Others, like us, just let nature do what nature does and hope for the best....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-03-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear at the moment but it will cloud up later. Chance for some light snow this evening. 26 now headed for 31.

Had a decent day yesterday. Did some more cleaning in my shop, went for an hour long walk, and got to sit on the porch and read for over an hour. Very nice day for early Feb. Got to 45 with some thin clouds. The game last night was actually pretty good. Half time show was not bad either. I was surprised by how well Ms. Lopez did the pole dancing. Remarkably fit for anyone, let alone a 50 year old.

This morning is a swimming day at the gym. This afternoon will find me headed for Des Moines to meet my sister-in-law and her husband for a very late lunch/very early supper. They are expecting to be in Des Moines around 3 or 4 this afternoon. They're traveling from Michigan to Omaha to visit some of his relatives.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 02-03-2020

hi all , internet back up after being like a yo-yo all weekend have the worst provider with lousy customer service  , but there the only show in town Sad kids came down this weekend to help out with yard cleanup.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-03-2020

74 degrees and sunny. Gas: reg. $198.9 and high test $2.58 at Harris Teeter. Now high school had just let out. Lexus SUV's and BMW's [new] driven by high school girls were filling up. Boy was on his new Silverado with "pipes". What too the cake. New Jaguar SUV driven by little blonde teen driving in as I was leaving. What happened to no vehicle or a used vehicle when in high school?

Off to County Commissioners.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-04-2020

Good morning everyone, kinda chilly outside, no, it's a darn right cold 37, and not getting out of the mid-50's today. We it 80 just a few days ago. No rain though, that's been moved to next Monday. February is a wet month here, so we'll see. Our weeds are still enjoying the rain from December, got the lawn care guy showing up again today to try to beat the HOA spy from giving us a warning. I see lots of houses around in the same shape, so the HOA should be having a field day.... Three things seem to upset them, weeds, parking on the street overnight and parking off the driveway. I got called out once because one tire was barely on the gravel. If you don't have an HOA in your neighborhood, you're lucky. They can be dictatorial, and they have the power to fine and even place liens and force foreclosures. And these people are your neighbors that can overlook their own faults....

Frank, we're still paying over a dollar a gallon more than you. Independents are still at $2.999 in our area, but I do see on Gas Buddy where some areas are as much as 20 cents lower than that. It never makes sense how the same dealer can have different prices in areas just a few miles apart other than their ability to stick it to you when they can. Nope Can't wait for Costco to open down the street, that should have a profound affect on gas prices here. Worship

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-04-2020

Greetings, gang

Cloudy and 18 with only a slight warming today. May hit the low 20s

Pleasant visit with my sister-in-law and her husband. Got home about 8:30 last night. The rest of the week should be quiet.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-04-2020

Iowa finally got it together.  Wifey says the guy we like won.  Told her anyone but that crazy Warren lady.  

Did yard work with Wifey this AM as she was off and it was warm.  63 now.  Went to eye Dr.  Back in 6 months as some slight degeneration showing.  Then said, eyes 20/20 except up close.  Only slight magnification needed.  You can quit wearing glasses except across the counter ones for reading.   Icon_e_surprised   OK???  I always could go days without wearing them and eyes seemed to adjust.  Took Wifey shopping east of us with eyes dilated.  Doesn't bother me. 

Showers may or may not come until Thursday night.  Then may have some storms.  They don't know anything.  

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-05-2020

Good morning all, still kind of chilly out right now, could be 38-40, got different numbers from different sites. Suppose to rain around Sunday for a few days, I won't give the chances since they range from, "maybe" to "really good". Beyond that, got the yard clear of weeds and sprayed. The yard guy said that the last rain washed away the spray, and will come back and do it over if it does rain soon. I just hope we beat the HOA spy.

Got a bit done on my backdrop. It's been a long time since I painted a scene so I'm doing and re-doing as I go. I still think that we are our own worst critics.

As for glasses Frank, the first ones that I got cost a few hundred dollars and were no better than the ones I've been using since then that cost less than $10. Same goes for my wife, store bought is just fine if all you need is to be able to read the fine print, plus I don't feel as bad if I scratch a lens or leave them somewhere. The $200 ones, I babied and kept in a case, the $10 ones I just jam in my pocket. Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-05-2020

Good morning.  66 and lots of clouds [sun keeps peeping out].  Suppose to be light showers.  Suppose.  Yesterday they said fair today.  They seem to not be able to get it right lately.

Think I'll vacuum house for Wifey as she has to work.  Then have it done before 1 PM as back injections.  Have to be lazy for three days.

Church group tonight.  Burgers on menu. 

Can't believe gas prices.  $1.98 up the street and here in town $2.39.  Well, yesterday we went east to Smithfield NC.  Big tank farm there where all the tankers come from for most of the eastern part of the state.  Gas $2.39.  Confusing.  Don't have to haul it that far.   Right near I 95.  

Hope all are doing OK.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-05-2020

Hello Blue
Sun this morning @ 25 degrees, snow is on it's way for tonight through tomorrow. No complaints from me, so far winter has been very kind to us.
No special news from here, this time of year is indoor weather for us old people. Go out when needed.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-06-2020

Good morning all, chilly yesterday, those soothsayers said it hit 35 early, our van said 32 around 7:00. Regardless, it was cold and windy all day and didn't get out of the 50's. Same for today, then it gets back into the 70's. Rain in the forecast for all next week, typical for February. They're going to try to keep temps high since Spring Training starts real soon. They suspend all road and utility work until after Spring Training, it means that much to the city.

We haven't had a challenge of any kind in a long time, so we're about to start one in a few days. We've got some suggestions and we'll give it a shot and hope we get enough participation. It's fun, it's motivating and it's satisfying. Stay tuned....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-06-2020

60 degrees and pouring.  Hope no one gets damage from storms.  We are getting lots of rain and etc.  Some getting lots of snow.

Lunch with nice lady friend.

Have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-06-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sun today, snow tonight. 5 this morning headed for the upper 20s. Some light snow overnight but it looks like a bigger chance for Saturday night and Sunday.

Got the laundry caught up yesterday and that's about all. Today I'll need to get a haircut and do some packing. Also may start planning a trip. Earlier I was thinking about Key West but with son's health up in the air I'm thinking a shorter trip might be better. i would just like to get away for a while.

All stay safe.

Tom